***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2011-12-15 17:55:59
  1. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Love Keurig! I am a Donut Shop guy, every morning.

Advertisement
    BabyBlues likes this.
  2. tswany11

tswany11 Member

At this point Rob would sell the phone faster then the Verizon Rep....
  3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

THAT is very apparent. I love that they're doing the chat but its sooooooooo slow.
  4. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

So the one question that got filtered in so far is:

Seriously?
  5. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

6. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

I like to change it up - Jet Fuel, Wake Up Call, Barista Prima Espresso Roast...just about any coffee that can practically walk to the cup under it's own power. ;)
  7. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Why would they let a question like this through?

Edit: Seeing the response it was obviously a softball so they could talk about the double data promo they're running right now.
  8. Puppa

Puppa Well-Known Member

Nothing on the racks, but I didn't engage the reps at all, so they may have some in the back room.
  9. AntimonyER

Haha I was gonna respond sounds like a set-up question, but then I see you edited your post.
  10. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

Because when they reveal that there's no price difference between 3G and 4G, Verizon seem like saints, that's why. And they can promote the double data offer.

Ugh, slow day, and I'm sooooo bored.
    Like, this bored:
    Marshmallow People - YouTube
  11. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

It's a softball promo question. Argh.

I guess this is a "Jay Leno" interview.
  12. BabyBlues

I lol'd out loud at this. Probably because I feel the same.

Green Mountain Rain Forest Nut.
    although the Apple Cider that one of the companies put out is delicious

I think most of us do which is why we'll suffer through 'amazing' a billion times and Rob's non 4g typing speeds.
  13. Khatmandu

Khatmandu Well-Known Member

Depends on the company's focus I think. Right out of college while waiting for my job to start up, I worked the Christmas season for a catalog company as an order taker at a 'cattle-center'. We were instructed to take customer requests for items not in the current catalogs seriously and to pass them up the chain of command. Often, these requests were for items in old catalogs we didn't have in stock any more, but they'd typically see if they could get some in or if there were any hanging out at a retail location we could ship to the customer.

But Verizon may not care so much about what its customers want, unfortunately seems to be the way a lot of companies are these days.
  14. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I'm not watching the chat, nor do I care to but I can't crap on the RAZR beyond the silly spelling of its name.

I think it's an excellent looking phone, better than the GNex and I really like that they've tried to protect it and make it a bit water resistant. As a smoker, I often use my phone outside so that would be a boon. Even if Kevlar is gimmicky, I imagine it feels better than the plastic we're going to get.

If it was another Nexus device, I think I'd probably end up with one instead. Not thrilled with a non-removable battery but that's a wash with no SD card. My DX is a freaking tank, the RAZR seems to be of the same lineage.

All that aside, the RAZR is bloated and coated and I just want the gooey centre (used the British non-US spelling to give it a little class). Bring on the GNex!
  15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Rob just redeemed himself.

TheRoosevelt likes this.
  16. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

I'm old I can't drink like that anymore :(

I still try though :)
  17. AntimonyER

Ahahaha, well good to know we called him out on the softball Q
  18. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Haha, they just commented on the softball claims, now they're asking about the non-removable battery. That's up a couple of notches ;)

Edit: I'm going to stop trying, Hans is a ninja master :p
  19. AntimonyER

Good question!
  20. BabyBlues

trav473 likes this.
  21. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

Comment From Joe
    Re: Battery. What do you guys suggest if the phone freezes and the battery is not removable?

That was my question! DOH! I just said a lot more so they didnt pick it :(

Answer:
    Mike: If the device were to freeze, you can hold the power button and volume down for 10 seconds and the device will soft reset.
  22. BabyBlues

I can.....it just hurts a lot more for longer afterwards.
    dawnierae likes this.
  23. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

Why would anyone expect this chat to be "hard hitting" or adversarial? This is, in essance, a big advertisement for Verizon and the RAZR. If people would see it for what it is, then they wouldn't be disappointed. I'm not knocking it, but when has anyone ever seen something like this, that asked the tough questions, or gave really specific honest answers. Not going to happen. A question about the SGN will get through and the answer will be to the effect of "it's coming, and we'll announce it before the end of the year"
  24. AntimonyER

I don't think an SGN Q will get through, this is dedicated to the RAZR.

Now a question that might get answered is "Why should we choose the RAZR over some of the other upcoming offerings that VZW has announced"

edit: I went ahead and asked this Q
    Highwayman likes this.
  25. BabyBlues

Isn't the power button + volume rocker how some phones go into hboot? Or am I imagining that? (Believe me, I could be - I've only done it once)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.