• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[OFFICIAL] Are you getting The One? (price/carrier/color discussion)

Will you be getting this phone

• Yes!

Votes: 45 70.3%
  • No!

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I don't know yet!

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • I prefer the Samsung Galaxy s4

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If they price this phone right HTC might have a hit on their hands. If they price it at $600 and up, well too bad HTC. $500 would be the sweet spot. HTC phones suffer massive depreciation in just a few months. I'll buy the next iPhone when my upgrade is dues in august, sell it immediately for a huge profit and pick up a used HTC one for about $300.

Upvote 0
Still hoping to receive my Silver One tomorrow from P4U, had the email this morning from them stating that the Black is delayed and Silver is still on course for tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see if this is the case.

3 mobile still had the silver one listed on their site with a delivery date of tomorrow up until an hour ago, now listed as 28th march delivery date.

Black model showing 30th April right now though...

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Will be interesting to see if this is the case.

3 mobile still had the silver one listed on their site with a delivery date of tomorrow up until an hour ago, now listed as 28th march delivery date.

Black model showing 30th April right now though...

My girlfriend called up 3 today and they have sent out the silver one for delivery tomorrow. I was certain there wouldn't be any until late april but they said they had a few and I guess she just called at the right time

Upvote 0
Still hoping to receive my Silver One tomorrow from P4U, had the email this morning from them stating that the Black is delayed and Silver is still on course for tomorrow.

I've also pre-ordered through P4U, but I've ordered the black. I've always been on edge wondering if I will in fact receive it tomorrow after the confirmation of delays. Especially considering that all the demos I've seen and the ones I've been too have been silver versions. I phoned P4U at around 17:00 today to check on my order and they said everything was still on track for delivery tomorrow. I'm just hoping I don't get the email you received indicating no black available, think I would just die. Have been looking soooo forward to having this phone tomorrow as I'm travelling next week.

I will update on here if and when I do receive it however or with any communications I get from P4U for those on here that may be wondering.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Right so I got the horribly disappointing email this morning that my black HTC One will not be arriving today but instead on the 2nd April. However, they've given the option of changing to the silver variant and receiving it on the 20th March.

I found out Vodafone has the device in stock as well as O2, so I'm heading to the high street now to see if I can bag one. Again will update here on what happens.

EDIT:

So I've been to two different town centres and checked all the carriers and mobile retailers. Bottom line is nobody is going to have stock until 25th or there about.

Vodafone claims to have had a couple hundred that allowed them to satisfy most of their pre orders. I actually bumped into the HTC rep today at the EE store and got excited that maybe she had brought stock with her. All she was there for was to show the staff a working handset and setup the HTC stand, she too confirmed stock would be coming in late next week possibly but more likely the week after.

There is an even further delay amongst the black variant which leads into the first week of April at the earliest. Hope this helps some folks who haven't received any answers yet. If you do find available stock by some miracle I'd love to know as I'm itching to get one of these bad boys!

Upvote 0
I'm starting to think I should get a silver one, in part because of the apparent extra delay in the release of the black one and in part because of one review which said the black paint was easily scratched (albeit the reviewer was testing it by putting the phone in his pocket with keys).

Problem is, I don't really like how the silver one looks...

Decisions, decisions...

Upvote 0
My girlfriend called up 3 today and they have sent out the silver one for delivery tomorrow. I was certain there wouldn't be any until late april but they said they had a few and I guess she just called at the right time

It turned up in the post just now, 3 UK are true to their word :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones