• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OFFICIAL CYANAGENMOD 7.2 Thread! (UPDATED 29/05)

What does it mean when it just keeps rebooting on the Android start up animation screen ???

Just loops, It's been doing this for minutes, I don't think it's a first boot thing, so will try to reboot and see if that works ???

Any ideas on why it's doing this, I followed the instructions to the letter ?

Cheers.

?PS Just rebooted and it seems to be still doing it, ideas ?

Upvote 0
I am new to this phone moding thing, I just flashed a new rom to my Ace and now will try again to install the CYANAGENMOD7.2, I think I just did not follow the intructions properly, will try again and hope it works, no reason it should not work now, Ace is fully rooted and all ready, just got to get up the nerve to do it again, If I fail I can always start again, as all i need to do is reflash the stock rom with odin amd re root and start again :)

Just waiting for the phone to fully charge before I try again, YAAAAAAAAAAA.

Thanks for listening :)

Upvote 0
Just tried again, everything installed fine, all done to the letter, but for some reason the screen just stays on the Android screen at boot up and go's no further, unless I have top wait a long time for the first boot, will leave it and see if that is the case, if not I guess I will have to try another mod as this one does not work on my Galaxy Ace :(

Cheers.

/PS I did a factory reset and it seems it worked and now I am running the MOD, not sure what that has done to the mod, is it fully installed if I do that after step 8, of installing the mod ???

Well first thing I tried aint working can't change the theme from the default, which I don't like :(

Oh well.

Upvote 0
The first boot takes some time, its normal. After flashing the rom give it another reboot to get things in order and working.
Yes step 8 is the final step.

You will have to install a new theme before you can apply it through the theme chooser. There are lots of CM7 themes available on the net.

You are using S5830 right? not any other mod of it like s5830i or m or somehing, cause this is for S5830 only, it might not work properly on other models.

Upvote 0
It's the right one, the themes are working now, maybe I never noticed as they only change color, the three ones installed.

I probably was expecting some font changes and stuff that never happened and I thought maybe it never changed, but it does, just not very much only the color :)

For some reason I had to do a step 9, and restore the phone, well not sure why, but it worked and as far as I know everything is working.

I will give this mod thing a rest for a while and keep a working phone for a bit, don't think there is a better mod anyway to try.

Cheers.

/PS Where do you place new themes at ???

Upvote 0
You just download the themes as ordinary app files and install them. Then they will appear in the theme chooser app and you can apply them anytime you want.

I will give this mod thing a rest for a while and keep a working phone for a bit, don't think there is a better mod anyway to try.
Oh no no no, this is only the basic default Cyanogenmod rom, you can do tonnes of modifications over it, add new ram scripts, change layouts, bootanimations,system apps, enhance music quality, overclock and many more. This is just a platform to build over.
Look over at xda, you'll get an idea what i am talking about :D

Upvote 0
I have installed official cm7.2(stable) ;) and i have some questions about it:
1.Like reviewed by many people there is a slight lag in the app drawer so is there any way to fix that?
2.cm 7.2 gives you many overclock options but does this rom actually have a overclock kernel?(I am confused because some websites tell you to flash an overclock kernel after installing this rom)
3.Can scripts like slaidyboost be used in this rom? If yes will they really improve performance? I flashed adrenaline engine and i didn't like it as it made the interface more laggy

Thanx in advance to whoever will answer my questions and yrs i will surely press the thanx button if you help me :)

Upvote 0
1.Like reviewed by many people there is a slight lag in the app drawer so is there any way to fix that?
2.cm 7.2 gives you many overclock options but does this rom actually have a overclock kernel?(I am confused because some websites tell you to flash an overclock kernel after installing this rom)
3.Can scripts like slaidyboost be used in this rom? If yes will they really improve performance? I flashed adrenaline engine and i didn't like it as it made the interface more laggy

Thanx in advance to whoever will answer my questions and yrs i will surely press the thanx button if you help me :)

my experience is all the anti lag type scripts do nothing but a pseudo affect. Some may actually break things by been overly agressive on app killer low mem settings as well. The kernel I reccomend is firekernel, it has a OC and non OC version. I also use the ram compression feature of CM and find it works well. Basically makes a ram based swap which is compressed giving you extra ram at the cost of cpu load but this to me is faster than it having to keep flushing things out of cache when ram runs out. Most of lag is nearly always i/o related. OVerall tho CM has little lag for me its way faster than stock.

Reactions: Kshitij.Agr
Upvote 0

1.The lag is mainly due to the shear number of apps running in the background consuming ram, you can use ram scripts which make sure that unnecessary apps are shut down or alotted the least amount of ram space and more free ram is available for use. They do work, you can use the task manager and see the effect yourself.
2.As chrcol said, the latest Firekernel is pretty good, i am using it on unofficial CM, it increases battery life and the OC is well too. Another way to remove lag is to set the minimum cpu frequency to 245mhz instead of default 122mhz, this works for most of the users.
3. Yes ram scripts like slaidyboost can be used with this rom, i can't say anything about the Adrenaline engine because i haven't been able to compare its effectiveness with a non-tweeked rom.

CM is much faster than stock and the shear number of features it presents simply makes up for a tiny lag even if there is any.

Reactions: Kshitij.Agr
Upvote 0
1.The lag is mainly due to the shear number of apps running in the background consuming ram, you can use ram scripts which make sure that unnecessary apps are shut down or alotted the least amount of ram space and more free ram is available for use. They do work, you can use the task manager and see the effect yourself.
2.As chrcol said, the latest Firekernel is pretty good, i am using it on unofficial CM, it increases battery life and the OC is well too. Another way to remove lag is to set the minimum cpu frequency to 245mhz instead of default 122mhz, this works for most of the users.
3. Yes ram scripts like slaidyboost can be used with this rom, i can't say anything about the Adrenaline engine because i haven't been able to compare its effectiveness with a non-tweeked rom.

CM is much faster than stock and the shear number of features it presents simply makes up for a tiny lag even if there is any.

are you sure that firekernel doesn't have any bugs or instability in official cm 7.2(stable)?
If yes please give me the link to download firekernel
also please tell me how to overclock my phone(in detail)

Upvote 0
Guys, I've just flashed (for the first time as an android user) the latest official nightly (august 5th) and it works great!

I have a question (in fact, I have millions of questions). Does anyone know where CM stores the log/dumps files ? On the stock roms they are located at data/log. But this folder doesn't exist on this rom.

Anyone have a clue ?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones