1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Official - Droid RAZR product reviews - consolidated thread of magazine/blog reviewsGeneral

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Well-Known Member

I must comment on the Verge review. Nilay lost all credibility when he said, and I quote:

"Compared to Motorola’s excellent qHD LCD displays in devices like the Bionic"

Come on now LOL!! I mean really? hahahaha

Verge borders on ridiculous now.
    milkshed27 likes this.
  2. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Rush you did say at the get go...

Batt and camera will be ehhh, what did you expect...Lmaooo

What are you doing? U gonna grab it and put it though it's paces or what?
  3. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Ok Cereal you love the Razr...we get it! hahahaha! I happen to think you know what your talking about after spending 45 minutes with the phone...

In all seriousness ...was the screen bright and vibrant to you? The unit I saw wasn't on...
  4. thewza

thewza Member

5. cereal killer

cereal killer Well-Known Member

6. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

7. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

How can you even remotely take the verge seriously? They say the Razr screen sucks then turn around and say how great the Bionic screen is and we all know that the Bionic screen is terrible.
  8. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I just let out a pretty big laugh...

Amazing...I really need to start my own review site, how on earth some of these sites are taken seriously is beyond me.
    FragDroidX likes this.
  9. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

I look forward to it. The fact that you have the devices more than 24 hours like the verge will ensure accurate real life reviews.
  10. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I'm seriously considering it ; )
  11. thewza

thewza Member

the engadget guy even says " not sure of the difference between qhd and super amoled" i think they even edited that part out. how about researching? the specs on the phone cam out a month ago. bottom line is we dont live in a world of true journalists anymore. just bloggers looking for hits. a phone review is the 14 days you have to return your phone. thats when you get real world answers to important questions. and again, how do you make comparisons to the bionic without discussing the headphone jack?!!!!!!!!
  12. ne0lyfeism

ne0lyfeism Well-Known Member

Ok, unless the phone I was messing around with in the store yesterday was one of a kind, the RAZR screen looked absolutely GORGEOUS. Bright and vibrant with colors that pop - I was shocked at how nice the screen was!

So I dunno about all the "negatives" for the screen in the round up of reviews.
  13. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Hence Cartman voice, since he latches on to the one small thing that supports his unique perspective.
    Martimus likes this.
  14. thewza

thewza Member

15. rushmore

The 4S battery being impressive does void them of any cred.
    jroc likes this.
  16. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

Hopefully we won't see many people mention the 3G/4G flip-flopping issue prevalent on the Bionic. I saw it mentioned in one review so far and don't want to see it become a trend. Instead of being between a rock and a hard place, I'm stuck between any issues that show up on the RAZR and growing old waiting for the Galaxy Nexus. If only the Rezound were to have stellar battery life (I can't even type that with a straight face), I'd take it over both phones.
  17. TheSuper

TheSuper Well-Known Member

18. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

I'm also watching out for 3G/4G hand off or data drop issue as well as battery performance. Those are most troublesome parts on most LTE phones this year.

But I don't expect Rezound to be good on battery. It would be the worst actually, IMO. Combination of Sense + 1620mAh + 1.5ghz S3 snapdragon + (qualcomm LTE like Tbolt ?) just doesn't bode well for good battery life.
  19. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

Yeah, HTC shot themselves in the foot with that one. Even if they'd included an 1800mAh battery, it wouldn't have fared well. At least Motorola is trying with their battery-saving apps, though I'm not liking how the battery life reviews are coming so far. I'll be keeping an eye out for updated reviews, particularly from users who have tried to condition the battery first.
  20. chillgreg

chillgreg Member

Well said. The problem with such reviewers, is that their right hand is bigger than their left...
  21. Sandroidfan

I haven't read through all those early reviews yet. So what do they feel on Razr battery? Similar or worse than Bionic?
  22. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

The majority of the reviewers seem to indicate that the battery life could be better, but I don't think many people did a significant amount of battery-specific tests or had the phone for multiple days to really tell. Some add that the phone heats up a lot, but i question that considering CK played with one for 45 minutes running it through its paces and didn't really experience that much.
  23. Sandroidfan

We probably need to wait week at least for them to properly test battery life. But early indications seem not bad.

The heat coming through screen is probably the screen heat plus the processor, radio heat as the kevlar back surface is good heat insulator. So it's only dissipated toward screen and sides.
    milkshed27 likes this.
  24. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Only reviews I pay more attention to than most is Phone Arena and Anandtech. Anandtech especially, especially for battery life. So patiently awaiting Anandtech's review.

lol@ The Verge and iPhone 4S battery life...wow...lol And so many ppl put alot of stock in those folks that left Engadget and started their own site. Nilay does do some good break downs of the patent lawsuits tho, even if I dont agree with his opinion at times.
  25. rushmore

So if watching the movie Volcano, it would be sensavision ;) I do recall saying that with a 1.2ghz 4430, LTE and thin design the Kevlar could be meant as an oven mitt. Might not have been a joke afterall.