• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Droid Eris 2.1 OS coming very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone post a link to a way to install this on the eris

im still operating 1.5 and i have no idea how to install this badboy

use your charging cable and connect your eris to your computer, then (depending on PC/Mac) get to the mem card on your device (either by going into my computer or clicking the disk image on mac. Then move the rom to the mem card by dragging it to the location that first comes up when you access the card. remove your phone from your computer and power off. hold volume down and power to turn phone on. follow on screen instructions.

*EDIT* I can confirm this built supports the official market apps (like the paid version of advanced task killer) that were available for 1.5 but not the previous 2.1 build

Reactions: zerovertex
Upvote 0
Get more HTC widgets does not work. Neither does any app that need internet access (i.e- Bank of America mobile banking) As for the market. I can't tell. I never had a problem finding an APP from the earlier leak. If you let me know which ones you are looking for that didn't show up earlier, I will look if you want.

Upvote 0
Get more HTC widgets does not work. Neither does any app that need internet access (i.e- Bank of America mobile banking) As for the market. I can't tell. I never had a problem finding an APP from the earlier leak. If you let me know which ones you are looking for that didn't show up earlier, I will look if you want.

I think I remember Weatherbug Elite being one that was not found in the market. What do you mean by apps that need internet access don't work. As in you can't get any data? i.e. if I have weatherbug installed, it won't give me any weather?

Upvote 0
just popped back on real quick..

chompsms is in market.

i dont know what the problem is that jayse is having, get more widgets works for me, as well as apps that require internet. reboot your phone maybe?
My phone has been rebooted many times. It's not EVERY app that needs internet access. Just the same ones from the earlier leak that were having problems.

Upvote 0

This is a deal-killer for me... something so basic should work. It would drive me insane.

I'll putter around with my 1.5 for a bit longer. :p

Upvote 0
My phone has been rebooted many times. It's not EVERY app that needs internet access. Just the same ones from the earlier leak that were having problems.

oh ok, just confirmed . i downloaded it to see, i see what your saying though, thats strange wonder why its doing that.

i did this new os because the gmail thing annoyed the hell out of me to keep signing it, thats fixed for me, phone feels quicker to me, i guess there are still some bugs but, to me personally, i think its eliminated some bugs, but still having others i suppose. im having a better experience with it, i hope everyone else does too. sorry in advanced to everyone if it isnt perfect, again this was handed down to me, i just hope it helps some people.

Reactions: cmvermont
Upvote 0
just checked ,not working on mine either, which is realllllllly strange considering it was working for me today. very, very weird...

Maybe the servers are just sleeping? ok JUST KIDDING but that is weird... I'll trust ya on that one

One new thing I noticed is that multiple downloads group together while downloading... so theres not a huge mess of icons in the action tray... pretty nice :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones