• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official "Appointment" Thread*** aka: Steven58 hates clutter thread.

I got my call at 6:00 pm today. I made my appointment for 8:00 pm Thursday. Ugh that is going to be a long day at work. I allready installed the App creator on my PC and I will be starting work on my first app this weekend. I actually have a couple really exciting ideas that I cant wait to reveal to the Android marketplace.

I installed the portion that needs to be downloaded on my PC also, but when I try to use app Creator online it just brings ne to the page to enter my email to request access. I requested access 2 days ago and nothing. Has Google emailed you giving you access? I hope thus doesn't turn out to be a long waiting process like Google voice was a year ago!

BTW, still no call for me. If I don't get one by 5 I am going to call them and I might have to get in line at verizon in the morning. Either way I will have my Droid X at 10am!

Upvote 0
I installed the portion that needs to be downloaded on my PC also, but when I try to use app Creator online it just brings ne to the page to enter my email to request access. I requested access 2 days ago and nothing. Has Google emailed you giving you access? I hope thus doesn't turn out to be a long waiting process like Google voice was a year ago!

BTW, still no call for me. If I don't get one by 5 I am going to call them and I might have to get in line at verizon in the morning. Either way I will have my Droid X at 10am!

I don't think its actually live yet
edit: We will be granting access to App Inventor for Android over the coming weeks.

Upvote 0
Work will pass the time, I hope. Otherwise I'm going to print up the actual size picture of the Droid X and tape it over my current phone....>.>

wtf-cat.jpg

Upvote 0
Today is going to be one loooooong day.

Work will pass the time, I hope. Otherwise I'm going to print up the actual size picture of the Droid X and tape it over my current phone....>.>

You joke, but before the promo units hit stores I did something similar to see if I would like the size of the phone. I cut out 2 pieces of card board to size, stapled them together, and then glued an acurate size picture of the face of the phone to the cardboard. Lol it actually turned out pretty good.

And 20 hours to go for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones