• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Flashlight

Hi,

I updated to Gingerbread through HTC development a while back. One of the apps thats missing is the flashlight. Now I managed to find it when I first uodated to gingerbread but following a recent factory reset I can't seem to find it in the market place. Now I know there are hundreds of flashlight apps out there I would like to load the the original one as I just like it better than any others I've tried.
So, does anyone know where I can find it?

Cheers

Hi,

I updated to Gingerbread through HTC development a while back. One of the apps thats missing is the flashlight. Now I managed to find it when I first uodated to gingerbread but following a recent factory reset I can't seem to find it in the market place. Now I know there are hundreds of flashlight apps out there I would like to load the the original one as I just like it better than any others I've tried.
So, does anyone know where I can find it?

Cheers

If you've downloaded the RUU it comes as a zip file, inside which is the RUU and the .apk for the HTC Flashlight app. Once upgraded to Gingerbread transfer the .apk onto your phone via e.g. Bluetooth and open the .apk. You now have the flashlight.

Reactions: adders21
Upvote 0
If you've downloaded the RUU it comes as a zip file, inside which is the RUU and the .apk for the HTC Flashlight app. Once upgraded to Gingerbread transfer the .apk onto your phone via e.g. Bluetooth and open the .apk. You now have the flashlight.

Guys, can you help me out, I'm struggling with this. Where do I get this particular zipped RUU from? I'm not finding it on the HTC Dev site. Once I have found the .apk how do I install it on the phone?
Apologies if I'm being thick!
Big TIA

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones