Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2010-06-11 04:57:11
  1. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

Right, but does Best Buy or other retailers recognize your Premier status, or is it something that is only applicable through purchases from Sprint?

Advertisement
  2. ekt8750

ekt8750 Well-Known Member

I would think they would since it's all going through the same computer system.
  3. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

No kidding about that other forum. I've been a member since 2007 and try to limit my posts (as you can tell by the post count over there) cause they just love to argue. Sheesh.

TS
  4. it will not be the first of June, this is a fact
    cary328is and adolan like this.
  5. boliviano3

boliviano3 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is pretty annoying over there. Although it's been worse, lately, since there's been one dbag over there that's been trying to argue w/ everyone.
  6. Onemyk

Onemyk Active Member

I feel ya jackson! That's why I moved over here! All they do over there i cry and moan on the sprint forum - that's not what I want to hear, I want to talk to and read about people that are actually excited about the EVO and welcome tips and leads!
  7. EVERYONE log into your sprint account!!!! Sprint says they will be completely redisgning their website on April 11, which is 5 days before the Evo public release!!!! makes one think hmmm.....
    Onemyk likes this.
  8. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

I just either had a great idea or a great blunder: you decide.

In the other post talking about Flash support, it spurred me to do some research about current Android flash support, and it seems that currently it does not work on 2.1 (even though I think there is a work around). But one of the key features of the Evo is that it will support flash. Since it now seems that the Evo will be released with the newest Android in FroYo, could that mean that FroYo will officially introduce flash support for Android devices?

Also, does anybody know what is rumored to be in FroYo besides handling 4G and my hypothetical Flash support?
  9. passivesf

passivesf Well-Known Member

Super: So you think they will be releasing the Evo sooner than June? Possibly in 2 weeks?
  10. no, thats jsut when sprint will start advertising and have the device in their stores. Actual sales will not start until June at SPRINT locations.

I think the device must also have a more than adequate processor to handle flash. It works great with 4G because its sooo fast. But yess froyo will support it, porbs optional tho
  11. Android 17

Not to try to steal your thunder or anything, but I mentioned the site update on an earlier post #1296.

"Edit: Also, if you log in to Sprint, it gives you details about a new "Sprint.com" update coming April 11th. Sprint is really getting serious!

Here's a preview: Coming Soon!"

But I guess I just haven't the same level of enthusiasm as you do, lol.

Still, it's a good sign, and as you mentioned, hopefully it coincides with more EVO news!
  12. Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion Well-Known Member

So you dont think Best Buy will get them at the same time, or before like they did with the Hero?
  13. oops sorry! didn't see it!!

This shows sprint is really tying to be more committed to their customers, i also thinkk they are making major improvements for the Evo but hey, ill take it
  14. Android 17

Yeah, did you check out the preview? It seems like the new re-design will be pretty impressive and much more useful. The site as it is right now is certainly functional, but the update should give it a new breath of fresh air, and it'll be easier for new Sprint customers to get accustomed to!
  15. yeah it seems more organized and everything is hown with cool pics
  16. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

Imagine soon all of our accounts on our page will have the glorious EVO next to our accounts. And the option that says "Upgrade this phone" will NOT be available because it's the EVO. If you click that link it will say "You already own the EVO. There is no possible upgrade for this device until EVO2 is released." LOL :D
  17. ha that just made my night lmao
  18. Android 17

I'd love it if it said that and then if you tried to click it again, it'd say ".......You've gotta be kidding right?" and then if you tried it yet again, it'd log you off and give you a 15 minute time-out from the website so you can think about your sheer insolence!
  19. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA you guys are hilarious!

Jackson - so do you think it's still scheduled to be released first week of June? I already booked that time off work in case I have to sit in a line and also to geek out on it. I know it's probably not June 1, but it's somewhere close to that right? Like you mentioned in the sprint forums? Just trying to plan ahead so I can have some geek time with it.
  20. Android 17

He's mentioned June 6th as a likely date before......I wish it was even sooner, but I can wait........barely.
  21. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

My birthday is on June 7th....perfect timing for this phone. :)
  22. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

Hello SF. There has been a few things said about Froyo the past couple of days, and my post #1242 would be a good place to start.
    SprintFun likes this.
  23. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

god i hate closing at work. new sprint site looks nice.
    and i still have a strong feeling for June 6th. Redemption day, the one year anniversary of the pre.
    ekt8750 likes this.
  24. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

I recall the fragmentation issue, and that's great for future updates, but I care about the new features to play with lol.
  25. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

all i know is that this is going to be the longest 3 months ever

interesting..
    First HTC EVO 4G Promotional Video Goes Live

"Not to mention, all the features like the 8 megapixel camera, HDMI output, and the 480 x 800 4.3-inch TFT LCD screen make it sound very desirable."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.