***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r4yN

r4yN Well-Known Member

i stil think they will unveal the iphone 5... i mean, we've all seen many new cases for a wider and thinner iPhone with a new design... i doubt that they were all fake...
  2. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to make of it. The lower left half is a ragged region of pure black RGB(0,0,0) where virtually all of the rest of the black is slightly off. Maybe a matte finish w/no direct light or flash could do that.

I found it odd that you couldn't make out the background rectangle across where the buttons are. No backlight or other screen bleed, a perfect black there?

In any case, it was edited w/Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 for Macintosh (apparently this morning), which probably doesn't tell us anything.
  3. eyetek

eyetek Well-Known Member

Yah but the funny thing was when they went to show the power of the GPU with live gaming it wouldn't work...they had to move on....lol
  4. NFL

NFL New Member

I'm taking back my Bionic later today. The Apple guy actually said:

"I don't know what Droid Bionic customers have to do between taking pictures... like, go get coffee."
  5. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

As an android fan I hate to admit it, but Moto really dropped ball on Bionic camera and it's crap compared to iPhone camera. It's giving Apple something to take shot at android. Apple did good job on iPhone4 camera and 4S seems even better. Only Sasmung can match or outdo them in camera department. Hope Pirme's camera is just as good or better.
  6. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

Here's the photo w/color curve cranked wayyyy up. Judge for yourself.

Attached Files:

7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Well, you gotta admit: it's thin and purdy:

Shiny New Apple? Tim Cook Unveils New IPhone 4S | Fox News

But if it's 3G only, iFolks will be stuck in the technological stone age with it.

EDIT: Son pointed out that the picture in the article appears to be a Macbook Air. Goes to show what I know about Apple products :p
  8. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Knowing 3G iPhone5 won't hold candle next to dual core HD LTE android phones, they probably scrapped 3G iPhone5 and are trying to stuff LTE radio into it for releasing next year.
  9. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Seems to me there may have been some editing that occured. Not only basing that on the above pic but the original seems to have an area in the lower left corner of the actual screen itself that has a different shade to it. It's somewhat rounded in shape and has a dark gray hue which is out of place even if there is a shadow IMO.

HOWEVER, even if it was doctored, I'm not saying it's a fake pic of the phone. Maybe they had a reason for wanting to touch up that area alone. I'm just hanging out for now awaiting a second pic. At this point, I still feel good about things.
  10. rrhartjr

rrhartjr Well-Known Member

It's the theoretical max of HSDPA.. not surprising, but definitely not 4G
  11. kastleberg

kastleberg Well-Known Member

I think that's it. No iphone 5 it seems.
  12. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Nope, no iPhone 5. Wow.

Apple = EPIC failure
  13. kastleberg

kastleberg Well-Known Member

Totally. I wonder what's up with that.
  14. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I think that's pretty consistent with a deep shadow. I'm not convinced in the least that it's a fake
  15. eyetek

eyetek Well-Known Member

That's what I've been trying to tell you guys...No iPhone 5 and a huge opportunity for Samsung/Google/Verizon!

I was not impressed and can't imagine even if you were a iPhone zombie you would upgrade for those specs....but I know they will sell a ton to some of them.
  16. the7nd

the7nd Well-Known Member

That was underwhelming. I would be impressed with the Siri software, but I don't really know who uses voice software out in public or at home even. The camera feature seemed to be the biggest improvement for the new iPhone but a it is really only slightly better than other cameras out there on phone.

This is Google's opportunity to do some damage.
  17. rastataoist

rastataoist Member

The only time that's useful is driving in a car by yourself. Plus, I think Android has most of the important voice commands covered. "Navigate to [insert local bar here]".
    BlueBiker likes this.
  18. Spittal

Spittal Member

The Nexus Prime (please, please be named the Nexus Prime) just got a lot more attractive to the average consumer.

I'm a Nexus fanboy, and would've bought it no matter what, but now.... now it's looking like it can make a HUGE splash. I'm excited to see what's going to happen on the 11th.
  19. rrhartjr

20. Thejungle

Thejungle Well-Known Member

I'll be surprised. If they won't show iPhone 5 today, they will in next few months, it is just a trap for Android world - Android fans are now cellebrating 'fail', Google unveils Nexus Prime, and everybody think it's just the end of Apple succes.

And then they announce iPhone 5 that simply shatters Android world in dust. I'm afraid it is going to happen soon. Apple is not stupid, they now what Google tries to achieve.

Believe me.
  21. rrhartjr

iPhone 5 next year with LTE and 720p screen, book it..

Nexus Prime next month, just sayin...

Twitter
    kcs7272 likes this.
  22. GoogleFanBoy

GoogleFanBoy Well-Known Member

I really think Apple actually had "big plans" for an iPhone 5, but once they got wind of the things Samsung/Google are working on they went back to the drawing boards. I'll be that's even why they're calling it 4S because they would be embarrassed to pretend like it was a real upgrade.

With that said, it will sell like gangbusters because iPhone users don't care about it's specs. I don't mean that in a bad way either. It's just that most iPhone users want something simple that works well. They don't care about all the stuff that we care about :)
  23. Spittal

Spittal Member

They are a different breed from you and I.

I try not to bad mouth Apple, or the iPhone because it's a solid device that works well. It's just not the experience I want in a phone.
    jrob007 and Steven58 like this.
  24. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Sorry Jungle, I love your crazy rantings, but I disagree. Even if they did wait "a few months", they'd lose a huge market share to Prime in the meantime.

I don't think fanboi's will be getting their iPhone 5 til next summer. Poor idiots.
  25. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

The iPhone 5, if and when it appears, will be a rockin' device. Like Spittal says, though, it's definitely not my cup of tea...not at all. I don't think that Android or Apple will be killing each other off anytime soon.
    jrob007 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.