1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Official Bionic Release Date ThreadGeneral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Go check Droid life again there is an article about Aug 4.

Advertisement
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea for me Aug is already pushing it. If it comes in Sept...I might as well just wait til next year.

If the D3 was LTE I might have jumped on that already. I might still get it if the BOGO deal is still there and the Bionic comes out in Aug.
  3. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

I am very happy with the D3, but am betting on the Bionic having less battery life and a hungry hungry hippo power eating LTE chip. If the Bionic has a more efficient chipset, I might lose my bet. Also betting that no 4g in the Lexington area until next year.

None the less, the D3 rocks. :)
  4. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

Someone sent me an email stating that the 2nd generation LTE radios would be coming out around the end of this year.

I'm not elegible for a discounted upgrade until March of 2012. Verizon is supposed to be turning on LTE here in Honolulu on Thursday, 7/21/11. May have to breakdown and get a Bionic just to hold me over until next March. However, hard to see my cheapo self spending $700 on a phone....
  5. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

If your talking Lexington ky then imagine how I feel in Manchester!
  6. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

All I imagine is: Go Cats! :eek::);)

Yep, there are a lot of more rural KY areas without 3G, let alone 4G.
  7. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

for what its' worth this was created last night. Not sure how legit it is. I know droid-life and P3 are following them i believe....and me too lol

Twitter
    YankeeDudeL likes this.
  8. ChiefIlliniwek5

ChiefIlliniwek5 Well-Known Member

Based on the fact that whoever is posting those messages is doing it every few hours, and that they sent some corny message to Motorola's tweet page, I'd say this is a fake.
    redraider1 likes this.
  9. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm calling this a fake.
    redraider1 likes this.
  10. Sleek2G

Sleek2G Well-Known Member

MDB228 says the Boinic will have a locked bootloader. :)
  11. tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh Well-Known Member

Why on Earth are you smiling?
  12. Sleek2G

Sleek2G Well-Known Member

Because now I can get that SGSII I been looking at for the past month(as soon as Verizon get it) :p.

Now if the bootloader on the Bionic comes like the Xoom, then I'll be back to the dark side. lol
  13. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Well-Known Member

Bionic is still the best for me. I can't keep on waiting or else I'll never buy anything. Come this Winter there will be a phone rumoured to be better than the Dinara and it will keep going.
    redraider1 likes this.
  14. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

15. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Nothing, it will already be out still doing well, getting dev support and it will be fine. Just because another phone comes out doesn't really mean a thing, it sucks but if you keep on waiting for the next best thing you will never get a phone.

The Bionic looks like a beast of a phone and should be great.
    redraider1 and droidfan1 like this.
  16. the dinara is for at&t check howard forums the testers who are using it stated that. Just saying.
  17. Agree probably the same person who made the story up about the bug. If it was through moto why would they tweet to moto saying what needs to be done?
  18. So you are sticking with a 3g phone? since all the testers and those in the know are saying the function(gs2) will not have lte.
  19. dirkbonn

Quote from UnWiredView article:

"As for carriers that will sell it, there is a chance that the Dinara will end up on multiple carriers, but right now it’s being tested on Verizon. There’s no information yet on whether Big Red’s version will come with 4G LTE support, but it probably should."
    jinwons likes this.
  20. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Those specs are ridiculous; I can't see a phone screen being over 5 inches. Slap a 1280x720 display in a 5 inch screen, and you have one hell of an expensive screen. Not to mention the camera, which will likely suffer heavy noise from cramming so many MP into a small sensor. Megapixel myth. This might as well print money based on the specs this rumor is giving it.
    johnlgalt likes this.
  21. dirkbonn

Just curious, but where did you get that it has a 5in screen?

Also, remember this is just rumored specs....
  22. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

I just went with the max screen I have seen on a phone (Dell Streak). Any larger, and it would be in the tablet category. I couldn't take this phone seriously if they tried to stuff a 720p display in anything less than 5 inches.

Edit: You ninjaed your post. Yeah I realize these are rumors, but I still enjoy taking a .50 cal machine gun to the hot air balloon this rumor is being held up in.
  23. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Creative and frustrated hopeful Bionic user? Likely. Beginnings of a viral marketing campaign? Possibly. Personally, I'm hoping the Bionic has become sentient.
    Vehtemas likes this.
  24. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I'll def be paying close attention to it's development. I'll still have another upgrade after the Bionic and another to come in December or January.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.