Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

Apple has much more than JUST the app store. My new car (and a lot of other cars) have iPod controls built in. Pioneer just announced a line of BluRay players that you can control with your iPhone. There are a lot of products that cater to the hottest selling cellphone out right now.

The new iPhone's screen being the same size (but higher resolution) will give it greater pixel density, and will make it look nice. Still small though.

All that being said, I hate AT&T, and iPhone world domination aside, it still doesn't stack up to all of the features of the EVO.

Make no mistake though, the processor WILL be better than ours, and their app store maintains the lead (and the phone is certainly more integrated with other products than any of the Android phones are yet). Apple isn't scared. Yet.

2. esone1ll

esone1ll Well-Known Member

Android 2.2 Coming Soon? | Android Phone Fans

It looks like Supersonical/Jackson's cryptic pronouncements about FroYo on the EVO might have some support! Yay! We can score another one for Supersonical/Jackson! Thanks, man.
    andiron, skpd, kritzell and 2 others like this.
  3. Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion Well-Known Member

Could be spot on because it mentions enabling FM Radio, and isn't the EVO supposed to have one?
  4. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

what a day. i read those articles at school and got very excited. i think we will be hearing a lot more within the next few weeks :)
  5. nx25

nx25 Well-Known Member

It sounds like some people might HAVE an EVO in the next few weeks. The corporations that are in the sack with Sprint... Lucky bastards.
  6. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

I spoke to a Sprint rep today, she stated that they will be announcing some "incentives" for customers moving over from other cell carriers. Hmmm :)
    kritzell, chrissyd, Capboomer and 2 others like this.
  7. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

:D This is very relevant to my interests.
  8. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

that's a get smart move from sprint.
    edit: I mean a very smart move. lol damn cell keyboard.
    Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
  9. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

I don't think enabling FM radio is itself reason to think it'll have 2.2, don't other phones have FM radio regardless of OS number?

I also thought Froyo would be 2.5 when it came out, but that'x just conjecture.

I'd love for the phone to come out with Froyo, but I'd rather remain cautiously optimistic than let my hopes get the best of me.
  10. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

mine too! She wouldn't elaborate except to "expect" a credit of at least $25 on your bill. I said "so maybe more considering the type of phone/plan one signs up for"? She says, I'm on the right track lol
    chrissyd likes this.
  11. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

12. Jceinc

Jceinc Well-Known Member

btw, she also stated that the EVO is definitely coming out in June and it is SICK!

Edit: One more thing, she can't confirm but she's 90% sure there will be at least 2 colors available.
    kritzell, ekt8750 and chrissyd like this.
  13. ha actually not true. No other model of Android currently supports an FM radio because ANDROID 2.1 and lesser DONT SUPPORT it! This article basically proves what i have been saying correct and is the exact reason that the FM radio could not work at CTIA. They went into the app on some demos but then said it was still being worked on. I didn't make the connection on this until right now! It fits in with everything else I've said though.

Meet your new Android 2.5 (or 3.0) Flagship, the HTC Evo =]]]]

I'm gonna find out more, keep ya'll posted

BlueScreen, DCLocal, andiron and 9 others like this.
  14. burgertime

burgertime Well-Known Member

For customers? Sure which is why they would work some bundle package. For their own internal network to handle streaming? No. I work for a company that is one of the largest steaming content providers in the world. Again having a network like that really does little to help how good YOU can stream content to someone. Again that is based on local infrastructure, you need T3 or T4 lines and not something like 4g speeds. Now I'm sure they could probably come up with some sort of good relay system for transmitting data across the network...but I would think that's still in the future.

Note I could be talking out of my ass as I am not in IT...just do a lot of work around streaming media. I'm not too privy to the magic behind our network and infrastructure.
  15. Novoken

Novoken Well-Known Member

what news? lol I keep missing stuff today, sick and lots of work.
  16. esone1ll

esone1ll Well-Known Member

Awesome! Also, just as an FYI:

Sprint - HTC EVO? 4G

FM Radio is listed as an official spec on the Sprint site. So, if Android only supports FM radio in FroYo, and EVO has FM Radio, then there is only one logical conclusion: EVO has FroYo!
    kritzell likes this.
  17. Novoken

Lol sprint says the evo is a Premium high style device.
  18. taht sexactly where i was going. and 2.1 does not support 4G

haha premium high style, i wonder if they know what they are saying
  19. Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion Well-Known Member

Actually, I just went to the Verizon webpage for the Incredible and it does have an FM radio.

So 2.1 must support it then?
  20. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

"high style"? I could be excluded. LOL
  21. 2timberwolves

2timberwolves Member

I hope this is true............I plan on switching over from verizon to Sprint when the EVO is released, I could use alot of help with this change over. I'll have the ETF from verizon and then the price of the EVO to pay for plus my accessories for the phone. Oh Boy! I hope I hit the lottery really soon! :)
  22. Novoken

Cool the evo is add is on top of this page Yay evo!!!
  23. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

24. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

A) The Incredible has FM Radio, doesn't it?.... and is running 2.1....

B) As discussed yesterday, there isn't "proof" the 2.1 doesn't support 4G - that is a myth. The code that is cited as proof is just a generic thing used for other coding.
  25. Well SP, the incredible has not been released yet soo among current android devices my comment stays strong. That will change in about 9 days though hahaha damn

no its not a myth. They would have to mod 2.1 for 4G to work
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.