• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this for a 15 second ad spot. Start airing around the 28th or 29th.

Line outside a Big Red Store.

A Dude (Dan maybe) or hot chick (yeah) walks by with the piece de resistance.

The line follows the EVO!!!

I'd like to see them play up the evolution of the mobile phone. This thing isnt a phone. Its more like a life hub that happens to make/receive phone calls.

...or maybe they can play on it replacing half the devices in your life!

-----
More powerful than your wimpy mp3 player.
Faster than your DSL line
More connected than your netbook
Is it a superphone? Can we still call it a phone?
------

or

I'd really like to see them mock the apple vs PC commercials...

-----------------------
PSP/DS person: I can game online and compete against other people when there is an interent connection available.
Evo: So can I. But I AM the internet connection. So I can also help you with my mobile hotspot
Droid Person <squinting while watching a low quality video on you tube>: I can stream videos on the interwebs!
Evo: It is a nice feature. I can do the same. In HD.
Netbook Guy: I have a 10" screen so everyone can view movies with me!
Evo: Sure - I can hook up this HDMI cable to this 70" TV so we can all enjoy the video. As a matter of fact, you can connect to my mobile hotspot too; you seem to have a lot of pauses due to buffering...
iDevice person: I wear black turtle necks and sue people
Evo: Sounds like a personal problem. Maybe I can check webMD for a cure?

<both devices load a webpage over their respective mobile connections to show speed difference>

Evo: You know - your iDevice is taking a long time to load. Maybe you should connect to my mobile hotspot too

<Netbook and PSP guy mutter about how great the hotspot is>

<site happens to use flash - iDevice gets message stating browser is not supported>

Evo: Looks like there is no hope for you. Goodbye old friend.
iDevice Guy: Noooooooooooooooooooo. Curse you modern interwebs!!!

<pan out to see the tombstone of iDevice.>
Born: whatever day apple released the original
Death: EVO release day.
-----------------------

Upvote 0
I'd like to see them play up the evolution of the mobile phone. This thing isnt a phone. Its more like a life hub that happens to make/receive phone calls.

...or maybe they can play on it replacing half the devices in your life!

-----
More powerful than your wimpy mp3 player.
Faster than your DSL line
More connected than your netbook
Is it a superphone? Can we still call it a phone?
------

or

I'd really like to see them mock the apple vs PC commercials...

-----------------------
PSP/DS person: I can game online and compete against other people when there is an interent connection available.
Evo: So can I. But I AM the internet connection. So I can also help you with my mobile hotspot
Droid Person <squinting while watching a low quality video on you tube>: I can stream videos on the interwebs!
Evo: It is a nice feature. I can do the same. In HD.
Netbook Guy: I have a 10" screen so everyone can view movies with me!
Evo: Sure - I can hook up this HDMI cable to this 70" TV so we can all enjoy the video. As a matter of fact, you can connect to my mobile hotspot too; you seem to have a lot of pauses due to buffering...
iDevice person: I wear black turtle necks and sue people
Evo: Sounds like a personal problem. Maybe I can check webMD for a cure?

<both devices load a webpage over their respective mobile connections to show speed difference>

Evo: You know - your iDevice is taking a long time to load. Maybe you should connect to my mobile hotspot too

<Netbook and PSP guy mutter about how great the hotspot is>

<site happens to use flash - iDevice gets message stating browser is not supported>

Evo: Looks like there is no hope for you. Goodbye old friend.
iDevice Guy: Noooooooooooooooooooo. Curse you modern interwebs!!!

<pan out to see the tombstone of iDevice.>
Born: whatever day apple released the original
Death: EVO release day.
-----------------------

LOL. Maybe they could even get the same actors since they are both looking for jobs now that the pc vs mac commercials are coming to an end.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Cool - Thanks. Now let's just see if it works!

kfc.jpg

Upvote 0
I know we are all excited and want this phone in our hands tomorrow, but let&#8217;s not get carried away here. The more successful this phone is, a big part is sales, the more support it will get. like op system updates and apps, so we should all want this phone to sell like crazy if you plan on buying one. Do you think the choke "Iphone" would have so many apps if they only sold 30,000 phones?:cool:

I don't want the phone to flop I want it to succeed but that is not my concern, I just want it. Hopefully we will have as many fart apps as the iphone.:D

Upvote 0
I figured it out! It's a new Type D connector, aka Micro HDMI.

"Type D
A Micro connector defined in the HDMI 1.4 specification,[50][53] it keeps the standard 19 pins of Types A and C but shrinks the connector size to something resembling a micro-USB connector.[54] The Type D connector is 2.8 mm

Upvote 0
I recommend checking your email if you're a Sprint customer or signed up for news updates on Sprint's EVO page. I'm quite certain that any announcement made today would get put out in an email through those channels.
very true. i forgot about that
Edit:
"We'll shoot you an email as soon as the HTC EVO&#8482; 4G is ready to buy."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones