• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official Discussion] Huawei Ascend 2.1 - 2.2 Firmware Upgrade (Info updated as received!)

I'm new to this and have been hearing alot of different dates for metros ascend. Is there an official date yet. And also. How will this update affectt the phone?

Hello and welcome to the Forum. If you want to know what's going on the best way to find out is to read the first post and then a few of the latest posts. :)

Reactions: Shineymommah
Upvote 0
Hello. I just got my phone and joined this great forum this week. I'm really hoping I get woke up to a text saying "Go here for your update" (I'm a light sleeper anyway). I can't wait to get SU (aka root) access but have been holding off in case the upgrade DOES come tomorrow. Either way I'm doing it when I wake up. It's my day off and mostly dedicated to starting to get the most out of this phone. Thank you to everyone who has already added to my knowledge (I've spent as much time as I could reading the various threads here)!

Upvote 0
Hello. I just got my phone and joined this great forum this week. I'm really hoping I get woke up to a text saying "Go here for your update" (I'm a light sleeper anyway). I can't wait to get SU (aka root) access but have been holding off in case the upgrade DOES come tomorrow. Either way I'm doing it when I wake up. It's my day off and mostly dedicated to starting to get the most out of this phone. Thank you to everyone who has already added to my knowledge (I've spent as much time as I could reading the various threads here)!

Welcome to the forum Anduiril and I am new here also, they are great and very knowledgeable here, would have been lost without them

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
Does this mean I'll be able to play Angry Birds on my Ascend when this update comes out Monday? Not that I don't like Panda's VS Ninja's, but I'd like to be able to play both.

angry birds has always worked on ascend, you just need to know how to make it, open angry birds app, wait a few seconds for screen to change, hit the power button to go into standby, when screens cuts off, wait then hit power again and unlock phone, this give angry birds priority for some reason and it works great, should start right up, it didnt work on my first try so if it doesnt for you try again, theres a little timing involved, if you dont believe me search the trick does work, ive played angry birds on my cricket 2.1 ascend so I know it works

Upvote 0
angry birds has always worked on ascend, you just need to know how to make it, open angry birds app, wait a few seconds for screen to change, hit the power button to go into standby, when screens cuts off, wait then hit power again and unlock phone, this give angry birds priority for some reason and it works great, should start right up, it didnt work on my first try so if it doesnt for you try again, theres a little timing involved, if you dont believe me search the trick does work, ive played angry birds on my cricket 2.1 ascend so I know it works

I'm running a 2.2 rom that was posted on myascend and angry birds loads right up on it no problems. Hopefully when the official rom comes it will work the same way and not require work arounds to get it to work.

Upvote 0
so is there any version of angry birds I can/will be able to play on this phone?

And what are the benefits of rooting the ascend and how difficult is it to do?

I'm running a 2.2 rom that was posted on myascend and angry birds loads right up on it no problems. Hopefully when the official rom comes it will work the same way and not require work arounds to get it to work.

Hey Guys! This is a thread devoted to the 2.2 Froyo upgrade for the Huawei Ascend. Here is the link to the Angry Birds discussion topic here:

http://androidforums.com/huawei-ascend/266166-angry-bird-huawei-ascend.html

:)

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Nothing can be confirmed until it is actually out there to be obtained. There have been rumors flying around about Froyo on the Ascend for at least 3 months now, so unless you see it, don't believe it. Any other question is moot until the day an update is officially in our midst.
i went to the merto store where i got my phone
and ask about 2.2 update
she's the mgr of the store and havent heard anything about update

Upvote 0
That's exactly what I mean. All kinds of stories from all kinds of places, including whoever it was that posted here swearing up and down that he saw a MetroPCS manager's company email saying Froyo would be released about now. I believe in having faith, but for things like this, I would rather see it first. Otherwise I'm getting my hopes up for nothing.

Reactions: z_newb
Upvote 0
I think I saw on another thread where he posted that he felt he had been deceived. Anyway...it was just another rumour.

He claimed HE had been deceived? He said he saw an inter-office email and was told by at least 2 or 3 different stores over the phone. He was the only one doing any deceiving.
I was really glad to see the post yesterday from you Jazziette. There are a few of you on here who's posts are actually informational and never ego driven. For somebody fairly new to this, like myself, That is extremely nice to see.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
I agree completely. They should just make Jazziette a forum moderator.

Awwwwww Blast! I'm blushing and the Mods are rolling on the floor laffing! hahaha

Thanks my friend! :)

I've been doing a lot of reading concerning this topic and I've seen numerous people say that they were told that we would receive the update on March 16. Just thought I should share this with you all ;)

It would be so nice if you guys would post LINKS to your SOURCES!!!

LOL

We tend to grasp at straws around here. ;)

But regardless of heresay....nothing is confirmed until it's confirmed. And that means when the fat lady (huawei) sings!

:D

Upvote 0
Still no official word on the Ascend 2.2 upgrade but I did see on the Cricket Wireless Facebook page this mornnig that it is official that the Kyocera Zio will definitely be getting the 2.2 upgrade this coming week. The users there are about to lynch the poor guy who posts for Cricket there. LOL

When Ascend users there ask about the 2.2 upgrade they still get the standard answer that Cricket doesn't have any info at this time. So there ya have it! ;)

Reactions: ventovic
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones