1. mikewashere05

mikewashere05 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    Xoji likes this.
  2. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

3. wonderbread

wonderbread Well-Known Member

Oh sweet. I couldn't find the press release on Verizon's press page but I did find it on HTC's

HTC Press Release - Read the Latest HTC Mobile Phone News

Featuring a “topographic” design that demonstrates the powerful engineering just beneath the surface, DROID Incredible by HTC is designed with craftsmanship and precision while making it easier than ever to stay connected.

Anyone know what they mean by topographic?

4. mikewashere05

5. foreWard

foreWard Well-Known Member

i think they are talking about how the back has the raised portions...not just flat....

6. jikhead

jikhead Well-Known Member

Here is also an internal email sent out that my brother forwarded to me.

It's A DROID. It's Incredible. It's Coming To Our Network.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: 4/15/2010 11:53:01 AM

The power of Android, the usability of HTC Sense and the reliability of our 3G network have all come together to create one incredible device: the new DROID Incredible by HTC. Here are 5 selling points of our newest smartphone, which will be available on April 29th:
    HTC Sense makes the device sing - The DROID Incredible by HTC is up to date with the newest version of HTC Sense. You may have seen Sense in action on the HTC Droid Eris, and seen how it makes the Android experience even more fun and easy. But this is the latest version of HTC Sense, and it has some great new tricks up its sleeve including Leap, which allows you to pinch the home screen for thumbnail access to all 7 screens at once or long touch to easily access your recently used applications.

While Android 2.1 helps it rock - Loaded with the most up-to-date Android software, the DROID Incredible by HTC supports all of the great Google services that make Android devices so great - Google Maps and Navigation, Google Goggles, Google Earth and You Tube. Want apps? The Android Market has just gone over 30,000 apps, so the DROID Incredible by HTC can be customized to fit any need.

Become a pro in a snap - Use the 8-megapixel camera, built-in flash and long list of settings to adjust the color, brightness, and style to help you capture incredibly crisp images. Then, thanks to seamless integration with Exchange ActiveSync, Flickr, and many Google applications, you can share those images in a flash - just snap your picture and hit share, and in one step - you can upload the image to your favorite social networking site or directly via email. Your friends and photos have never looked so good!

It's "Friend"-ly - The DROID Incredible by HTC has a new social networking feature called Friend Stream, which allows you to consolidate all of your feeds, like Twitter, Flickr and Facebook, into a continuous stream of updates. So instead of opening individual applications for each social networking site, you just use Friend Stream.

Can you say fast? - The transitions from screen to screen, the responsiveness of the keyboard, the speed of the camera are all FAST. That's because of the 1GHz Snapdragon processor that is powering the DROID Incredible by HTC. There is also a ton of memory inside - we're talking 8 GB of internal memory. That's more power than an average laptop had just a few years ago!

wonderbread likes this.
  7. taris300

taris300 Well-Known Member

8. droidINCREDIBLE

droidINCREDIBLE Active Member

Finally some official news.
    This is huge, this is big, this is better than anything else that exists.
    This is simply Incredible !

9. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

Is the $199 price before rebate like the Eris or post rebate like the Droid?

I really hope pre-rebate... $99 after and $49 after my NE2 :D

EDIT: nevermind I see thats after rebate

10. droidINCREDIBLE

droidINCREDIBLE Active Member

It's $300 before the $100 rebate.:cool:

11. humboldtsgt

humboldtsgt Active Member

Site states $199 after $100 mail in rebate, paid by debit card which can be used anywhere....... So I understand this to mean that it will be $300 out of pocket with $100 coming back.

I may be mistaken but we'll see sooner than later!

12. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

I want commercials now!

wonderbread likes this.
  13. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

preorder! woohoo

14. P M

P M Well-Known Member

So then 300$ out of pocket with 100$ coming back after signing 2 yr contract... could we also include the NE2 discount on top of that? which is what 50$ or 100$?

15. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

So with a NE2 discount, wouldnt it knock it down an extra $100?

16. P M

P M Well-Known Member

I was reading that NE2 is only eligible for primary line or a line that exceeds a minimal monthly cost of 34.99. My question is if a secondary line has a data plan attached to it, does that constitute as > 34.99 and therefore would be eligible for NE2 PrograM?

17. Jedi54

Jedi54 Well-Known Member

$300
    - $100 mail in Rebate (pre-paid Visa debit card)
    - $100 NE2 ?? (my plan exceeds the $34.99)
    Can I really get this for only $100?

18. sequre

sequre Well-Known Member

Someone should ask Verizon. I'll probably call later this evening to see if I can get an answer. You should do the same so we can compare to see if we were given the same information.

EDIT: Confirmation. That's exactly how much you will be paying. $99.99 (online only to get the instant rebate)

Jedi54 and Locke like this.
  19. confluence

confluence Well-Known Member

I know!

Though, I could have sworn that i saw the phone in a Iron Man 2 commercial for a quick second.

20. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member

Wait, so buying it out right it should be how much? I have an eris now and just want to know how much I'll be spending April 29th haha

21. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member

EDIT: Duplicate message posted... but I'll clarify in this post to make me look like less of a dipshit

But to clarify I'm just looking at buying new with no NE2. Replacing my Eris. And if it is only going to be $300 I'm picking one up. If it is going to be $500 well then I may wait a little bit.

22. mikewashere05

$599 retail

23. Locke

Locke Member

Thanks for the good info. I qualify for that $99.99 price so thats good news for me :cool: