Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. nx25

nx25 Well-Known Member

Balls. 4 more weeks of darkness.

2. capthr

capthr Well-Known Member

Well at least we know that when they say 2pm they mean Pacific Time!!!!
  3. jpatrick18

jpatrick18 Well-Known Member

Anyone else worried that if they pushed back this date by a month, they may also push back the release date a month? That is if that FB date means anything.

I thought they'd make some sort of push before the Incredible was released to make people who could possibly switch to Sprint think twice before signing two year contracts with Verizon, but I guess not.

Jackson, is May 12th the new day we can expect more info?
  4. nx25

nx25 Well-Known Member

lol. So we DID learn something today!
  5. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

Yep that new info was posted at exactly 2pm PST (Pacific Standard Time) too bad it wasn't really any news at all.

You can't push back a release date that doesn't officially exist yet.
  6. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

I'll bet we get more tidbits before May 12th, but that does seem like a good time to start a media blitz, especially if the phone isn't going to be released until June 13th.
  7. jonorjonathan

jonorjonathan Well-Known Member

they also changed it back to saying summer. the description now reads:

8. (EVO)Lution

(EVO)Lution Well-Known Member

they also changed the wording again from "coming in a bit" to "America
  9. droidtime

droidtime Well-Known Member

10. capthr

capthr Well-Known Member

HTC is selling the HD2 (T-MO) for $99. Food for thought. I WILL get tired of waiting.

Whom I kidding I want the EVO!!!!!
  11. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

someone in sprints pr department needs fired. you dont just dangle stuff like this then not say anthing. we should of had all the info at ctia or they shouldnt have said nething at ctia. simple as that dangling a steak infront of an animal will get you bitten. well the animal is your subscriber base and if u dont get info soon you may get bitten by loosing even more subs
  12. droidtime

droidtime Well-Known Member

haha. Maybe by the time the Evo is out, Moto will come out w/ a new android phone that has a physical keyboard. if so, im going to have to get that instead. =[
  13. esone1ll

esone1ll Well-Known Member

The only person that dangled anything was Jackson, and he wrote that there may be nothing at all on the 16th. The FB page was a minute detail that was only examined by enthusiasts (us).

I agree that Sprint needs to release info ASAP, but I don't think they are guilty of dangling anything.
  14. Self Praise

Self Praise Guest

Ok, let me make something clear for those who didn't know. HTC Droid Incredible was always scheduled to be release in the 1Q, a little before CTIA. Due to some setbacks, it ended up released early 2Q. Verizon strategy had nothing to do with the EVO 4G, and Sprint strategy has nothing to do with the Droid Incredible. If people think Sprint should rush out their flagship device, which they are betting the farm on, to compete with the VZW Desire, enjoy your defected device. The phone isn't ready for prime time, regardless of how much you want this device. Voice + 4G is there, but it's still a work in progress. WiMax and Sprint's Android OS is a work in progress.

Also, today big media event. I've already stated it's not going to happen twice, with Jackson then confirming what I've stated. Why is this breaking news? The phone is scheduled to come in June, with pricing info/plan details in May. I wasn't going to say anything, but the Incredible/Evo rally has got to stop.
    zaaye, Mike_Diako, DCLocal and 17 others like this.
  15. gopens

gopens Well-Known Member

what a buzzkill. I am fine with waiting until this summer for a release. But some info helps quench my thirst for a while anyways. Just the tiniest bit of NEW news goes a long way for me. even is srint came out and said the first number in the price is a "2", I would be happy for a day or two.
  16. billsmed

Thank you for making your point, Self Praise. I think most of us agree and although we're getting restless, we don't want the phone pushed out early. I'm perfectly satisfied with a June release and most other people seemed to have that mindset as well.
  17. esone1ll

esone1ll Well-Known Member

Hear hear! +1
  18. billsmed

I see that Self Praise left already. I think he's mostly interested in keeping the Sprint bashing held down and I agree with that totally.
  19. well jackson up tiull a few days ago s\aid something big was coming down today then said they changed their mind or something but one guy on the fb page said nothing was ever planned so who knows and now the end date is may probobly gotta have a date to keep the event live epic fail sprint
  20. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

You're pretty evil. Much more than I had thought :p. Look at these poor guys!
  21. Self Praise

Self Praise Guest

I'm on all 4 carriers, but I do enjoy my Sprint service the most. What was getting me is that people were blaming Sprint for something that never was going to happen.

Case in point, how is it epic fail Sprint? Should they have created a huge media event because Jackson and friend stated so? I've crossed the line by stating that my company's internal documents said nothing of this matter, and this is what happened. I wouldn't blame Jackson because he's the middleman who delivers good information from time to time. This time it just didn't happened. You just have to wait and see with Sprint.
    zaaye, nullspace, travisr528 and 15 others like this.
  22. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

Whats angering me and many is that the facebook page is on Sprint's official facebook site and that it indicated something today. This can't be attributed to "oh its only facebook..." or anything besides incompetence. Facebook and twitter are srs bizness and have been for a while. Leading people on via these very important mediums is absolute fail.
  23. Self Praise

Self Praise Guest

It happens all the time. It's just a "end date" of the FB posting. Nothing more. People didn't find this weird that no major media outlet mentioned this huge event? T-Mobile Project Dark got mentioned twice, and it was all over the place.
  24. billsmed

I agree that some people are intent on being negative, but there's no need for it. We're going to have the best phone, the best service and the best prices around and I'm very happy about it. I would guess that most of us here feel the same way. I only see a few like that like to complain, bitch and moan about Sprint.
    travisr528, adolan, kritzell and 3 others like this.
  25. billsmed

It would be great if we got a little bone once in awhile. That would keep most of the unrest to a minimum, but I'm super pleased that we have specs, great pictures, videos and media coverage. I feel a lot less anxious than I did before CTIA. I really have to admire Sprint for what they're doing all around. How can you beat the 4G service they're developing? their plans are very good compared to other carriers and the EVO 4G -- WOW!! Sprint has really gone all out on this one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.