• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Desire HD Release Thread

I will update the mega post with this..Nice find

Nice.

They look totally legit to me.

Yep

well, someone posted up the picture first. how bout colrey? lol

Wait for the Photoshop edit with the username watermarked ;)

thanks for the pics looks lovely

so colrey didnt get it first after all

Was there any EVER doubt xD

cpw online now have orange deals for the pre orders aswell

HTC Desire HD Tariffs - The Carphone Warehouse

24 month deals...*shivers*

Will watch in a mo

That does look very very pretty.

I think my mind is made up.

:)

Awesome,lucky sod. The shipment for the UK can't be far off then. I think I could have mine by tue/wed,got a gut feeling

Since just about every site now is singing from the same him sheet of the 19th, I can honestly think thats the despatch date :)

Just got a call from CPW offering me a "deal". Said if I went with it i'd have the phone by Monday...

Think ill stick with my MPD order.. I'm a bit sceptical about going through CPW, they don't have the best reputation.

Since CPW has been in business, i've never actually bought a phone in store from them. Only dealings with CPW I have had really is mobiles.co.uk and they appear to be ok although its a ballache getting through to customer services.

interesting though they do state on their website the 19th so maybe they have got it

See my comment above.

Upvote 0
Anyone noticed the MPD no longer have O2 as a network for the DHD?

I really want to get it on O2, Orange signal is awful at my house and had bad experience of Vodamoan a few years back.

CPW might be my only option, though they have yet to show it with O2 after initial reports stated they would have it.
Unfortunately present funding is ruling out Sim free option for me.

Upvote 0
Anyone noticed the MPD no longer have O2 as a network for the DHD?

I really want to get it on O2, Orange signal is awful at my house and had bad experience of Vodamoan a few years back.

CPW might be my only option, though they have yet to show it with O2 after initial reports stated they would have it.
Unfortunately present funding is ruling out Sim free option for me.

Hi Diesyl,

No I hadn't to be quite honest..I know O2 wouldn't officially be stocking them due to "business reasons"..

If you really are desperate for O2

HERE

Filter it to O2..some deals there.

Whats T-Mobile's signal like around your area?...Considering you can hop between T-Mobile and Orange, maybe worth looking into?

Hope the above helps :)

Reactions: kungura
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies.

Not sure about T-Mobile, might try to get a free sim and try it. Though i would like to stay with O2, family etc use it and coverage is good here. And no problems like some peps have had.
I had considered GiffGaff and sim free, but a looming wedding has sucked up all my spare money...
If I go to a third party seller, would my service be O2 direct or with the 3rd party? ( like CPW used to be with O2, but i believe its now direct through them.)
I would like to just upgrade instead of new contract.

Cheers

Upvote 0
funny how o2 have disappeared off mpd-what happened to people who alreadyhad ordered it?

ot- 100 posts yay lol

I can only assume that there isn't any money to be on the 3rd parties side as there is no subsidiary money from O2.

To the 500 posts now ;)

Thanks for the replies.

Not sure about T-Mobile, might try to get a free sim and try it. Though i would like to stay with O2, family etc use it and coverage is good here. And no problems like some peps have had.
I had considered GiffGaff and sim free, but a looming wedding has sucked up all my spare money...
If I go to a third party seller, would my service be O2 direct or with the 3rd party? ( like CPW used to be with O2, but i believe its now direct through them.)
I would like to just upgrade instead of new contract.

Cheers

T-Mobile Coverage Checker

GiffGaff is O2 and so is Tesco who both appear to have good sim only deals :)

If you bought it off a 3rd party dealer (Example, MPD, CPW, Mobiles.co.uk, etc)..all your billing queries and stuff like that is with the network operator.

All a 3rd party is doing really is signing you up to network x on behalf of network x.

Faulty handset you would go to the place you got it from (IE MPD, CPW, etc) but all billing is the network operator.

Any further questions feel free to ask

Upvote 0
i'm just going to wait for my order through handtec...ordered,payed for, sim-free...even if it takes a bit longer...not worried....wont be to long now..it does look good though....lol

:cool:

HTC Desire HD in stock now! - Mad4 Mobile Phones
i dont believe them though

according to htc germany, the phone will be available in germany on 18th/in 2 days/on monday.

he refers to their partner expansys and says, that we can check the release date on their site, which makes me think that he only googled it up because he doesnt know the date himself.

I will add this into the news section of the mega thread along with a price refresh :)

EDIT:

Translated to english

Hi xxx,

Thank you for your message.

In regard to the question on the release date of the HTC HD Desire I can give them 18 October 2010 confirm. On the website of our distributor at Expansys Smartphone, PDA & Ultra-Mobile PC Store - eXpansys Germany, they can check.

If you want to send a reply or tell me that your question has been answered satisfactorily, log in using your e-mail address and your ticket number ..... at our website at ContactUs.

Sincerely,

Dominik

HTC

If you read what others say? If you make other HTC fans a question?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com / htc
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com / htc
Log on to our YouTube channel at youtube.com / htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones