• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@supersonical-so funny, I was talking to my coworker and he was talking about so dude that has an insider and he has some great info on the evo, palm c40 and wimax and I was like, Jakson? He was like wow how do you know.

lol Its crazy how your are known all around.

@sprintfun- let me check and see which one works

Upvote 0
Ok SP thats exactly where i was going. At CTIA the OS on the Evo and WiMAX were not compatible at all. Hence why soo many apps could not be shown. I know some of them were not complete, but others could not work with 2.1 because the OS does not support a 4G signal. If the OS does not support a 4G signal then that means widgets and apps and such can not work on 4G. If those can't work on 4G then what is the point of even having a 4G phone.

Now i know some of you are saying hey we saw the internet run on 4G. So did i and damn was it fast even with laoding flash! However that was an app specifically designed for 4G. Most of the apps you find in the market however will not be 4G specific so that they can run on all android phones. In this case they wont recognize the 4G signal, thereby using 3G, thereby not making the phone live up to it's 4G potential.

If Self Praise is right, and I'm sure he is, they have fixed the OS to accept the 4G signal in all cases. This allows the signal to be recognized and used by all applications, widgets, etc.

Hopefully that clears things up, sorry if i confused any of you earlier!

Jackson

the 2.1htc evo OS does support 4g/wimax though....sprint and htc said at the conference they wrote their own code and api's for the phone to use until good made something official with android

Upvote 0
ajac i never attacked you, you actually attcked my little joke with some nonsesnse so please get your facts stright! I think I've said that to you enough no?

umm never attacked your what you call a joke that ws a joke in reference to your so called joke which wasnt funny mine wasnt either but obviously you have no idea what a joke is if you think someone is attacking u because they reply to your comment. Are you really that self righteous? seriously...

Upvote 0
There's a joke to be made here...:p

You Perv ooppsss I hate when I think out loud LOL
tongue.gif

Reactions: kritzell
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones