3. I don't know yet!

14 vote(s)
    21.9%
  4. I prefer the Samsung Galaxy s4

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. craftycarper

craftycarper Well-Known Member

That's the way most threads go over there to be honest, it can be real hard going at times.
    sikclown likes this.
  2. Abird!

Abird! Well-Known Member

My general question, black or silver? That is the question, hehe I was set on getting silver but the more I look at the black the more I want it, decisions decisions :)
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

In The Land of Aloha?

You want silver, unless keeping it out of the sun is no problem for you. :)
    Abird! likes this.
  4. Abird!

Abird! Well-Known Member

I totally took that into consideration, I'm thinking okay at the beach the black would not be fun. Thank you EarlyMon I'm pre-ordering the silver tomorrow :D
    EarlyMon likes this.
  5. BillyODU

BillyODU Well-Known Member

Going in to my Sprint store on Sunday to preorder my and my fiancee's phones.. I spoil her rotten.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  6. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Finally got a chance to have a few minutes' play with one in a shop today. Hard to get a good try out when there's a silly metal clamp around the phone, but I have to say it felt much nicer in my (relatively small) hands than the S3 next to it - the width and the curve both helped. As for the screen, my ageing eyes just found it very natural and restful to look at - rather than drawing attention to itself, the screen was good enough that I quickly forgot I was looking at a screen. Very nice.

Since the 64GB version isn't available here yet (Paul at MoDaCo reports that HTC told him it was coming to the UK, but the initial release would just be 32GB) I guess I'll have time to play with the S4 and see whether Google/Motorola do say anything interesting next month. But my feeling was very much that this was a device I could see myself using for the next few years, and I'll be very surprised if the S4 is able to make a better impression on me.
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

BEST BUY has the ONE pre-listed @ $249 down w/installments.No availability date given yet.I suspect this has to do w/the i-Phone being released today (4/5/13) & to have each phone have their own moment in the spotlight.I'm guessing next Friday we'll have an availability date:

HTC - One 4G Mobile Phone - Silver (T-Mobile) - HTC ONE GLACIER SILVER KIT

now available for order directly from HTC for T-MOBILE subscribers,w/delivery shipment on 4/18/13:

Pre-Order The HTC One Direct From HTC, Ships April 18th | TmoNewsTmoNews

This is for customers still on the classic plans & not for the new UNCARRIER plans
    marctronixx likes this.
  8. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

9. BKayrac

BKayrac Well-Known Member

This is correct, as far as I am aware, going directly through sprint is the absolute best deal, as porting a number AND using htc's trade in program(where any phone you send in is atleast 100$ or more) your htc one is free.

However if you are not porting your number, wirefly is a better deal than sprint, as wirefly's upgrade cost is 149.99, where as sprints is 199.99.
  10. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

be sure and read wirefly's terms as you can face some stiff fines if you want to make account changes.
  11. shadowspawn

shadowspawn Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting to see if Verizon is going to be releasing the HTC One. The only reason I want to go with Verizon is because I can easily get Diamond Wireless Protection on it which, IMO, is the best insurance out there (or at least in my area). If not, I may hop carriers to Sprint and get the HTC One there depending on supply and what features I can add to my plan. I'll miss Verizon's reception, but after viewing a coverage map, it looks like out of all the 50 states, mine is the most covered by Sprint in terms of total landmass:coverage ratio.
  12. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

Is there going to be some sort of a HTC One that is made for T-Mobile and the unlock universal version?

I remember the HTC One S that has a S3 and a S4.

I wanted to get the unlock universal version but I read that it cant do some sort of T-Mobile frequencies.

Is this too early to tell?
  13. nickmoi451

nickmoi451 Member

Does anyone know which model numbers are which? Like what is the model number of the one that will work on AT&T's LTE network?
  14. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

I wish HTC would just make a universal/unlock version like the Nexus 4 and everybody would be sooo happy.
  15. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

If you want LTE you currently can't have a single universal handset, and the N4 also isn't available for CDMA networks. So there is a reason for having variants. Admittedly there could be fewer 3G variants, but I'm sure they have a reason (it costs to make multiple variants, so it would be silly to make more than you have to).

Most of the locking is at networks' requests. SIM-unlocked handsets are readily available outside the US. I agree that I'd prefer bootloaders to be unlocked rather than unlockable, but again in most of the world it's not a big deal to unlock it.
    marctronixx likes this.
  16. kylecummins

kylecummins Well-Known Member

HTC One
  17. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

Bah seems HTC have delayed their SIM free stock again (ordered through Handtec)... i'm looking at the final week in April now :p

If anyone notices somewhere in the UK selling the phone SIM Free in the next week can you please post it here. I can find it in stock locked to my carrier "3", in plenty of places but I really want my updates in a timely fashion this time around.

This is really beginning to remind me of when I tried to get a Desire HD on launch and it took me 1 1/2 months to get hold of a SIM free one...

Looking like some of you guys across the pond might be getting it before me at this rate...
  18. danski

danski Well-Known Member

Yup, I got that email from Handtec last night too, and I`ll be waiting longer as I ordered a black one as well.

I`m probably going to hang on and wait, but you can see why their profits are 98% down on projections when they cant get their marketing and logistics sorted out...at this rate this`ll be the last handset they ever make ! :mad:
  19. BillyODU

BillyODU Well-Known Member

Pre ordered 2 silvers on Sunday.. these 10 more days are crawling by
  20. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

21. TheSuper

TheSuper Well-Known Member

Final week in April....isn't that when the new Samsung flagship is released in the UK? :D What a cock-up from HTC! :mad: Getting brilliant reviews and no one can even get their hands on a phone let alone buy one!
  22. misplacetexan

misplacetexan Member

Just ordered my HTC One through Sprint. :D Should be receiving phone on the 19th of April. Can't wait for the One:D.
    marctronixx likes this.
  23. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Looking forward to a review from your perspective,if you'd be so kind....:D
    marctronixx likes this.
  24. kylecummins

kylecummins Well-Known Member

Its pretty bad up here (canada).

Best buy has a preorder up for rogers so far, but told me for 30 days they would not sell me the phone even IF they do get it for Bell. Only new contracts or upgrades for 30 days.

Also Bell is apparently not announcing but planning to release on the 19th because of the prior to delays.

We are also apparently not getting a 64gb variant, which isnt a huge deal but still seems odd to me. Ive been grilling every cell phone store i see to try and get info out of them.

Personally i dont need a 64, but would buyit if they made it available. I would be fine with a 32gb in black preferably (but mot sounding likely) or silver and will be throwing on the cruzerlite a2 case in either clear (for silver) or black (for the black) as well as ghost armouring the phone asap.

Just wish i knew for sure when it was coming out
  25. emf1138

emf1138 Well-Known Member

My One is supposed to ship on 4/16, hoping they pull an Apple and I get it that day. One more week to go. It's killing me over here. :D

Yes, I know, it's just a phone. :p