• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVO for sale on Craigslist...LOL...Wow, people already trying to pull off scams
stop here sprint

I took a print screen cap of this, just in case it gets pulled off Craig's list. Anybody in the Atlanta area or who uses Craig's list know how to notify them of scams?
EVO4GforSaleScam.jpg

Um...the right side of the screen under "flag this posting?"

Upvote 0
Then the EVO is going to fail then, because this phone will not be released in May. Period. I know the tentative release date, and the month isn't May.

I don't know if you read my posts, or think I'm a Geek Squad member, but listen to a person who have numerous meetings with Apple. As of Wednesday, April 28th 2010, LTE/WiMax/CDMA iphone doesn't exist.

With all respect. Then just give us the date..... and the price if you have it and save us all of the speculation. Throw us a bone. Please:)

Upvote 0
Then the EVO is going to fail then, because this phone will not be released in May. Period. I know the tentative release date, and the month isn't May.

I don't know if you read my posts, or think I'm a Geek Squad member, but listen to a person who have numerous meetings with Apple. As of Wednesday, April 28th 2010, LTE/WiMax/CDMA iphone doesn't exist.

Thank you, it just wouldn't make sense to make one at this point, and Apple NEVER jumps into new technology first especially when a standard hasn't been set yet. I'd put stock into Apple not jumping on any type oF 4G technology before they know for sure which network(s) they're going to support in the future and have extensive real world analysis of WiMax vs LTE.

Didn't Sprint release their flagship phone last year around the same time as the Apple announcement? Yeah, they should stop doing that.

Maybe it's not coincidental, maybe they meant to, but I would hope not because every time they've tried they've failed.

Upvote 0
Didn't Sprint release their flagship phone last year around the same time as the Apple announcement? Yeah, they should stop doing that.

Releasing a brand new phone, from a "dying" company(Palm) with an OS that was brand spanking new was not all on Sprint's hands.

Sprint was losing customers left and right, due to CS issues and having a severely weaker phone line up. Sprint was banking on Palm to deliver on the next great phone....but Palm needing to rush the PRE, and not Market it right was not Sprint's fault.

So yea, doing it last year was a bad decision by Sprint.

The EVO is an entirely different situation. There are no other 4G phones on the market. There are no phones tentavely scheduled with spec's that out match the EVO in all aspects.

In every way, the EVO has atleast one thing that no other phone can compete with.....4G alone is the biggest advantage.

Add in the fact that the EVO runs on the largest growing OS out there right now...its not really going to matter what Apple does. Apple is Apple, it will still get all the buzz it wants.

If Dan Hesse is really as smart as he is....he knows that the EVO with Google/Android backing it, is the phone that can change the smartphone game.

EDIT: Im just saying....its not going to matter if the EVO is released in May or in June.....Apple consumers will wait for WWDC, its the rest of the market that Sprint needs to go after.

Upvote 0
Droid on Motorola - release with new Android OS: 2.0
Nexus One on T-Mobile - Release with new Android OS: 2.1
Evo on Sprint - Release with...er, um, 2.1 while 2.2 was announced in May and is already on the Nexus One. Sprint users get annoyed having to wait months while HTC and Sprint apply 2.2, if ever, to the Evo. So tired of Android fragmentation.

Upvote 0
From my corp rep (don't think it says anythign special)

Hello everyone!!!

Wow…tons of responses for the HTC EVO 4G…and I can see why. This phone is going to be an incredible device which is why I will be getting one as well. There has been no official release date given, however my best guess would be in early June. That is when our new pricing rolls out (June 6 to be exact) and my HTC contact said his demo was mailed to him weeks ago.

As far as the pricing, it’s a wild guess. HTC devices have a wide range of pricing so it’s hard to guess a price here. As soon as we get an official price on it, we will get the pre-order listed on the EVP site. I will definitely email you again once that is up.

**If you are wanting to check upgrade eligibility, let me know the line(s) you want to upgrade I can check for you. I can also see if your Sprint Nextel account is eligible to add additional lines. If you are currently with another carrier, we can get your new Sprint account setup once the pre-order page is up and running.

I am in Nashville, which doesn’t have 4G yet, but this will not stop me from getting it…Sprint is getting better and more efficient at rolling out new 4G markets so I don’t think it will be long. The attached document has a list of all the active 4G cities and the ones that will be launching soon….there are about 5 more cities added from a few weeks ago.

If you have any questions, comments, additional info, etc, please do not hesitate to contact me…I look forward to hearing from you. I have hundreds of people interested in this, so I apologize in advance if I do not reply as quickly as I usually do. I will be sending out another email as soon as I get more accurate info…thanks again!!

Here is a link to blog from the EVP’s parent company, NationLink Wireless, on some of the cool features of the EVO.

Here is a link to the details on Phone Scoop, a website I like to use to check out all the tech-specs on phones.

If you are getting this email, then we already have you on the pre-order list. If you have a friend, family member, co-worker, etc that is interested in joining you, please send the following link for them to sign up as well. Thanks!! Click here to sign up for the HTC EVO 4G pre-order!!!

I did sign up for the pre-order. It said a rep will be in touch with me shortly to complete my order. We'll see. I'll keep you updated.

Upvote 0
If Dan Hesse is really as smart as he is....he knows that the EVO with Google/Android backing it, is the phone that can change the smartphone game.

I couldn't agree more! I think people were afraid to go after the Pre. When I moved my wife over to my account last year I asked the guy about the Pre and the manager just laughed. He showed me a brand new Pre that would slide open sideways and turn off when you would slide open.

I was interested in that phone until they showed me that.

We will not have those issues with the EVO because HTC usually doesn't have build issues.

Dan Hesse had a plan from the minute he stepped into the CEO chair and I couldn't be happier with what he has done. I am truly excited about what is coming down the pipe for sprint.

Upvote 0
From what I've learned in another thread, the difference in speed pertains to write speeds only, so you'd only see a difference when you were copying files, movies, music, or whatever to your card. From what I read, the read speeds are the same for the different speed classes.

Okay, well for those that want to get the Class 2 16gb microSD that was posted, I actually vouch for the speed being MORE than fast enough. I have one in my Touch Pro and I haven't had ANY problems with it at all.

Upvote 0
Okay, well for those that want to get the Class 2 16gb microSD that was posted, I actually vouch for the speed being MORE than fast enough. I have one in my Touch Pro and I haven't had ANY problems with it at all.

Honestly, I think it's more important to get a good quality SD card from a reputable company than it is to worry too much about class 2 or class 10.

Upvote 0
From my corp rep (don't think it says anythign special)

Hello everyone!!!

Wow…tons of responses for the HTC EVO 4G…and I can see why. This phone is going to be an incredible device which is why I will be getting one as well. There has been no official release date given, however my best guess would be in early June. That is when our new pricing rolls out (June 6 to be exact) and my HTC contact said his demo was mailed to him weeks ago.

As far as the pricing, it’s a wild guess. HTC devices have a wide range of pricing so it’s hard to guess a price here. As soon as we get an official price on it, we will get the pre-order listed on the EVP site. I will definitely email you again once that is up.

**If you are wanting to check upgrade eligibility, let me know the line(s) you want to upgrade I can check for you. I can also see if your Sprint Nextel account is eligible to add additional lines. If you are currently with another carrier, we can get your new Sprint account setup once the pre-order page is up and running.

I am in Nashville, which doesn’t have 4G yet, but this will not stop me from getting it…Sprint is getting better and more efficient at rolling out new 4G markets so I don’t think it will be long. The attached document has a list of all the active 4G cities and the ones that will be launching soon….there are about 5 more cities added from a few weeks ago.

If you have any questions, comments, additional info, etc, please do not hesitate to contact me…I look forward to hearing from you. I have hundreds of people interested in this, so I apologize in advance if I do not reply as quickly as I usually do. I will be sending out another email as soon as I get more accurate info…thanks again!!

Here is a link to blog from the EVP’s parent company, NationLink Wireless, on some of the cool features of the EVO.

Here is a link to the details on Phone Scoop, a website I like to use to check out all the tech-specs on phones.

If you are getting this email, then we already have you on the pre-order list. If you have a friend, family member, co-worker, etc that is interested in joining you, please send the following link for them to sign up as well. Thanks!! Click here to sign up for the HTC EVO 4G pre-order!!!

I did sign up for the pre-order. It said a rep will be in touch with me shortly to complete my order. We'll see. I'll keep you updated.

I think you and I must have the same EVP rep...LOL...same email I got.

FYI - It's also the same "pre-order" list that I signed up for a week or two ago. Never got contacted regarding an order...LOL.

Upvote 0

Even recording 720P HD video? And also, does the touch pro have any shutter lag at all? I know it is stated that the EVO has no shutter lag.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Out of all the phone makers I think HTC is Apple's biggest threat right now. I mean motorola has the Droid, and samsung really hasn't released that many good phones. HTC has been releasing Android phone after Android phone and with the release of each one they are increasing the standard of what a phone should be.

At the same time Apple likes to drag their feet and not put too many new features in their iPhone to make people have to/want to come back the next year and upgrade to the newest iPhone. Even with the front facing camera and "multi-tasking" if the iPhone is still only on AT&T or stuck on a 3G network the phone will be more inferior to the EVO than it already is. If we know this you have to believe Apple knows this and this is why on the day of the Incredible announcement we had some sort of iPhone "leak".

Upvote 0
Sprint should do a referral promo along with no mail in rebates. Let's say the cost comes out to be $199.99 with 2 year contract, anyone who signs up gets that price out the door then for every person they refer to Sprint that drops their name when they sign up to get the Evo gets a $25 credit on their bill or something along these lines. The more promotion Sprint does the better the phone will do, let the customers help promote this amazing product. Imagine if you refer 10 people, that would be a $250 credit on your bill! How hard would it be to go out to the bar with your friends and show off the possibilities of the Evo along with explaining the cost comparison against the iPhone and/or Verizon. Make this happen!!

Upvote 0
HAH - I too, got the same e-mail this morning. The fellow's name is Andrew? We should tell him about this thread! :p
Yep. He hasn't done much for me though, to be honest. Oh well, we'll see. There is always a first time, right?

Sounds familiar...:D

Problem with EVP is they still have the stupid Mail-in-rebate. That's the only reason I won't get it through them or even my corporate rep. All of them are still obligated to that mail-in-rebate. They need to take a page out of best buy's book or Radio Shack for that matter!

Upvote 0
I'm not even going to try to respond to some of the comments overnight (Way too many), just this one :D.

I could tell you one thing. Apple purposely chosen the 7th for their conference. With Sprint's NYC/LA event, they need to find ways to "plug in" the EVO 4G. NYC is already primed for WiMax, and work already started in L.A., though I don't know how far along the work is yet. I say activate both, and have two major markets primed for 4G.

Having said that, LA event has nothing to do with the EVO. It's a film event, though the device will be shown here and there. No breaking news happening in this event. NYC is more of a EVO/Disney event, though I don't think you'll learn anything major. My invite already came through, so anything I learn from there, you guys will know (though I already know almost all that needs to know. Incredible release date and pricing was announced 2 weeks before launch, and this might be the same with the EVO. Marketing started weeks ago, so all they need now is TV coverage showing off some features that the phone will do best. Imagine setting up the EVO in your car. Your wife streaming Pandora in the front, and your two kids watching Monster vs Aliens in the back from their laptops. Dad seems lost so he decides to use Sprint Navigation, but his boss from back home decides to video call him. Wife and kids still doing what they are doing, regardless of the video call. That's the power of the EVO 4G with WiMax. Show this in a commercial, and watch the buzz explode.

Thanks for the info SP, I won't bother attending that event then.

I'm not happy with Microsoft waking up and beating down on HTC, it's going to drive costs up.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones