Official Bargain Hunter's EBay/cheap Droid X Accessories Thread!Accessories

1. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member

This thread will cater to specific people, namely

1) The poor*
    2) The "I feel smug when I get similar functionally at half the price" elitist

*this includes a wide variety of people, from the "I'm broke after buying my DX" to the "I hate spending royalties on accessories even though I can afford a DX" to the "I'm in college and I'd rather spend my money on...err...other...err...things".

So if you could roughly format your posts into:

Accessory:
    Price:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Recommend?
    Links and pics are a plus, but I'm too lazy. Sorry!

I'll start:

Accessory: Snap-on Rubberized Case from Ebay
    Price: $4.98 shipped. I got the slightly more expensive pack that came with an LCD protector, which I have since ditched for the Steinheil Ultra-Crystal (Crap! I've violated my own thread with a white-collar item!)
    Pros:
    -Adds minimal bulk. Doesn't change the DX form factor.
    -Very similar to Rocketfish case ($25), but has better cutouts for the back
    -Readily accessible ports/doesn't interfere with hard buttons (camera, volume, etc)
    -Hasn't broken yet
    -Coin slot. Much easier to take off than the Rocketfish IMO. The Best Buy employees gave me the staredown cause it took me a solid 2 min to pry apart the case and put it back in the packaging before walking out in
    shame.
    -Has a smooth feel that I prefer over the silicon cases. It's not sticky by any means, so it slides into my pocket easily.
    Cons:
    -Paint has chipped a little bit
    -Has some wiggle room. Sometimes it makes a creaky sound when I'm using it. Although, this could potentially be a good thing because it might fit with the extended battery (I'll keep you updated! Just ordered cause of the 30% discount stacked with 25% employee discount)

Recommend? Yes. I've only had it for about a week and I'm already used to it, and I can overlook the cons easily. If it fits with the extended battery I'll be even happier! For $5 shipped, it's one of the better deals out there for people who prefer the naked look of the phone but need the added ease of mind. Overall I'd give it an 8/10.

Advertisement
  2. TrendyBull

TrendyBull Active Member

how bout a link possibly?
  3. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member

Just an update! Got my extended battery and the EBay case fits! It's even better than the original cover cause the extra bulk = no more squeaking! I'm going to use the extended cover even with the regular battery cause the fit is so much more snug.

Might upload some pics if anybody wants
  4. bigtex19

bigtex19 Well-Known Member

do that please
  5. Mamba24

Mamba24 Member