1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Awesome article -- thanks.

I have a lot of respect for Josh Topolsky and it's awesome to see this article from him.
  2. burntorangefan

burntorangefan Well-Known Member

durango,

I don't doubt you at all, but I also don't understand this point. Perhaps I'm not as sensitive as many members regarding screen quality, but I've looked at the RAZR screen several times now, watching videos, surfing the net and other stuff and I can read the screen just fine. Text looks clear and nice and color saturation is nice. It's not a BRIGHT screen if outdoor / sunlight is an issue for you, but I don't get people's obsession with pixelation, especially on this phone. If I hold my face about 2 inches from the screen I can see pixels. If i'm surfing normally I really can't. Sorry to be the weird one in the group, but if I'm just doing all the "normal stuff" on the phone, the screen looks beautiful to me. Just my 2 cents.
  3. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

4. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Han you gotta wait bro!

Good things come to those who wait. ;)
  5. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Well-Known Member

^^-------THIS. Except I'm much more worried about caving in to THIS.
  6. tpags

tpags Well-Known Member

Stay strong counselor!!
  7. nirvanayoda

nirvanayoda Well-Known Member

I'm also intrigued by the thought of staying with AT&T and getting a Skyrocket. I hate the thought of losing my unlimited data by switching to Verizon. And, of course, there's always the messy situation of switching phones when traveling abroad.

With that being said, I'm not sure I'd be able to tolerate the 800x480 resolution after coming from an iPhone 4. It's too bad they didn't release the Skyrocket as the HD LTE GS2.

Also, as an aside, I just called my local Verizon store to make sure the associate I bought my Galaxy Tab 2 weeks ago from would be there (he's supposed to add my company discount if I bring in a check stub). When the recording answered the phone, it talked about the RAZR for 15 seconds. Then when I got a representative, she answered the phone with "Thank you for calling Verizon Wireless where you can purchase the Razr, the world's thinnest phone, as soon as 11:11 AM tomorrow, so can I help you with any questions about the Razr?" or something similar. They're pretty serious about that phone...
  8. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I'm 100% with you as are others, however, there is a pretty sizeable group of people who are hypersensitive to what they see when viewing a pentile screen. I do believe strongly that both sides hold valid and honest points and because of this the need to see a device in real life before making a purchase. Of course it could be returnable as well if the said item was web-only offerred. Horses for courses as always
    burntorangefan likes this.
  9. darkestred

darkestred Well-Known Member

Devils advocate

Cloud this cloud that. No SD support doesn't mean you can't have the same functionality as having an SD slot. I personally would rather take the 5-15 minutes to unload whats on my phone for usage in the upcoming days or whatever than to have to constantly change cards/ pay for more space. I just find it silly to waste money on multiple sd cards for what purpose exactly? To have another 32 gigs of things you might use 1% of and then put it back in?

I think people are taking too much of a hording stance or materialistic approach of over-necessity. Then people start becoming attached to their digital files that they might look at one time in a year, but if they dont have it on a backup in the their pocket...

Personally both phones are super thin and both are super light. If you can't wait for the phone. Then get the razr. Get the Rezound or wait for the next best thing. Technology isn't going anywhere. No need to become impatient.
    wittcap79 and BabyBlues like this.
  10. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

My brother just got a Skyrocket yesterday, I took a look at it and thought the screen was great! He is still learning (another Iphone4 convert). I would have to root it and get rid of the samsung touchwiz though. couldn't stand that. lol
  11. rpretzel

rpretzel Well-Known Member

OK, so I officially submitted a vacation request for November 17th and 18th - The 17th to buy the GNex and the 18th to spend all day admiring it and figuring out all the cool things it does. I have spoken.
  12. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Can you put the kabash on it if it comes out on the 21st as web only? Hope so man.
  13. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I would hope we would be able to turn it off. ALso it would probably be battery neutral or better if you are on LTE, as wi-fi uses way way less.
  14. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Well-Known Member

Because I was hoping a week out VZW would leak something. Wasn't expecting an official announcement, just something to solidify the rumors one way or another.

I'm obsessive.

I'm compulsive.

I'm at the nexus of the galaxy and my head is about to explode!
  15. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member

moto bootloader says no!!!!
    jbdan likes this.
  16. trav473

I'll bet it doesn't take long for a dev to figure out how to get 2nd Init going on that thing and have an AOSP rom ready.
  17. brain85

brain85 Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for ANYONE who caves in and buys a phone without ice cream sandwich.

What a waste of an upgrade that would be.
  18. overbyc1

overbyc1 Well-Known Member

True, but its just the fact, they we shouldnt have to. Its our phone dammit!
  19. overbyc1

Makes for 2 short weeks in a row, either way! Nice.
  20. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

ok, I'm going for it...26k?
  21. trav473

I agree with you totally on this!
  22. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

...26000 for me!?!?
  23. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

Ok, 1 more try for 26k!
  24. overbyc1

26k!

Yay! Let's celebrate.

[​IMG]
    wittcap79, BabyBlues, Ninjak and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.