Last Updated:

1. CDPlant

CDPlant Well-Known Member

I think I'm more excited than she is haha :p

New with the old!

Attached Files:

2. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

I'll be going from an iPhone to either an HTC One or an SGS4 so I would be really interested to hear your thoughts on the HTC after a few days of use please. :)
  3. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Didn't get much choice about the timing of that upgrade! ;)
  4. CDPlant

CDPlant Well-Known Member

I just want to say, the sound is AMAZING. I've never heard such clear, rich sound out of a phone. Those speakers are brilliant

Now I really want one :( :p
    AntimonyER and KOLIO like this.
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Going to give me phone envy too! I have an upgrade eligible... Mine. Too bad I lose unlimited data if I want to exercise it. :(
  6. KOLIO

KOLIO Gruß vom Krampus Guide

Yeah,a good chunk of cash for the phone indeed (unsubsidized),but,wouldn't the cost be offset by the $ saved vs a subsidized phone+limited plan?

I suppose it depends on how long you keep the phone will determine if it's worth it........

I say go for it:evil:;),buy the phone outright,& keep the unlimited plan.
    Worse case scenario:sell it @ a later date & recoup most of your investment.
  7. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

What's the cost for US carriers specifically sprint for off contract? 400 bones? I'm eligible for upgrade next year so I'll be paying full price...
  8. KOLIO

Rumored to be $199/32GB,$299/64GB.

Nothing carved in stone to date,but,this is typical subsidized pricing for a flagship model.
    marctronixx likes this.
  9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

That's with a contract, therefore an update.

The dev phone is $650 so I'd expect the retail on the non-dev phone to less than that, just as a guess.
    marctronixx likes this.
  10. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Probably $599 on VZW.

No, Going to have to pass on the One, my wife would have my head if I got another new phone already. :p plus the DNA is still a sweet phone.
  11. Scootmien

'But darling, my contract is up soon and i'm eligible for a free upgrade...' (tm)

It's what i'm going with. :)
  12. Aokusman

Aokusman Well-Known Member

I'll buy one a few months later used off CL. I'm not paying HTC for $600 for any phone. HTC phones dont hold their value for very long.
  13. KOLIO

That is a sweet price,especially w/the 64GB on-board,which makes your guess probably a correct one.

I hope BEST BUY gets the ONE in-stock @ the same time as the carriers do,which I'm guessing that they will,since they're "all-in" w/promoting it.
  14. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Agreed, I hope it lands at the same time through all retail channels (U.S.) I also hope for everyone's sake that the availability of the different exterior colors and different internal storage capacities, is the same in all channels and in the correct ratio for whatever the market determines demand to be.

I know it kind of sounds like the star will have to align.

I don't even know if I am getting the device or not, but I would like to see a clean launch no matter what I decide.
    Since my upgrade chance is purely a commodity and out of my own pocket, I'll say that a clean launch will likely be an influential factor in my decision making process.
    Around first launch I need to be able to test the device first and know that I can get the color I want to choose from the retail channel I choose, and at the 64GB storage option, within a very small window of time.
    If there is some kind of wait, I will not settle for the lower SKU option and I will be more apt to stick with my current device that is still quite serviceable and wait for the next thing that catches my eye.
  15. toad6386

toad6386 Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me, but you're probably going to get THAT look (not to be confused with THE look), if your wife's like mine! :-D Fortunately(?), my wife's digitizer is going out again, so she's ready for a new one too! So I'm not getting the usual guff about my upgrade this time! :-D
  16. Niceitup

Niceitup Member

I was told the US wouldn't see any delays for the One and the official launch date was yesterday the 15th. Has anyone seen one at a store or been able to purchase one yet?
  17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

I've moved your post here to our carrier/pricing thread where we're puzzling out availability and dates.

Cheers! :)
  18. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Personally, for me, I will be getting this device - when? Three to four months down the line. Hopefully by then most of the bugs will be dealt with.
  19. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the party :smokingsomb:

I wish that were true about March 15th...

Nothing yet man, we're all in the Dark together!
  20. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Yes sir...I will be using one of my upgrades for this beauty!

Honestly haven't been this amped about a phone in a while...lol a few months..hahahaha
  21. Scootmien

I put "I don't know" but I am 60/40 leaning towards this phone from the S4 so far.
  22. craftycarper

craftycarper Well-Known Member

I will be getting one.....yesterday...it's awesome!:D
    KOLIO likes this.
  23. KOLIO

EarlyMon likes this.
  24. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

What it all comes down to is Verizon will just not give up this whole Droid thing! And HTC probably want's the ONE to be sold as is, the HTC ONE, not the Verizon DROID ONE! It was cool a few years ago, but the whole creepy eye thing is just so nailed into the coffin already... Another words it's ran it's course already and it's time for VZW to just sell phones already and give up the whole Droid marketing scheme already.
  25. 12VoltMan

12VoltMan New Member

That tweet no longer shows up in HTC USA's account. Faux pas maybe?

Edit: nevermind, it's there, had the wrong settings on my twitter account.

Definitely wanted this one, but I'm stuck with Verizon. All the other carriers suck in my area... Stupid Verizon.