Official Bionic Release Date ThreadGeneral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Well-Known Member

But bluefire, the Bionic cares about yooooou! (Hopefully someone will get the reference)
  2. They have had that for like a week I think.
  3. s1ckGhost

s1ckGhost Well-Known Member

So I know I had stated before in a MDB228 thread that we should all just disregard his nonsense.. BUT.. I have been greatly aggravated by the fact that Bionic may be pushed back to late August or early September..

Lets just hope that the files stating that Verizon will be getting the devices on Aug 1 are real..

Anywho.. I was looking around and spotted this on the twitter account of the infamous MDB228

'MDB228
    I know you wonder why I do this. I do this to prepare you, to enlighten you, to save you. Salvation is upon us all in just mere weeks.
    25 Jul Favorite Retweet Reply'

Notice that it posted this on the 25th of July.. and the fact that its mentioning 'mere weeks' makes me think late Aug..due to the fact that no one person, specially an advanced computer like MDB228 would claim 'mere weeks' when Aug 4 is basically a week away.

Again this can all be based on nothing.. and just some kid having fun out of our irritation.. but if this MDB228 is legit.. then ....WTF MOTOROLA!?
  4. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

With all the hype, rumors and speculation going on I don't know what to believe. But one thing I'm certain of, this is someone having a good time messing with people. This is fake.
  5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Release date threads have been merged to this one (retitled to "official...") and made a sticky so it remains at the top of the thread list.

New threads on the subject will also be merged to this thread. Please post all release date info/speculation here so less merging will have to take place.
  6. rocket97

rocket97 Active Member

I've heard that when the moderator merges release date threads that we are within 3 years of the device finally coming out. It is almost here folks!!!!
  7. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

8. King_Bean

King_Bean Well-Known Member

For me, this is the one notable advantage iOS/iPhone has over Android. But man, iOS bores me to tears. I'm a very artistic/expressive person and half the fun of Android (for me) is being able to customize it in any way that I want. Granted, when my D1 was stock, it was just about as reliable as the iPhone. Maybe the key to having a 99% reliable Android is leaving it stock? I don't plan on rooting/ROM'ing my next Android device, so we'll see.

Of course, another advantage for iOS is that some of the apps are of higher quality but this is a non-issue for me because the apps that I happen to be interested in are just as good on Android as they are on iOS.
  9. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

I can wait.... I have until September before I can upgrade mt D1.... hope it lasts that long.
  10. Snivac

Snivac New Member

I dont have an exact date but a buddy that works for Verizon went to a workshop this morning and was able to play with the Bionic. 4.3" screen, and everything else seems to be on point with the rumors. He said he wasnt given a date but he said really really soon, he also said that he knows about new phone release dates a few days prior. He said I will be the first one to know when he finds out so I will update if someone hasnt beat me to it.
    thetingster likes this.
  11. tuggy24g

tuggy24g Well-Known Member

Great Snivac you now got a ton of people now waiting to hear from you. Just ask him to tell you and tell us. We do not know him or will ever know him. Just spill the beans unless this is another joke people are playing. GEEZ!!!
  12. Snivac

Snivac New Member

He also said it is very smooth, transition between apps and other things are quick and flawless. This is all I know to this point. He is quite the phone critic so he wouldnt sugar coat it, so him talking about it in such high regard means something. Lets hope for August 4th, I dont know how much longer my OG Droid can hang on.
  13. tuggy24g

tuggy24g Well-Known Member

Well ask him for a date on release if he knows. If he will not tell you, but knows slip him some cash and say how about now!
  14. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

I am so ready for this to come out. I have been struggling to keep my OG Droid alive... Power button doesnt work, laggy as hell, random re-boots, I am actually thinking of un-rooting it... Although I dont know if it would solve anything....

I cant wait any longer :(
  15. tehsusenoh

16. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

17. tehsusenoh

Hey Nancy, who so negative? ;)
  18. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

19. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

Rumor after rumor..... getting old quick.
    kcs7272 and aioka like this.
  20. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Confirmed 4G on the SGSII? Screw the Bionic.
  21. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

4g don't even matter to me,I just want one of the frigging things to come out already!
    kcs7272 and drdoom like this.
  22. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

It isn't even about the 4G to me either. Motorola screwed around on launching this phone so much that I don't even want it anymore. The SGSII having 4G means it is a direct competitor with the Bionic.
  23. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

So if Motorola released a defective phone, you wouldn't want it. And when they release a non-defective phone, you won't want it.
  24. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

When it has been pushed back into oblivion multiple times (this phone was shown at CES), that makes me think there is something significantly wrong with it. I have my mind made up that I will purchase it if it releases on August 4th. Otherwise, I will keep my Incredible and wait for something better.
  25. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

It was redesigned -- or more likely, a different design was brought forward to be released under the Bionic name -- so whatever was wrong with it presumably no longer is.

But I hear ya on the impatience, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Motorola lost their job over the long delay which is giving SGS2 a huge opening.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.