• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[OFFICIAL] Are you getting The One? (price/carrier/color discussion)

Will you be getting this phone

• Yes!

Votes: 45 70.3%
  • No!

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I don't know yet!

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • I prefer the Samsung Galaxy s4

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It turned up in the post just now, 3 UK are true to their word :D

I think I'm more excited than she is haha :p

New with the old!

Attachments

• 1363369105356.jpg
    1363369105356.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
Going to give me phone envy too! I have an upgrade eligible... Mine. Too bad I lose unlimited data if I want to exercise it. :(

Yeah,a good chunk of cash for the phone indeed (unsubsidized),but,wouldn't the cost be offset by the $ saved vs a subsidized phone+limited plan?

I suppose it depends on how long you keep the phone will determine if it's worth it........

I say go for it:evil:;),buy the phone outright,& keep the unlimited plan.
Worse case scenario:sell it @ a later date & recoup most of your investment.

Upvote 0
That's with a contract, therefore an update.

The dev phone is $650 so I'd expect the retail on the non-dev phone to less than that, just as a guess.

That is a sweet price,especially w/the 64GB on-board,which makes your guess probably a correct one.

I hope BEST BUY gets the ONE in-stock @ the same time as the carriers do,which I'm guessing that they will,since they're "all-in" w/promoting it.

Upvote 0
That is a sweet price, especially w/the 64GB on-board, which makes your guess probably a correct one.

I hope BEST BUY gets the ONE in-stock @ the same time as the carriers do, which I'm guessing that they will, since they're "all-in" w/promoting it.

Agreed, I hope it lands at the same time through all retail channels (U.S.) I also hope for everyone's sake that the availability of the different exterior colors and different internal storage capacities, is the same in all channels and in the correct ratio for whatever the market determines demand to be.

I know it kind of sounds like the star will have to align.

I don't even know if I am getting the device or not, but I would like to see a clean launch no matter what I decide.
Since my upgrade chance is purely a commodity and out of my own pocket, I'll say that a clean launch will likely be an influential factor in my decision making process.
Around first launch I need to be able to test the device first and know that I can get the color I want to choose from the retail channel I choose, and at the 64GB storage option, within a very small window of time.
If there is some kind of wait, I will not settle for the lower SKU option and I will be more apt to stick with my current device that is still quite serviceable and wait for the next thing that catches my eye.

Upvote 0
'But darling, my contract is up soon and i'm eligible for a free upgrade...' (tm)

It's what i'm going with. :)

Sounds good to me, but you're probably going to get THAT look (not to be confused with THE look), if your wife's like mine! :-D Fortunately(?), my wife's digitizer is going out again, so she's ready for a new one too! So I'm not getting the usual guff about my upgrade this time! :-D

Upvote 0
Looks like VZW hasn't quite kicked the exclusivity habit just yet:

HTC confirms the One will not come to Verizon

What it all comes down to is Verizon will just not give up this whole Droid thing! And HTC probably want's the ONE to be sold as is, the HTC ONE, not the Verizon DROID ONE! It was cool a few years ago, but the whole creepy eye thing is just so nailed into the coffin already... Another words it's ran it's course already and it's time for VZW to just sell phones already and give up the whole Droid marketing scheme already.

Upvote 0
Looks like VZW hasn't quite kicked the exclusivity habit just yet:

HTC confirms the One will not come to Verizon
That tweet no longer shows up in HTC USA's account. Faux pas maybe?

Edit: nevermind, it's there, had the wrong settings on my twitter account.

Definitely wanted this one, but I'm stuck with Verizon. All the other carriers suck in my area... Stupid Verizon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones