• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.:Official Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Thread:.

I'm having a problem with this game now, taking a shot at it and see if anyone can help me here.

When playing the game, if I move the mouse cursor to the left, like way to the left, my desktop mouse cursor will appear, this will reject mouse clicks from in game, so for example, I wont' be able to to an attack because the system thinks I'm in desktop mode. It's only with this game.

I disabled my 2nd monitor.

I have a mouse cursor locked to this monitor.

My settings for my system, and the game are the same (Resolution wise).

I don't know what else to do, It's making the game unplayable now.

Upvote 0
Sorry to necro this thread, but I have a legitimate reason. I'm sure the majority has heard by now about the debacle with Valve/Bethesda and paid mods. This is a sad day for anyone who calls themself a gamer. :(

You know I was wondering if this would get brought up here. We will see what happens, the AMA-ish thing Gabe did today didn't go so well and the overall score of Skyrim is dropping like a rock (98% this morning down to 91% now).

Something will probably be done because right now it is very negative.

Reactions: Revenant Ghost
Upvote 0
You know I was wondering if this would get brought up here. We will see what happens, the AMA-ish thing Gabe did today didn't go so well and the overall score of Skyrim is dropping like a rock (98% this morning down to 91% now).

Something will probably be done because right now it is very negative.
Valve/Bethesda need to work on damage control ASAP in order to further prevent this from getting any more out of hand. I've lost a lot of respect for them because of greedy, deceptive business practices such as this.

It not only hurts the modding community, but it also duped some well-known modders that wanted compensation. And they ended up being stuck with a raw deal. You should check out the refund policy on paid mods for laughs.

Now there's nothing wrong with the modders wanting to be paid for their work. It's the channels they are going through that's causing the uproar (Valve/Bethesda).

Upvote 0
I do agree in principle that modders deserve to be paid for their work, but valve really have their hands full if they want to get a fair system in place. There are so many issues with copyright, modder collaboration and revenue shares that it's hard to imagine that a workable system could exist. I could see a donation/tip-jar system working though.

Upvote 0
I do agree in principle that modders deserve to be paid for their work, but valve really have their hands full if they want to get a fair system in place. There are so many issues with copyright, modder collaboration and revenue shares that it's hard to imagine that a workable system could exist. I could see a donation/tip-jar system working though.
No, that would make too much sense for Valve/Bethesda. Until they change their stance on the matter, I will not purchase or support any more of their products. I'm sure many others feel this way as well. And perhaps they will finally begin to listen to their dwindling fanbase.

Upvote 0
For Skyrim, probably. Their comments make it sound like they want to re-launch it with future games though. Hopefully they'll have thought it through a bit more next time.
Agreed. Valve/Bethesda better take the recent events as a learning experience and come up with better terms that would benefit everyone as a whole, if they want to pursue this in the future. Otherwise, there will be further chaos.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones