Official Bionic Release Date ThreadGeneral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Advertisement
  2. jfoey22

jfoey22 Well-Known Member

That kind of Blows. I am ready to throw my Blackberry 8330 Curve out the Window. Thankfully that is only my work phone and I have a Dinc for pleasure but the curve is getting upgraded. The dinc is available for upgrade in April (love 1yr contracts)
  3. When does q2 officially start? jw
  4. jfoey22

April - June
  5. nice well thats right around my upgrade which is in july
  6. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Man this will be a long wait, hopefully I will be busy and have some good ROMS to mess around with.
  7. Ponderous

Ponderous Member

Gonna be a long wait, but look on the bright side. We can watch all the other new phones hit the streets as well as the elusive Verizon iPhone. :) I can't wait. I'm ponyin' up for two Bionics on launch date fo' sho'!
  8. thought you were going to say you were getting the iphone lol was going to say alot of people may chew ur ear off if you said that
  9. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Please take time to review the two links in my sig. Doing so may help to avoid any of you taking an involuntary leave-of-absence from these forums. Consider this a final warning.
  10. cybercruiser

cybercruiser Well-Known Member

I assume all of us that bought the origional Droid back in November 2009 are up for our next discount in July. So, don't know if the build up for us who started with droid will be as exciting for what we all want to upgrade to??
  11. 0837s

0837s Well-Known Member

I'll be picking one of these up on launch, with a 1 year contract. Luckily Verizon still does 1 year contracts, hopefully they don't decide to discontinue the 1 year contract.
  12. jdmp10

jdmp10 Active Member

Im gonna call tonight to find out if they still do, I haven't heard any news saying otherwise though. I alway's do one year contracts and renew it 10 months into the contract to a new one year, you pay more upfront for the phone but at least you dont wait 22 months.

I am glad I waited though, the DX was my choice before this phone was announced, I knew the dual core phones would be announced at CES I just didn't know what to expect but I am very excited about the Bionic. I hope it will be out soon, I am hoping for March although it makes no difference since my one year contract will end in about two weeks but I have been eligible for an upgrade since end of November.
  13. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Seems a long way off and the device will seems old hat by then, based on the speed of technology changes. Better be April.
  14. jdmp10

jdmp10 Active Member

If phones keep coming out at the rate they have been as of late, I do hope even if worse case scenario this is out by June that it wont be considered old or outdated. The Tegra 2 architecture should hold up fairly well to anything released that might be considered marginally better for the rest of this year. I dont really foresee anything in the pipeline, that being at the very earliest the end of Q4 that can really rival the Tegra 2.
  15. htowngtr

htowngtr Well-Known Member

Agreed. I will be doing a 1-yr as well. It's worth the extra $70-$80 especially if they aren't doing NE2 anymore.
  16. jfoey22

If I recall for the Incredible it was only $50.00 more. $199.99 vs. $249.99, for that to me it is a no brainer. Especially if you pay for insurance. The insurance for that extra year will be nearly the $50.00.
  17. it was 70 more when i got my fascinate 269.99 vs 199.99 but it was well worth it now I am due for an upgrade in july which should be right around when some real super phones come out
  18. I doubt they would get rid of 1 year contracts I know alot of people would leave over this. I only do 1 year contracts so that would really be a bad move if verizon did that
  19. Raftysworld

Raftysworld Well-Known Member

Hi ckochinsky!
  20. Raptor007

Raptor007 Well-Known Member

With all of Verizon's recent changes to meet Job's rules on how to sell Apple products I cannot see anyone looking at a 2 year contract as a great deal when the difference is $70 out of pocket. I am still undecided on the Bionic vs ThunderBolt and I have compared them both pro and cons alike. Besides I tend to move more quickly from one phone to another selling the old to pay for the new.

To really benefit from the Tegra 2 Dual Core we need Gingerbread/Honeycomb and its going to launch with 2.2 (hopefully 2.2.1) so that means late summer for 2.3 or hopefully 2.4 which is updates to Gingerbread 2.3.

Still if the phone isn't coming out until April I cannot see any reason why they are not launching it with 2.3, they have months to get it done and given past Moto OTA updates and how well they went I would be suspect on this going any better.

Just food for thought.
  21. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

For the US Q2 is Jan - March. The beginning of the fiscal year is October.
  22. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

Ecept vzw didn't say FYQ2, they just said Q2 which means April-June.
  23. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Wow...second quarter? That blows...be sticking with my Fascinate for now, but I will be grabbing that Moto Atrix...lol...fo shoo on my at&t line as soon as it launches.
  24. droidfan1

droidfan1 Well-Known Member

The atrix?
  25. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

LOL...yes, Atrix...Who can keep up...Infuse, Bionic, Thunderbolt, Revolution, Atrix.....a whole lotta names being thrown around.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.