Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Reason I ask is I'm wondering if I'll be able to get the phone, prior to it being offered in general retail. I work for a VERY large corporation that actually does some business with all the major carriers.

I hope they do have a hack that can convert it to do so. With the way the kickstand is designed, I can just see this getting on my nerves during the day, while I'm at work. Either that, or maybe the kickstand will allow for the phone to sit in portrait.

2. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Obviously people will use the device as THEY want to, but I think the kickstand is designed with the intent to be a thing for watching media hands-free, not be an everyday apparatus.
    Novoken and Supersonical like this.
  3. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Yes I knew they werent charging for 4G. So June 13th is official?
  4. drexappeal

Yeah, I agree and it's definitely understandable. If they end up having a dock that'll put the phone upright, that'll work fine for me as well. Now that I think about it, I think the HTC Doc that I purchsed for my Touch Pro just might have an adaptor for a micro-USB. I'll have to check when I get home.
  5. well not everyone did soo...

Yeah seems legit, my guy hasnt got back to me yet, soo much going on in the tech world!
    cpiman and drexappeal like this.
  6. SprintFun

Just thinking out loud but I'm just wondering if Sprint's launch date can be affected one way or the other by the announcement of the Incredible. Seems like they could be under some pressure to get the phone out earlier.
  7. drexappeal

Well, you get my props and support. I'm probably 10-12 older than you, but I admire your persistance in getting people information at such a young age.
    Supersonical likes this.
  8. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Supersonical has been awesome with the news. I'm glad we got someone who keeps us inform.
    Supersonical likes this.
  9. i dont mind, i have this running on my instinct (which is a topic for another day) so it gets sent to me during practices and w/e. I love keeping you guys updated someone has too!
    zaaye, Slacker4Life and capthr like this.
  10. MrViZZiATO

MrViZZiATO Well-Known Member

To be quite honest I wasn't attacking andddlay, I was simply saying that I'm sure it wont be a prob. and I'm sure HTC and Sprint have thoroughly checked it out to make sure it'll perform properly!!! And I'm not an HTC fan boy who believes they do no wrong b/c they've had there share of probs through the years with devices... but I am a fan of well made software and hardware that HTC always impresses us with...hence the HTC EVO!!! I'm just not a fan of apple b/c they act like there so much superior to everyone else when really there not... is the iphone good?? yes it is...but is it the best like some people believe...that I doubt b/c it does lack a lot...and then when they update the software with stuff that we've been doing on phones for a loooong time now, them and the apple fan goo oooohhhh look what we can do now and i m like yea foreal, really??

I'm a grown man and dont play baby games where I have to attack people...Im not hear to cause probs. but to add to this great community!! So at the end of it all... its still all peace and love im cool w/you all!!! :D
  11. travisr528

travisr528 Well-Known Member

drexappeal, Welcome aboard! I want to say I too joined AF for the same reasons you have stated. I was ppcgeeks & xda-forum member since the PPc-6700 days(lol). Then I moved over to the mogul and then the touch pro. I was a big fan of mighty and energy rom's, but like you I agree the win mobile os is going down hill. They (microsoft) are no longer innovative anymore and are not able to keep up with everyone else.

This is where the EVO came into play, I have been following the EVO since the Supersonic days back in January. I can not wait to get my hands on this phone, I have never been this excited for a phone in my life. But like hacking my phones, I look forward to rooting my EVO and checking out all the new great roms.
    drexappeal likes this.
  12. MrViZZiATO

yes so much is going on, and thats good in a way!!! good competition is always welcomed.... just so we can destroy it with the HTC EVO lol.... jk....sorta :p
  13. travisr528

Jackson it's nice to have you over hear, the Sprint forums have gone to c rap. They thirst for your knowledge, but they are so far off from the truth. I am glad you came over here. :D

I was looking at some post you made on I think Sunday or so about another phone possibly causing a push back of the EVO, and being released with the possibility of 2.5. On Monday my friend told me that 2.1 is working fine on the EVO right now, but since Sprint had 2.5 they were going to see if they could get it working so that way the EVO could be released with 2.5 instead. I am confused as to why the other phone would push the EVO release day out more, but who cares. As of Monday they said the release date was unknown but they would have more info in two weeks.

My guess is if Sprint can get 2.5 up and working well soon we will get 2.5 if not then we should get 2.1 with a 2.5 OTA update shortly afterwards.
  14. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

am i the only one thinking the iphone os4 wont be a major threat to the evo? the way i see it, only people with 3gs will upgrade. i personaly dont see anything amazing about it, and maybe i havent read deep enough, but its not 4g? why settle for the iphone when you can get the evo which has so much more?
    travisr528 and MrViZZiATO like this.
  15. ekt8750

ekt8750 Well-Known Member

I agree and since it's just an OS release and not a full fledged device, I don't think even most Appleheads will care much.
  16. MrViZZiATO

BRAVO BRAVO...I TIP MY HAT!!! Those are my thoughts exactly!! its 4g meaning 4th generation not 4g as in speed!!!

im not impressed honestly.....and once again they stuck with that stale old boring ui.....once again features that aren't amazing b/c phones have been doing this for mad long ya know!! HTC EVO FTW!! ;)
    Novoken and billsmed like this.
  17. travisr528

It's still a crappy Iphone. Nothing is going to stand in the way of our EVOlution!!!!
  18. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

and yet im sure my dad has already found some way to pre-order it:rolleyes: he has been brainwashed ever since he got that mac..
  19. SprintFun

The new iPhone will be announced June 27. Every year they showcase the next os in the spring and release the dev kit, then will release a phone with it in late June/early July, with other devices able to get the OS upgrade shortly after.

But no I wasn't overly impressed with 4.0...seems like the new functionality was minimal, and things Android already can do like folders and multitasking

edit: today's apple announcement was only for the OS, not the next iPhone...just to make sure I'm clear.
  20. travisr528

I am sorry for your loss. lol. He wont be able to argue once he see your new bassass EVO. Let us know how that day goes.
  21. (EVO)Lution

(EVO)Lution Well-Known Member

exactly AN OS release i cant see an OS challenging the evo.... but lets see what the hardware specs are from what im hearing the screen res is higher and ffc... as much as everyone wants to bash apple they seem to put out a device that the masses want.. regardless if you haven't drank the appleade yet you prob wont no matter what they release... unless it drops for sprint or someone better than at&t
  22. adolan

adolan Active Member

Thank God my Instinct days are numbered!!!!!!!!
  23. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

Jackson - I asked a while back about which sales channels will be available on launch day. Do you know if it will only be available in Sprint stores and Best Buy? Will it be available online and telesales as well?

24. mogulust

mogulust Well-Known Member

I see what you're saying, but to be honest when I was reading the liveblog from the event I was kind of thinking the opposite. It seems to me that iphone users are being given the additional things they're missing from an experience they already enjoy, and I'm guessing most of them will upgrade to the new device when it's released in June if theirs won't run os4 with all the features in tact. Plus, most of those people probably spent a lot of money on applications for the iphone which they would have to pay for twice if they switched to android. Factor in the habit and familiarity of using itunes and that not transferring to android, and I don't see many switching.

Of course, I wouldn't be caught dead with an iphone and would rather use the beat up old htc winmo device I have any day (and the EVO will be an absolute dream). Just the thought of giving steve jobs any money or having to use itunes, which I despise, makes me nauseas.
  25. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

Welcome adolan. I had the Instinct as well, so I can sympathize.
    adolan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.