• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official ESPN Radio App

turbosol16

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2010
East Coast, USA
I noticed that the Official ESPN Radio App has been released.

ESPN Radio (Official ESPN App) | AndroidApplications.com

chart

What I find baffling is that the creator blocked all rooted phones from using the app. I have a N1 and have been listening to ESPN Radio using the flash enabled site but would prefer a app because with flash you can't shut the screen off. Anyone try the app yet?

wow, since ESPN is so close to Apple I really never thought this would come out for android. Checking now.

Well, maybe I'll wait until all the leBron crap dies down.

NM, not going to pay for it, what a load of crap. $5? and you proably still have to listen to ads?

Of course it has ads, it is just a feed of ESPN radio stations. I will continue to use the flash site till they fix the not usable on rooted phones. I am not rooted but I find that to be a bunch of BS which Android users shouldn't stand for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones