.:Official Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thread:.

1. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I found the same with Fallout, whilst the missions themselves were ok, there was far too much aimless meandering.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  2. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

I don't think I even made it to any of those side quests... Maybe I suck too, but I felt every battle was how well I could backpedal while aiming, or Boone taking shit out before I even saw it. :(
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

This x10000. I barely made it 'above ground'
    Hated all the walking, especially when my inventory got too full and it started g o i n g r e a l s l o w :)
    Well i suck right with you. Just couldn't bring myself to play it anymore. Think I got to some town and messed around for a bit, then never turned it on again.
  4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

You guys missed some of the most fun parts of the game. 10 Penny tower.... oh man awesomesauce.

"Charmed I'm sure"
  5. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Lol, we're in the same boat. I got out of that underground chamber and turned the game off. It lost all it's allure once I escaped.
  6. alostpacket

That's like 1% of the game, it's just the intro haha :)
  7. NightAngel79

Yea, the classic, "if you only give it a chance"?

You're not fooling me!!:p
  8. alostpacket

I'm serious lol that was like the lamest section of the game except for the ending.... there's like 40-60 hours of fun inbetween those two crappy parts :)
  9. NightAngel79

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME LIKE IT ALP!!
    :p:p
  10. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I really liked Fallout 3, although perhaps not as much as Oblivion. I never really got into New Vegas though.

Now Skyrim on the other hand...

Skyrim - YouTube
    alostpacket, Bomfy and NightAngel79 like this.
  11. NightAngel79

^lmao!!!!
  12. alostpacket

hahaha

But I'm making progress! Tell me you picked up dogmeat at least. And checked out tenpenny tower & megaton

hahaha, loved the t-shirt
  13. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

I wasted many hours on Oblivion, but never beat the game because of the leveling system. Is Skyrim going to have the same style of leveling where the baddies and quests level with the player, or will it take the traditional approach? The game looks beautiful, but i may skip it if it takes the Oblivion route; or wait until its on ebay.
  14. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

It's safe to assume the same approach. That was the best part of the fighting aspect, that the monsters leveled up with you.
  15. NightAngel79

what about it didnt you like exactly?
  16. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

[​IMG]
    alostpacket and Xyro like this.
  17. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

To be clear, I thought the game was amazing. I really did drop quite a few hours into it. What I couldn't wrap my head around was the leveling system. I had never played a game that employed that strategy, so being my novice self I leveled the heck out of my character without any real thought to how I should grow my character. When I came back to work the story, my skill level wasn't able to match that of the quests and I was doomed to screwing around doing side stuff.

I did manage to complete the master thief quest line, which was awesome, and became the Grey Fox(I think that was the name).

I think in the end, I know I could have simply restarted the game and done everything correctly, but it just burnt me knowing how many hours I sunk into it only to have to start over because of my ignorance.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  18. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Ah yeah, I remember the way you could level up by training non-combat skills, which meant your enemies got more powerful whilst you didn't.

I also remember the way you could max out combat skills without sleeping and levelling up, making you massively overpowered.
  19. alostpacket

Yeah there was something very wrong about the leveling system that had people run-jumping to try and level minor skills before a major skill leveled....or weird stuff like that.

They say they have fixed that for Skyrim though
  20. NightAngel79

You would think they tweaked it some.. hopefully
  21. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

this game cant come soon enough. all im hoping is that theres even more side quests than in oblivion.

Oh and imma join the fallout 3 sucks group. made it to some town with like a nuke in the center and just couldnt get myself to play much furthur, just getting to that point was torture. there was almost 0 skill needed to play that game.
  22. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

The game may not have sucked for you if you had detonated the nuke.
  23. NightAngel79

thats the same town i got to and said meh...
    Thought about it.... what happens?
  24. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

NightAngel79 likes this.
  25. alostpacket

You also
    [Hide]
    get a sweet room to store your stuff and live in at ten penny tower
    [/spoiler]

Also some awesomely fun and funny quests at ten penny tower.
    NightAngel79 likes this.