Official Froyo Has My X Screwed After Official UpdateSupport

Last Updated:

1. whoozthaboss

whoozthaboss Member This Topic's Starter

So I've never modded/rooted my Droid X, right... I do the manual update Settings - About - Update or whatever and it updates. It supposedly finishes and after it reboots I get stuck @ the Motorola "M" screen indefinitely. After that it wouldn't start up @ all and wouldn't respond to anything. So now I'm attempting an SBF root. Is this the right thing to do?

Advertisement
  2. T66T

T66T Well-Known Member

mine updated with no problem but now my phone has become completely unresponsive. nothing opens and i cant make calls at all. pulling the battery doesnt fix it

3. whoozthaboss

Yeah there have been quite a few people with the same problem. Downgrading back to 2.1 doesnt do anything but brick the phone (I'm stuck there now) and people are saying we can only wait for someone to leak a 2.2 SBF... But I can't wait that long. I'm about to call Verizon and complain since its their official update that bricked my phone.

4. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Still no word from birdman or p3Droid

5. rizzy

rizzy Member

I have the same thing. I am stuck on the Motorola M screen and it won't leave that screen.

6. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

Everyone knew the potential risk when installing that leaked 2.2, stop complaining about bricked phones. Verizon will probably do little to help, since it wasn't the official OTA you were running.

7. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

EDIT: WOW, nvm, I didn't read my Twitter this morning before posting this.

8. domdym

domdym Member

My x updated fine but the wifi is still glitchy..... I was hoping it would connect as easy as my wifes d2

9. domdym

domdym Member

Finally got wifi working. ....... 15 mbps!!!!! Download 1.4-3.0 upload.

10. rmcf

rmcf Well-Known Member

Stuck on the "M" screen since last night and i never rooted or anything. It seems i can still unlock the screen. But thats about it. I'm going to head to Verizon later as this is ridiculous.

11. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

Update worked except for it doesn't recognize my SD card anymore. Rebooting didn't fix it either.

12. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Well-Known Member

He didn't install the leaked 2.2, he installed the OTA, it hung at Moto's M, and when he tried to SBF so he could get a useable phone that he paid for, it bricked because Moto killed that functionality. How is Verizon NOT the stem of his grief? I would call and get a new phone ASAP.

13. rdillz

rdillz Well-Known Member

Who said anything about a leaked version? Did you even read the comment you quoted before blurting out this nonsense? He said he downloaded the official ota update!

14. whoozthaboss

Didn't say anything about a leaked anything bruh. I'm one of the few that kept my phone completely stock with the sole purpose of NOT having my phone bricked for potential updates.