Official Bionic Release Date ThreadGeneral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

LOL, if I was still relying on my Eris, I probably would bite the bullet on the Bionic anyway. I came really close to buying the OG Droid, but purchased the Eris instead (there was one particular app I needed that simply did not work on the OG Droid (at the time), strangely-enough).

But my Droid X is still a beast, IMHO, and should allow me to be choosey ;).

I just want to make sure I pick a device that a lot of the devs will get behind.

Cheers!
  2. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Exactly. By the time any phone is released, there has already been an announcement of the subsequent model, so you always have an inkling of what you'll be waiting for. The sooner I update, the sooner I can update again.
  3. HotDawg

HotDawg Well-Known Member

I know, right?

NE2 is looking like an outdated idea! LOL

---

Y'know - if the DX2 hadn't come out so recently, I'd say they should have just called this the DX3.
  4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

The DX2 wont be that new when bionic finally releases around the holidays, :D

:p
    Frisco likes this.
  5. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

NightAngel79 likes this.
  6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Love to see people linking to phandroid articles:):)

<----- glares at hardstyle :p
  7. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Wow. So this confirms the Targa = new version of Bionic.

Also, what the heck is the Samsung Stratosphere? Is that the SGS2? Galaxy seems to be in the same type of "name" group as Stratosphere, doesn't it?

And supposedly the Stratosphere is a 4G phone running Gingerbread! Released the same day as Bionic (9/8/11)!!

And Yoda didn't tell us! :eek:

From the site:

• Samsung Stratosphere: Due September 8th, it's that mysterious 4G LTE handset we first learned about yesterday. Reportedly running Android 2.3.
    • Motorola DROID Bionic: Also due September 8th. Moto CEO Sanjay Jha previously said that the Bionic would be coming next month, and it looks like the 8th will finally be DB-Day.
    • BlackBerry Curve 9370: The third handset due on September 8th. This one's new to us, as we haven't heard anything about Verizon's plans for the next device in RIM's Curve line. What's surprising here isn't that Verizon will be getting the 9350, but that it could pack 4G connectivity.
    • Motorola XOOM: Also coming September 8th is the 4G LTE XOOM. The current XOOM's 4G upgrade process is also scheduled to kick off on the 8th, but could begin one week earlier.
    • HTC Bliss: Hitting on September 29th, this is that female-focused Android phone that's leaked a couple of times in the past. Said to be packing Android 2.3.
    • HTC Vigor: Coming October 5th. This is the device a lot of folks have been waiting for. Reportedly packing a 1280x720 display and 1.5GHz processor and, according to this doc, set to replace the ThunderBolt.

I think I AM going to wait. Bionic seems a bit "eh" now. I think Moto really took a major dump on its bottom line, waiting to release the Bionic a couple of weeks before the 1.5 GHZ higher-res-screen 4G phone by HTC (Vigor). [htc vigor]

Very interesting indeed!
    BlueBiker likes this.
  8. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

9. rocket97

rocket97 Active Member

I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up over a picture of a screen with a spreadsheet on it. Sure I like rumors too, but don't be surprised if this winds up to be fake just like the last 900 VZW release date leaks.
    bigbabys and jroc like this.
  10. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

I get your point. Sure it may just end up being a fake. I'm not saying it's official and set in stone, just food for thoughts. But if we only go by official announcements, there won't be much talk, discuss on this forum.
  11. bigbabys

bigbabys Well-Known Member

I agree. I am so over these "Release dates" :(

In an interesting side note. If the Stratosphere launches the same day as the Bionic. Doesn't that mean the Bionic is not the first dual core 4G phone? Unless the stratosphere is not the SGS2. Just some food for thought. Either Motorola is wrong again, or Samsung might have a weak showing till January...:eek:
  12. chanop

chanop Well-Known Member

@MDB228 has been put to bed:

[​IMG]

Next up! Yoda......:D
  13. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Well-Known Member

I was wrong, I apologize to Yoda I misremembered what he originally had posted.
  14. YodaDroid

YodaDroid Well-Known Member

Never said no other 4G phones this year.

I said no other dual core LTE before bionic. Tell me where I said otherwise.
  15. YodaDroid

Don't hate. Appreciate.
    murth likes this.
  16. Vehtemas

Yoda,

You know you can quote multiple times on a single reply right?
  17. Sandroidfan

Didn't you say no other dual core LTE within couple of months of Bionic launch? That's what I recall.
  18. YodaDroid

Sorry to disappoint. I just said that Bionic will be 1st dual core LTE at Verizon.

Plenty of great phones coming up. I wouldn't hold off on buying the Bionic in favor of the HTC device though. Just my early heads up.
  19. Sandroidfan

20. Vehtemas

21. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Good work, gang. Now Yoda, take off that mask. . . . Ruh' roh!

:eek:

[​IMG]
    rushmore likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.