[Official Discussion] Huawei Ascend 2.1 - 2.2 Firmware Upgrade (Info updated as received!)General

1. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! and we all are ahead of metro and cricket, they will N V us all. :D
  2. Hottoddy

Hottoddy Active Member

checked that still says 3.0.0.5 :(
  3. nuttmeg

i made something for you 3.0.2.8, just put your phone in bootloader by pressing vol down, end key, and power and you know the rest...:D

CWM Recovery 3.0.2.8.rar
    Itsfatmatt and Hottoddy like this.
  4. Tony12

Tony12 Member

can i do this on a phone that is under insurance? as i bought it from cricket and put insurance on it?. will they now i did this? could i get a whey with it. answers please i'm sick of stock crap.
  5. mdside71

mdside71 Well-Known Member

Yes you can, if you root it..for a stock ascend i heavily recommend Z4Root..
    Then just follow the guides under the everything root section. If you don't like CM6/CM7 or any other mods, there is also a guide on how to flash your phone back to stock.

Just make sure you get the Cricket Download for your phone and not the Metro one.
  6. moogie522

moogie522 Well-Known Member

Where can I get that update 05042011?
  7. Lennatron

Lennatron Well-Known Member

Do you mean 05052011 the latest build? If you do then go here:

CM7-Ascend - Prepaid Android

If you want the previous build then I don't know where you can get that.
    moogie522 likes this.
  8. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

The Huawei Ascend M860 Uses A Qualcomm MSM7625 System-On-Chip

I was just given this by Isaacj87. I believe it finally puts to rest what is inside our phones. There is so much speculation that it was really impossible to know unless someone took it apart. Well someone did...That site is the results. ^.^
    Anduiril and EarlyMon like this.
  9. Hottoddy

Hottoddy Active Member

worked like a charm nuttmeg...thank you..:D
  10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Learn something new every day! Great post, s-rain!
  11. mdside71

mdside71 Well-Known Member

Having messed with CM7 and CM6 for a while now, and obviously putting on my paid version of TIBU, i am finding both to be going through my battery really fast. Using my nice little program of Android assistant i turned off a lot of the start up and process stuff that i just simply will not use, however market and a few other apps are constantly running, and the only way i can get them to stop is by either turning off data which i dont want to do, or by freezing them which i don't want to do. It would be nice if there were actually no apps running in the background killing my battery while on standby, except for the ones i choose. But i guess its a small price to pay to be miles beyond what crappy metro will ever release to us.
  12. mamadean

mamadean Member

ok i really want to dl cm6 have heard great things about it, but i am not completly confident on doing it by myself ( tried to dl cwm and failed) i really dont want to mess up so if someone would be willing to help walk me thru it i would be very great full, i am really not a read and learn kinda person.
    please please. 'ty
  13. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

Download Rom Manager from the market n install CWM from it.
  14. newbytodroid

newbytodroid Well-Known Member

Sorry different topic but Playful could you share with me how you oc'd to 748 please. Thank you in advance!!

Edit: Nevermind read it in all things root
  15. MoneyHoarder87

MoneyHoarder87 Well-Known Member

It's the new build 05092011. You can overclock to 729 and 748.
  16. newbytodroid

newbytodroid Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info but AI spoke to soon, read it in all things root... I am currently waiting for my phone to boot just did the flash.... But thank you
  17. LordGyphon

LordGyphon New Member

18. agardner58

agardner58 Member

19. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

yup Eclair is 2.1
  20. Treydude

Treydude Well-Known Member

So have we pretty much given up on ever getting 2.2? I have not heard anymore rumors on impending release dates.
  21. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Long time no see,TREYDUDE!Assumed you might have said F*** it & upgraded to another phone.

METRO PCS actually has a 'TAPOUT®' edition of the ASCEND w/2.2 out of the box.
    There are 2 working versions of 2.2 available,along w/a 2.3 GINGERBREAD version available here.See the sub-forum 'ASCEND-ALL THINGS ROOT'. ALL 3 ROMS are virtually,if not totally,100% functional.It's worth taking a look at.
    Good to have you drop back in,TREYDUDE!
    kelemvor4 likes this.
  22. Treydude

Treydude Well-Known Member

Heyas Kolio! Yea I have been lurking, hoping to get news of an official update other than the Tapout phone. I guess I will check out the versions you mentioned. I was just hoping we would get the official one soon.

Do these versions have working MMS? Seemed like that used to be the only issue I remember reading about.
  23. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

I just downloaded CM7 & it ROCKS! I believe MMS works,haven't tried it yet.I must say what I've seen so far is 10X better than stock.
    Believe me,its worth trying out.
  24. Wolf3235

Wolf3235 Member

is anyone else having trouble installing the 05092011 build of cm7 ascend? i've installed practically every single other update he has put out and they've all worked flawlessly, but this one just hangs at the black huawei screen and does nothing. really odd, i even updated my clockworkmod from the 2.5.1.8 i had it at to the most recent one for the ascend 3.0.2.8... anyone know what the problem may be?
  25. nuttmeg

did you wipe first....ok that didnt sound right~~~did you wipe everything before flashing the new build?