• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's a good comparison tool.
Interesting, although I've seen and used that comparison tool before, its only today that I noticed I can move the EVO over any of the other phones I am comparing it to over it to see the height and width difference. Pretty cool.

It was confirmed a while ago that it will sell in black and white.
To be honest I don't remember that being confirmed, only remember wishing it was true.

TS

Upvote 0
Really, that bums me out, cause I wanted the white one. So that means I have to wait longer. :mad:

Oh well. So it the life of a dEVOtee.

TS out

Maybe not, TS. Maybe the white one will come out within 30 days from your doing the upgrade? If that's the case, you can just do an exchange! I know I'd do it, if that happened. Let's just hope that the white one doesn't take long until it's released.

Upvote 0
Yea or when more info is out or release day, we can go to a sprint store and ask when the white one is released (if not released together). I don't see the point of having two diff colors apart from each other. I'm used to black when it comes to phones but I want to see what a white EVO would look like in person. If it's soft touch it might be pretty sweet. That kind of glossy look the EVO has on the front wouldn't look so good in white. It would look plastic (cheap). Ugh! I just can imagine the live wallpapers and colors collaborating with that white body! Would be real nice. Attention getter huh?

And true MRK, black never goes out of style. I just want do soemthing a little different.

Upvote 0
24 hour bannage for ozcar posting IMO :D

I couldn't agree more. I'm all for the fluff, but don't bring false hope here! For those of you that are worried about the size, I would strongly suggest stomaching the trip to a T-mobile store and holding a HD2 in your hand. This nice thing is the UI on the HD2 is Android'esk enough to give you a decent taste of what we're all waiting for.

Besides.... I emailed DH, I should be getting an answer soon :D In all seriousness, I wish we would get a nibble though...

Upvote 0
There will be two versions, or so i ahve been told. At first tehre will ONLY be the black. In months to follow to kind of re-invent the Evo the white version will come out. Prob around christmas and such

Slug man, i know your a moderator and all but TS does just fine around here doing his job. We have all been doing fine here as well. Have you seen that incredible thread. Yeah we are a family over here, there they are a huge mob. So please let us do our thing.

THanks

Jackson

Upvote 0
There will be two versions, or so i ahve been told. At first tehre will ONLY be the black. In months to follow to kind of re-invent the Evo the white version will come out. Prob around christmas and such

Well, there goes my theory about exchanging within 30 days...LOL. Thanks for the 411, Jackson.

Reactions: Supersonical
Upvote 0

Slug man, i know your a moderator and all but TS does just fine around here doing his job. We have all been doing fine here as well. Have you seen that incredible thread. Yeah we are a family over here, there they are a huge mob. So please let us do our thing.

THanks

Jackson

That really sucks.......So maybe I "regift" my black one to my wife for Christmas!:p

Upvote 0
Aww man now I guess I will have to go with the black. I think when it comes out I might be able to go int he store and mess with it when the hype dies down some and hopefully that holds me off until the white one. I had a feeling somebody was going to say the second option was going to be something like a re-event or something.

Jackson quick question? If and when the EVO gets updates will that also be a entry to the white one other then it's new color? Or will it just be white and that's the only difference?

Upvote 0
Also, the funniest thing about the most recent Ozcar steaming pile of bull, they claim the pre-order date is leaked but they never say what the date is. Honestly, I can't think of a worse website lol. Its comical how terrible it is.

And finally:
OZCAR hope to hear from Sprint soon on the HTC Evo 4G release date and pricing.

I'm sure Dan Hesse will meet you at your public library so you can do a live blog about it.

Reactions: SHO_ONE
Upvote 0
With what I've seen in the videos, aren't the differences between the black/white units simply just the back cover? I could be wrong but the "white" one doesnt have a matching white front, so why call is it the "white EVO" if it's just the back plate that makes it white? Can someone please confirm if there is any other part of the phone that makes it white other than the back plate?

Upvote 0
Also, the funniest thing about the most recent Ozcar steaming pile of bull, they claim the pre-order date is leaked but they never say what the date is. Honestly, I can't think of a worse website lol. Its comical how terrible it is.

And finally:

I'm sure Dan Hesse will meet you at your public library so you can do a live blog about it.

I seriously did email the DH..... I'm willing to bet I get a response before Ozcar

Upvote 0
So is the general consensus that:

Evo will be released in June (either 8th or 15ish)
Evo will be available for pre order in May (hopefully in a couple weeks)
Evo will most likely cost $199.99 with a 2 Year Sprint Contract
Evo will have 4g for $10-$20 dollars a month

June 6th or 13th actually, but yea you just about got it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones