• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official Discussion] Huawei Ascend 2.1 - 2.2 Firmware Upgrade (Info updated as received!)

hi this my first time here. so i just want to say that my friend works at metropcs cor,store and he said in cobbleweeks we have to go there and get update to 2.2

hello and welcome to the forum...and also metro said that befor Tapout came out...they are just giving peoples off the wall info so peoples want bother them for now...lol :)

Upvote 0
CM6 at 710 on my Ascend would cause lock ups and crashes... dropped it to 653 and it ran much better, and only had an occasional lockup, especially when exiting anything using internet... it would freeze up the home screen and ask if i wanted to "force close" the CW, but i would hit "wait" instead, and about 10 seconds later it would be fine... running at 600 cm6 kicks ass!!

Reactions: la sal
Upvote 0
CM6 at 710 on my Ascend would cause lock ups and crashes... dropped it to 653 and it ran much better, and only had an occasional lockup, especially when exiting anything using internet... it would freeze up the home screen and ask if i wanted to "force close" the CW, but i would hit "wait" instead, and about 10 seconds later it would be fine... running at 600 cm6 kicks ass!!

had mines set to 710 and no problems, but everyone ascend is different, some cause problems at 710 and some dont...

Upvote 0
So I got cm7 on my phone and its awesome!! :D
but I would like to if there is a way to get the apps that came with the phone when I bought the phone like the cricket account app point and those other apps

Which apps other than POYNT & CRICKET'S 'MY ACCOUNT' were you wanting to re-install?
POYNT can be d/l directly from the market.
As far as the CRICKET apps go,hopefully someone here can provide the apks. for what you're wanting.

Upvote 0
I too have had the random restart, and a "boot loop" or 2

Well to avoid the random restart, install setcpu and set the max to 600 and work your way up, make sure you check the set on boot box. I'm running at 652 right now with no problems.

The boot loop problem, well nothing to help that. Setcpu doesn't take over until it's booted up.

Reactions: lriv
Upvote 0
Well just the MyAccount and MyBackup(found the poynt app) so yea I wud really appreciate it if someone found the apks :)

1) FYI,the 'MY ACCOUNT' app on my phone has been useless since CRICKET updated their billing system approx. 2wks. ago.All account info is listed as 'null'.Don't know if this would be the case on your phone once you get the app back.Would like to hear from other CRICKET users & their MY ACCOUNT app status.
FYI,PART DEUX: The 'MY ACCOUNT' app,in my entire time w/CRICKET {3YRS+} has been riddled w/misinformation,on all 3 phones that I've had w/them.It keeps defaulting to another account holder in Englewood,CO.,showing erroneous balance information & also the weather report for said city { I'm 1,000 miles away from Englewood,CO. BTW}

2) As far as the MY BACK-UP,you can use GOOGLE to do the very same back-up.Unless,you just have a preference to use the MY BACK-UP app from CRICKET.Again,if that's the case,I do believe the apps/apks are available here somewhere,just can't remember where exactly. Hopefully,someone'll chime in soon to help you out.

Upvote 0
Normally we don't allow any apk posting or pointing for private stuff - Cricket stuff is copyrighted after all - but I've spoken with another mod (also a dev) on a case similar to this, and the consensus is that this sort of limited apk sharing should be ok.

We're thinking that rather than copyright infringement, a limited case like this may be copyright material restoration.

Restrict it your All Things Root subforum, no further talk of it here, and say inside your post, "per EarlyMon's ok" to avoid any confusion.

It's thin ice, so PM me if there are any questions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones