Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

Yeah no kidding, that's only the tv broadcasters I know there is way more up there than just TV antennas I only know of those for sure because I work for one of the broadcasters stated in my last post but I'm sure it doesn't come cheap for anyone else.

2. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

I'm hoping you guys will post pics too I won't be getting an Incredible but it would be nice to ask to see something and have a few users with a unit on hand if you guys don't mind.
  3. effluent

effluent Well-Known Member

Shouldn't all this Walmart/WiMax stuff be in the WiMax thread?If this comes to fruition it would likely be the only way I'd ever get WiMax coverage ever where I live. Just got EVDO Rev 0 here in late January despite it being a city of 100,000, so doubt WiMax ever comes. here But, I'm right between two Walmarts both a few miles away.
    cary328is likes this.
  4. Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion Well-Known Member

You got it.

I'll do a semi quick unboxing and overview, and then maybe a more in depth look.

Video will suck since it will be done over my MBP webcam, but I'll mess around and do something for sure.

I'll post a thread in here for sure, I don't want to have you go to the Incredible forum.

skpd, kritzell, LatinP and 1 other person like this.
  5. ha what can i say the Evo people are just AmAzInG =]]]
  6. Novoken

Novoken Well-Known Member

7. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

it didnt compair much lols
  8. Novoken

Novoken Well-Known Member

I know I posted it then read it, I was like ah ok hmm they should change the title
  9. LatinP

LatinP Well-Known Member

10. JustFrozen

JustFrozen Well-Known Member

I'll never get over the difference in screen size. Once you fall for these larger screens it's hard to go back.
  11. evotitans

evotitans Well-Known Member

thats what I was thinking.....

How are they even trying to compare them right now, when we dont even know what kind of processor will be in the new iPhone. So far EVO beats this "rumored/leaked" iPhone in every way.

And Im really starting to hate seeing people write it as the iPhone 4G, that is truly false advertisement.
  12. drksilenc

the evo is why apple sued htc and now we know they are afraid very afraid
  13. ilaofficial

ilaofficial Well-Known Member

14. esone1ll

esone1ll Well-Known Member

Well, seeing as they saw fit to review two unreleased phones, maybe they are unreleased reviewers -- not yet ready for public consumption, but maybe one day.
  15. S.meezy

S.meezy Well-Known Member

They also called the galaxy s the best smartphone of the future... Lol
  16. drksilenc

bah whyd the site go down for those few minuntes i was scared
  17. evotitans

evotitans Well-Known Member

18. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

While its true that there is no Walmart within the city boundaries, there is one less than a mile away from the border to the east and quite a few about a mile or two west of the city.
    See map below. (red dots are the Walmarts, pink line is NYC border.)

19. Norril

Norril Well-Known Member

I won't be needing your video, since I am getting an Incredible for my lovely GF :) I am very excited, because it is the runner up to my future Evo. She is excited, because she is going to rub it in for the next 2 months! I always have better phones that she does, but not now, lol. Well, in a couple months, I will be the king of the phones again... MUWAHAHAHAHAA!
    skpd likes this.
  20. Gekko

Gekko Well-Known Member

it's like an LCD TV. when friends have asked me which size to get i tell them - "nobody ever regretted going too big - only too small."
  21. Gekko

Gekko Well-Known Member

22. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

That movie gets funnier every time I watch it :D.
  23. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

And you guys are getting on us for talking about WiMAX/Wal-Mart this morning... Geesh!

Okay, okay. I'm just kidding. What else you gonna do on a slow news day? Everyone is staying positive and I like the friendly atmosphere, so keep up the good work.
  24. Autosuggestion

Yeah, many people won't need the video because I am sure there will be many, but why not have one done by an EVO forum member? :)

Plus, I've always wanted to do one, I have no idea why, just have the itch!

Really, I only got it so I can sell my 3GS for more before the next iPhone is announced, get some apps under my belt and have everything transferred and setup on my Gmail account so I don't have to spend a lot of time setting it all up on my EVO.

The one thing I do want, and can't get (or haven't looked nearly hard enough to get) is Swype.

So, someone should hook me up with Swype once I get my Incredible.

25. Autosuggestion

They meant the iPhone's advantage is THE app store, and the EVO's advantage is 4G.

It wasn't implying that Android Market didn't exist, just that Apple's app store is much larger and has more developer support.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.