[Official Discussion] Huawei Ascend 2.1 - 2.2 Firmware Upgrade (Info updated as received!)General

Last Updated:

1. CRUMBsnatcher

CRUMBsnatcher Well-Known Member

Stupid mayans. They couldn't have made the world last a few more years so we can get honeycomb?!

2. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

War of the Cell Phones!!!

3. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Well-Known Member

The real war of the cell phones will be even scarier. Read "Cell" by Stephen King. Zombies don't bite anymore, they make phone calls.....
  4. CRUMBsnatcher

Android will take over the world and destroy a certain 'fruity' company.
  5. Jazziette

My cell phone already owns me. My cats are jealous! :D
  6. Jazziette

"An apple a day Android makes go away!"

~ Jazziette

Victrolab and CRUMBsnatcher like this.
  7. BlastGT1

An Apple a day keeps hunger at bay.
  8. CRUMBsnatcher

An Apple a day makes the world go bankrupt.

9. Jazziette

An Apple a day makes the worms go away!
  10. BlastGT1

An Apple a day Steve Jobs' salary will pay.
  11. KOLIO

KOLIO Gruß vom Krampus Guide

Didn't all of this begin w/an apple in a place called EDEN?
  12. Jazziette

Yes! Adam gave the apple to Eve to eat first so he could make sure it was safe! :D
    KOLIO likes this.
  13. BlastGT1

That aint the way I read it, lady.....
    KOLIO likes this.
  14. CRUMBsnatcher

And god said 'Let there be ipods!'
  15. Mindbenda84

Mindbenda84 Well-Known Member

The update is technically outside of Cricket and Metro's hands Huawei is doing it. (Which is why they upgrade before the Kyocera droid, cause it's the brand not the carrier doing the upgrade) As for self-righting this, there is no way...technically. The Ascend has this cute little "**** you I quit" reset feature. Which is, when the power is off, press and hold, [Power ] [End], [Volume up], keys. Factory hard reset, you have to call metro to reactivate the phone or take it to cricket/Metro and pay a little for them to do it. but you save your phone. Rooted or not you'll get it back brand spanking new and have to redownload all of your aps and whatnot.

More on that here.

How to format or Hard Reset Huawei Ascend | CellphoneDaily.com
    Zak6169, PrettyNay and Jazziette like this.
  16. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

I love that book! Stephen king rules!
  17. BlastGT1

My wife has the vast majority of Stephen King's books, including hardcovers of books like Desperation.
  18. joser116

joser116 Guest

Cricket has just announced there will be no 2.2 for the Ascend. Check out my new thread about it.
  19. Jazziette

Joser, your post is simply not accurate! To set the record straight, Cricket DOES have a facebook page and this is what they have posted in answer to a question about the Ascend 2.2 upgrade:

Cricket Facebook Page

Cricket Wireless Hi Greg - We currently have a 2.2 update for Zio coming soon. Updates to devices such as Ascend from Huawei are at the discretion of the device manufacturer where one will be available and not the carrier. We'll keep you posted on any further developments.

This was posted 4 hours ago from the time and date of this post. So Ascend users...don't ditch your phones just yet.

20. Lennatron

Lennatron Well-Known Member

21. Jazziette

Thanks Lenny!!!

This is great news and what everyone has been expecting as we have always been told an upgrade for the Ascend was forthcoming.

I have a call in to Ning Chang with Huawei and am waiting to hear back from him now.

Lennatron and KOLIO like this.
  22. joetromundo

joetromundo Well-Known Member

I called another store and they told me the same thing regarding the 2.2 for February 21. Let's cross our fingers and wait for 10 more days!
    Jazziette likes this.
  23. Jazziette

Thanks very much for the update, Joe!!! :)
    joetromundo likes this.
  24. joetromundo

joetromundo Well-Known Member

You're welcome! As everyone I'm ready for Froyo since the day I both my phone !
  25. BlastGT1

Like I said in the other thread, I want to see an optimized 2.2 ROM, so my wait begins the day 2.2 releases.