• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[OFFICIAL] Are you getting The One? (price/carrier/color discussion)

Will you be getting this phone

• Yes!

Votes: 45 70.3%
  • No!

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I don't know yet!

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • I prefer the Samsung Galaxy s4

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like VZW hasn't quite kicked the exclusivity habit just yet:

HTC confirms the One will not come to Verizon

Yeah I saw that and it is really disappointing, I would buy it in a heartbeat if it came to Verizon. I switch carriers a lot and promised my wife we would stay on Verizon until our contract is up next yet or I would go back to AT&T.

If this doesn't get released on Verizon, I will probably settle on the GS4. :(

Upvote 0
32GB version will most likely be 199.00 with the 64GB version at 299.00 depending on if Sprint carries both versions. AT&T has already said they will offer both the 32 and 64gb versions but neither T-Mobile nor Sprint have specifically mentioned storage amount.
I really don't care what version Sprint carries ... I will be using my 32Gb SD card. :)

Upvote 0
The HTC-One is at the top of my list to replace my Bionic, but I'm on Verizon.

I'll probably jump on the S4 if it comes to Verizon more than a couple weeks before the HTC-One does.

I keep hoping for an update, stating that it's coming to Verizon sooner than previously published!!!

According to HTC, you are probably going to be stuck with the SGS4

Confirmed: HTC One not coming to Verizon in the USA - GSMArena.com news

They tweeted today the One is not coming to Verizon

Upvote 0
I'm not going to wait too long, even though, I think the HTC is the better phone. But, once I've committed to the S4, then HTC has lost me for this contract, which means I'll be better positioned to stay with Galaxy the next time around.

It's just seems so dumb for HTC having such sales issues, to not have their new flagship offered by the largest carrier. Poor business plan to say the least.

Upvote 0
I'm not going to wait too long, even though, I think the HTC is the better phone. But, once I've committed to the S4, then HTC has lost me for this contract, which means I'll be better positioned to stay with Galaxy the next time around.

It's just seems so dumb for HTC having such sales issues, to not have their new flagship offered by the largest carrier. Poor business plan to say the least.

Thats on Verizon, not HTC...

Upvote 0

Verizon decision. They stayed quiet, forcing HTC to announce it.

Don't shoot the messenger! :) ;)

Upvote 0
Comparing to Apple's announce and release strategy will only be valid when you can buy a phone at the HTC Store near you.

Meanwhile, HTC sells through third parties, and can control what they sell to them for, and when they ship out.

I've seen several cases of MSRP varying by a hundred dollars on the same phone on the same day at BestBuy, Radio Shack and Sprint.

And don't forget the burning HTC had last year, where we knew the prices and release dates until Apple got them held up at Customs.

And what was wrong with the phones? Absolutely not one damned thing.

Who did everything blame, Apple? Nope, HTC.

What was the story when the shipments released, that Apple sucks out loud? No, it was all HTC's fault, they should be more careful to nothing wrong while they were busy doing nothing wrong.

If you were HTC taking this abuse from the government, Apple and the press, and being blamed for it to add insult to injury would you announce a release date?

Put the blame where it belongs, don't slag an innocent company just trying to deliver phones.

Seems where there's no carrier shenanigans and no politicians in Apple's pocket over in the UK, you can get them today and know the price.

Right on time.

So, say it with me, who's to blame here? ;)

Reactions: toad6386
Upvote 0
And here comes the stupid Apple vs android arguments.....

No I don't think where comparing Apple to Android ...That's a useless argument at the height of where Android is these days. Apple is scared of Android, why else would Phil Schiller be running his mouth about BS on the day the Galaxy S4 was being announced. There will always be fan boys, and I laugh at people who still get sucked into the which is better iPhone or Android phone debate.

EarlyMon does have a point on the whole Apple doing devious evil things to other manufacturer's to slow down they're release. And honestly it really annoys the Friggin hell out of me that in this day and age these kind of tactics still exist. Yes I buy Apple products, lol what can I say...They make an awesome lap top...lmaooo! But I don't like bullies, I'm the guy who see's someone bullying another person who's not as athletic or as cool as some would prefer and I usually end up threatening the bully that if he doesn't walk away I'll end up sticking him in a Snapple bottle...But that's a whole other conversation!

Upvote 0
Even so, marctronixx made the better call just sidelining things, we were getting off-topic.

We may go ahead and delete my comment and the follow-on, not sure I'd have made the remarks had I seen marc's warning, and fair's fair.

Marc, I'll support your call on that, thanks! :)

lol..We're all just a little anxious for HTC to release the one :D

Jeez, I havent been excited for a phone in a while...

Upvote 0
Maybe there's hope for this on Verizon. HTC has removed the tweets confirming it's not coming to Verizon. Fingers crossed.

You'd think HTC would know whether this was true or not, right? I just feel it's Verizon being their typical controlling self, and got ticked off that HTC was speaking for them.

There is some hope that the HTC6445LVW is Verizon's "Droidified" One... Aka DNA Plus. But who knows.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones