*Official* Atrix Problems/Issues ThreadSupport

Last Updated: 2012-11-21 03:23:11
  1. atlbuc

atlbuc Well-Known Member

In anticipation of our phones arriving today I have created this thread which Roze will sticky for us.

Advertisement
  2. atlbuc

atlbuc Well-Known Member

Not really a problem I guess but I can't use GoToMyPc in Webtop mode, says I need a Java enabled browser.
  3. Yea the shyts slow
  4. dimammx

dimammx Member

I was looking forward for a dock, but i do Need Java support in the browser. So i guess No Laptop dock then. :(
  5. atlbuc

atlbuc Well-Known Member

There is java script but no java plugin
  6. dimammx

dimammx Member

Yes, i meant full Java not java script, Thank you for Info.
  7. atlbuc

atlbuc Well-Known Member

Yea I know what you meant, was just stating what is available
  8. DT

DT Well-Known Member

My first voice call was kind of freaky, but a few hours later I was able to call both another AT&T cell and our land-line.

Everything is pretty solid so far.
  9. mattpex

mattpex Member

I cant get gmail to auto update. Send emails from a yahoo account and they show up instantly using gmail on my computer. When i check my phone there are no notifications in the status bar and no new emails when i open gmail. I only see new emails when hit settings, refresh and the emails appear and yes notifications are turned on. Any help from you guys would be great!
  10. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

Some G1's and N1's used to get this. A couple of questions to double check here...
    Are you rooted
    Have you signed into the Market app and/or the Google Talk app?

Let me chew on this for a bit and get back to you here... Answer those if you can though
  11. drewdo

drewdo New Member

Anybody elses Atrix randomly restarts itself?
  12. dmlv

dmlv Member

Don't know if it is an issue but when I plug the charger in the backlight remains on instead of turning off after 1 minute (timeout i have in setting).
    My nexus and all my other phones don't do this. Maybe a Moto thing.
    Anyone else?
  13. Battleship

Battleship Member

The screen might be defaulting to staying on while charging. Try this to disable it:

Settings > Applications > Development > Uncheck "Stay Awake."
    BabaGo, eirigance, mgymnop and 4 others like this.
  14. kgeissler

kgeissler Well-Known Member

Mine did when I was plugging the hmdi cable in.
  15. Czarcat

Czarcat Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed a severe red push on video playback?

In general, I find the display sharp and pleasing. But, on video playback, it seems very soft and heavily red tinted. I can't find any way to adjust settings that might lessen this. I presume it's a by-product of the screen technology in use, but, it's way over done for video playback.

For comparison, I played the same file at the same time on the following devices: Atrix, Inspire, Captivate, and Iphone 4. I found the Captivate to be the sharpest and most vibrant whereas the Iphone 4 was crisp with more lifelike color. The Inspire was good but also had a slight red push and slightly soft overall display. The Atrix was by far the most red and most soft. I refer to soft as the loss of detail in a blanket that was draped over a sofa in the video I played back.
  16. DT

DT Well-Known Member

I had a weird charging situation, but it's not really a problem with the phone so much.

We have a little surge protector + 2 USB ports, and with the Atrix plugged in and the wife's iPhone 4, they were both flipped out (almost like flipping the power to the outlet on/off really fast).

I swapped the Atrix to the provided AC adapter (same surge protector) and both charge just fine. It must have a bigger power draw or something[?]

Like I said, no biggie, but just wanted to mention it in the off chance somebody else runs into this. For the record, we always kept the iP4 and Captivate both connected via the USB ports.
  17. dmlv

dmlv Member

Thank you!
    I'm pretty tech savvy but couldn't find that one.
    Now if I can find a if there is a setting to change the notification light to only blink for a certain length of time...without rooting.
    JvKintheUSA likes this.
  18. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

it's good that this is all that's happening thus far. all sounds software related. some of the original Evo users had screens coming off of their device and crap.
  19. arunsharma7

arunsharma7 Well-Known Member

signal strength is very bad I compared with my blackberry and found huge diff. I am getting so many dropped calls with Atrix very disappointed and signal bar where BB had 5 in atrix only 2-3
  20. JohnnyStyles

JohnnyStyles New Member

Hello, I'm new to Androids. Just got my Atrix yesterday. It got stuck in a boot loop last night and I'm not sure how to fix it. It loads the Motorola Dual Core screen then the AT&T screen then it restarts. I can get to the menus on start up by holding the power and the volume down key on start up. I have these options after that:

Fastboot
    NvFlash
    BP HW Bypass RSD
    BP HW Bypass QC DLOAD
    BP HW Bypass & Boot AP
    BP HW Bypass BP Only
    BP SW Bypass RSD
    Android Recovery
    Boot Android (No BP)
    Device UID
    Console=ttyS0,115200n8
    Early USB Enumeration
    RSD

Problem being is I'm not sure what to do next to fix this problem.

Please Help,
    Thanks.
  21. atlbuc

atlbuc Well-Known Member

Is this on 1st boot or did you install anything yet?
  22. kstruck

kstruck Well-Known Member

Mine just shut off with 70% battery left which sucked because I used it as my alarm clock this morning. I woke up 10 min late and I was like wtf. Check the phone and it was off. Had to fully restart. That is not a good sign.
  23. JohnnyStyles

JohnnyStyles New Member

It wasn't the first boot. I was able to boot it up and set up some things on the phone. I added a few free apps to check them out. I got an error from one of them so I closed the programs and restarted the phone. Now it's just boot looping.
  24. atlbuc

atlbuc Well-Known Member

What program was it
  25. JohnnyStyles

JohnnyStyles New Member

That I can't remember unfortunatly which one caused it. It could have been the Mafia Wars App or A family guy soundboard? Not sure, I had just downloaded a handful to check them out from the top free apps in the android market. Guess I f'd myself there.