Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. nx25

nx25 Well-Known Member

A few different places are saying the Droid Incredible DOES have wireless N. And since this phone is coming before the EVO, maybe one of the secrets Dan Hesse was hiding is that the EVO will have an WiFi-N radio as well. I don't see why it wouldn't if they put one in the Incredible.

Advertisement
  2. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

nevermind. i added wrong.
  3. dandm4life

dandm4life Well-Known Member

4. keatre

keatre Well-Known Member

I really hope you're right, and crossing every finger I have for it to be. But, it looks like the D Incred is b/g :(

It
  5. dylan88

well, multiple people are saying bestbuy told them the evo can be preordered there 30 days before launch. sprints facebook event is the 12th. at first by looking at the calendar, i got june 6th (may 12 +30 days) but i added wrong. its actually june 4, which, sadly is a friday
  6. senormatt

senormatt Well-Known Member

anyone else afraid of finger prints? I hate finger prints and with the screen so large... in the video above when he was using the Evo all I could see are the finger prints :eek:

hopefully a really good screen protector thing will help a lot..
  7. senormatt

Is there even a benefit of wireless N over G on the Evo?
  8. dylan88

i hav a good cloth for fingerprints. never bothers me
  9. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

10. phatning

phatning Active Member

Congrats to Bill... What's next? Mod?

Watch out TS... Bill's gunning for red. :)
  11. keatre

keatre Well-Known Member

Well considering if you don't live in a 4G area (or if Sprint charges for 4G [which they better not!]) and you don't want to use, wireless N is faster and has a greater range than G. All routers coming out these days are wireless N, along with most wifi cards.

Does the Evo NEED it? No, of course not. G is fine. Is N faster? Yes.
  12. phatning

phatning Active Member

Bill - Never mind. I saw the ad recently again and noticed the guy was holding both a Moment and an Overdrive (one in each hand). :eek:
  13. BeLikMike23

BeLikMike23 Well-Known Member

Not trying to be rude, but May 12 + 30 days is June 11th, not June 4th, though it is still a Friday.
  14. Man do i love me some frozen yogurt....

BTW dont set yourself on May 12th, ballpark though
    kritzell and earldriscoll like this.
  15. billsmed

Thanks, phatning. I was just thinking today that it's been awhile since we've heard from you.
  16. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

17. nx25

nx25 Well-Known Member

Hey Jackson, do you know if the EVO will have a WiFi-N radio? For the most part I'd just use 3G/4G but if I need to download something big, like a movie, I could use my home connection and N router..
  18. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

That would be a cool background. I seen someone use that before though. I have so many ideas on what I'm going to use. :cool:
  19. dylan88

did u just say.. frozen yogurt???? as in FROYO???

and BeLikMike23, you are right. forgive me. its the monday after spring break :p
  20. senormatt

maybe a little faster and little better range.

For example my router is G and I get full bars all over our 2 story house. I pay for Uverse 18Mb/s internet and get 17-18Mb/s down. So I have no need to upgrade to a wireless N router really.
  21. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

Look how crafty he is!! :D
  22. dylan88

ughh, now im dying to know if its coming with FROYO lol
  23. Rgamer84

Rgamer84 Member

I have a little bit of a concern that i have not heard brought up about the EVO. Currently this phone is able to do 4G/WiMAX however, what happens if sprint decides to use LTE instead since they said that they will do it for the greater good if the market goes in that direction. Will they stop the deployments of 4G in the new areas? Sorry if i sound dumb here but it crossed my mind. Is the radio able to be updated in the EVO to support LTE if this is truly the future? The EVO wont do us any good if they go full LTE and it doesn't support it. :(
  24. phatning

phatning Active Member

Purposely stayed away or "quiet" so I don't drive myself or my wife insane about EVO 4G, whichever comes first. :p
    billsmed likes this.
  25. billsmed

This might make you feel a little better.
    Beceem announces the BCS500, a new WiMAX/LTE multi-mode chipset
    Rgamer84 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.