• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey community. It was nice having some back up in here. Hopefully that makes you all sit a little bit easier with what i have to say.

The 13th looks pretty solid. The 6th is still possible but the 13th would give everyone the time they need to be best aquainted with the device. Best buy will prorder in April and release the device on the 6th either way

$250 is what the price seems to be if not $199. No higher tho

Accessories like MAD!. There is going to be crazy accessorires and i have been told that large production companies have already been given a device so they can tailor made some products so they are ready for launch.

Keep you posted, as always,

Jackson

Upvote 0
I have a feeling we won't see it go through the fcc, companies do have the right to have the proceedings hidden for a period of time, and with how hush hush this release has been, I wouldn't be surprised if sprint did it this way.

I agree w/you b/c I think Apple does the same thing with the iphone and the day its gets released is the day the FCC gives it the green light and passes it! I could be wrong but I think more or less im not!!

Only 4days 3hours and 43minutes until April 16,2010... Shit, I've got this thing locked down to a science ;)

Upvote 0
I agree w/you b/c I think Apple does the same thing with the iphone and the day its gets released is the day the FCC gives it the green light and passes it! I could be wrong but I think more or less im not!!

Only 4days 3hours and 43minutes until April 16,2010... Shit, I've got this thing locked down to a science ;)

3 days, not 4. :) I doubt they're starting the marketing campaign right at midnight tho.

Upvote 0
Hey community. It was nice having some back up in here. Hopefully that makes you all sit a little bit easier with what i have to say.

The 13th looks pretty solid. The 6th is still possible but the 13th would give everyone the time they need to be best aquainted with the device. Best buy will prorder in April and release the device on the 6th either way

Accessories like MAD!. There is going to be crazy accessorires and i have been told that large production companies have already been given a device so they can tailor made some products so they are ready for launch.

Jackson

Thanks, Jackson. That's just fine with me. Hmmm, Best Buy on the 6th? Maybe corporate purchases (gov and big corps) 1 week before, in late May? :D

Upvote 0
thanks for the warm welcome and responses guys. as far as my question about buying the evo at best buy, are new sprint customers allowed to preorder also? how does the preordering works if you don't yet have a sprint plan and are transfering your phone number from tmobile? I'm just really worried that there won't be enough evos and that I might have to wait even longer.

three members of my family are doing the switch, so we'll need four evos ha ha.

thanks

Upvote 0
thanks for the warm welcome and responses guys. as far as my question about buying the evo at best buy, are new sprint customers allowed to preorder also? how does the preordering works if you don't yet have a sprint plan and are transfering your phone number from tmobile? I'm just really worried that there won't be enough evos and that I might have to wait even longer.

thanks

I think the pre-order is for anybody that wants to purchase from Best Buy, whether it's new customers or upgrades.

I never pre-ordered before, so I don't know how porting numbers from a different carrier goes. I can't imagine it to be very difficult for them because the reps at Best Buy have access to account information with the providers they carry, which I believe they have all of them.

There'll be enough inventory no matter where you purchase based on what I remember Jackson saying before.

Upvote 0

Jackson

Hey ma man, good to see you make a presence.....I'm sure everyone's glad to see your appearance and some info...It's like this room has gone into a frenzy and your info is the drug that calms them down b/c they take your words with a whole bottle of salt not just a grain LOL...

hope everything's good on your end and Im sure your glad school yrs almost out...no more tests,studying group meetings and the likes for a few months ;) then you'll have the EVO summer will be here and all things will be great lol... But I do think what you've said sounds reasonable, makes sense! Guess will just have to see what April 16th holds for us and if indeed Sprint releases anything worth while that'll hold us up until the actual release!!

On another note.....earlier on someone said that Sprint would give people porting over there # and new service over to Sprint would get a $25-$50 sign up bonus...indeed it was true but they were only doing that in March and it was for $100 which would've be amazing!! I called Sprint and spoke to a customer service rep... wish it wasn't only a limited time thing and that they bring it back b/c that kind of saving especially from me switch from AT&T to Sprint would be very beneficial to say the least!!!

Upvote 0
Along with our new insider saying talking about other devices i have a little paragraph for you. I know he cant say but i can! hahaha

There are a ton of devices coming Sprint's way. The Evo kind of opens the flood gates so to speak. By the end of the year there will be a toal of 10 WiMAX devices! isn't taht crazy! Don't be fooled though, the Supersonic will be the flagship of Sprint AND HTC for atleast another 6-8 months. This summer there will be the LG LS680, that device we thought we would see at CES. However in a late decison, they decided to make it WiMAX. It'll have a 3.7" screen android 2.5 and a keyboard. Still Nothing to the Evo, atleast from what i have been told.

Then you have the Plam c40 another 4G keyboarded device. This is the one which is supposedly destined to turn the company around. I'm an android guy but for webos this should do something

There is also a device from moto. I have noo idea what this one is. It just kind of came out of the wood work. I assume it will be something like the moto shadow which is basically the droid 2 or Nexus 2 depending on what u see it as. Google that one up its pretty sick.

Then next year we have the ULTA device soming to sprint. Yepp this will be the HTC Scorpion. This bad boy will be the first Mobile Device with a 1.5 ghz processor. I dont know if thats necessary but the idea behind it will be to have a laptop, mp3, tv, movie theater, camera, video recorder and much more all in your pocket. HTC is working on a sick new type of screen for it too. It will more than likely me keyboarded. This is what will be, for what is now dubbed as the "evo 2". Its gonna be a beast.

Ohh and Drex the tourny went well. We crushed a few good teams and came in second overall!

Thanks for your support

Jackson

Upvote 0

thanks

I am not exactly sure of the way they will do the preorder at best buy but I am pretty sure they will be allowing existing customers and new customers to preorder the phone. You will pay for the phone up front then on the release day you will pick your plan. I am also sure they or sprint will have it set up for you to see if you are eligible for a sprint contract before you preorder the phone. Hope this help.

Reactions: perpetual
Upvote 0
Along with our new insider saying talking about other devices i have a little paragraph for you. I know he cant say but i can! hahaha

There are a ton of devices coming Sprint's way. The Evo kind of opens the flood gates so to speak. By the end of the year there will be a toal of 10 WiMAX devices! isn't taht crazy! Don't be fooled though, the Supersonic will be the flagship of Sprint AND HTC for atleast another 6-8 months. This summer there will be the LG LS680, that device we thought we would see at CES. However in a late decison, they decided to make it WiMAX. It'll have a 3.7" screen android 2.5 and a keyboard. Still Nothing to the Evo, atleast from what i have been told.

Then you have the Plam c40 another 4G keyboarded device. This is the one which is supposedly destined to turn the company around. I'm an android guy but for webos this should do something

There is also a device from moto. I have noo idea what this one is. It just kind of came out of the wood work. I assume it will be something like the moto shadow which is basically the droid 2 or Nexus 2 depending on what u see it as. Google that one up its pretty sick.

Then next year we have the ULTA device soming to sprint. Yepp this will be the HTC Scorpion. This bad boy will be the first Mobile Device with a 1.5 ghz processor. I dont know if thats necessary but the idea behind it will be to have a laptop, mp3, tv, movie theater, camera, video recorder and much more all in your pocket. HTC is working on a sick new type of screen for it too. It will more than likely me keyboarded. This is what will be, for what is now dubbed as the "evo 2". Its gonna be a beast.

Ohh and Drex the tourny went well. We crushed a few good teams and came in second overall!

Thanks for your support

Jackson

ooohhhhh!!!! *drool*

Upvote 0

Jackson

Thanks man! You rock! Don't know if you follow Incredible forum (ugh) but I saw they will have an extended battery of around 2100 mah and wonder if you know how mig of a battery option they intend to release for Evo. Specificaly HTC or Sprint branded? Would it increase phone size? You probably don't know yet, but if so, I am all ears :)

Upvote 0

Thanks for your support

Jackson

That's a lot to digest.

Upvote 0

Thanks for your support

Jackson

more input more input.. lol

I do wonder about the palm c40 since palm is for sale now wonder if whoever buys them will scrap it or continue work on it

Upvote 0

Thanks for your support

Jackson

And it just keeps getting better and better! Sweet! Now can you tell Sprint to drop an investment into this company: MEDL Tech | World's First Fully Functional Portable LED Monitor
So they can start production on their portable display? The iPad would have been cool if it had an HDMI input (I could care less about the iPad, other than a potential monitor for my phone). Medltech is the only company that makes a decent portable display of useable size.

This, plus the USB keyboard is what makes a pocket laptop possible. Once in a while you need to travel and do some work with a real monitor.

I have emailed the CEO of Medltech and he is excited about hooking up to cell phones.

Upvote 0
So...I work on campus and enjoyed a visit from some special folks; got to spend a fair amount of time playing with the electronic dream that we are all lusting over. Incredible little device.

I know that one of the things I have been concerned with is the design of the "kickstand", its magnetic and has some sort of mechanism (inside) that "locks" it in an outward position. It snaps into place with the help of a magnet when not in use, no need to worry about a pocket (kickstand) deployment. ;)

I havent seen this information posted ANYWHERE and I've asked it on several different forums, hope it helps.

Upvote 0

Jackson

Thanks man. I think June 13th is the date for this phone. I will definitely get the accessories for this beauty. On a side note....whatever happened to the Nexus one for Sprint?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones