Official Full Optimus V Driver Download From LGGeneral

Last Updated:

1. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. rubejb

rubejb Well-Known Member

Quick question...

I just bought an Optimus V and hooked it up to my Windows 7 computer. It seemed to install the drivers automatically. It will both charge and work with data transfer.

So what are these drivers for? Older systems that won't auto install? Or should I be installing them anyway for something extra?

Thanks!
  3. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any added functionality (yet) from the LG drivers, but some may need them, so I posted the link. They're also handy to have in case the normal install glitches for whatever reason, and I believe they provide the modem driver needed by programs like PDANet and EasyTether, if you install one of those programs.
  4. toronado455

toronado455 Well-Known Member

I haven't installed any drivers on my PC (WinXP). The USB connection works fine with the phone powered on, and I'm able to access the SD card in the phone from Windows as you normally would.

But if the phone is turned off and I connect the USB cable, then I get a pop up dialog from Windows asking me to install drivers, device not recognized, etc. If I install the LG driver, will that get rid of that pop up in Windows?