***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrob007

jrob007 Well-Known Member

My bet is nothing till Tuesday the 15th.
  2. Xigalu

Xigalu Active Member

Hi! I have been lurking for a few days but thought I would finaly register. The Galaxy Nexus will be my first smart phone. I am excited to get one some day!
    Did anyone catch this post over on the RAZR forum on "A closer look at the Droid RAZR's screen"? FragDroidX says their Verizon rep stopped by their office yesterday and let them see a RAZR, Galaxy Nexus and a Rezound. He asked about the release date on the GNexus and got this answer:
    FragDroidX;
    "He said the release would be November 21st for online orders with in store release December 1st. He did point out that the release date has changed several times and could change again."
    What do you think?
    breadnatty08, Steven58 and EarlyMon like this.
  3. Interestingman

Interestingman Well-Known Member

It's so rewarding to now see Nov. 17 in the 7-day forecast... This is finally really happening.
  4. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I think we say welcome to the forums, and specifically our corner of the nut house.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  5. Gandalf7

Gandalf7 Well-Known Member

I guess I am dating myself, but I remember that. Hilarious!
    EarlyMon likes this.
  6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Welcome xigalu!
    EarlyMon likes this.
  7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums, Xiglu! :)
  8. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

Don't know who FDX is and don't really care now that we got three sources from our Mod Steven58 who are all saying the 17th. However, I would like to say WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Join in on the craziness that we are all accumulating while we wait for this legendary device!
  9. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Oh man, I go for a few drinks and some dinner after work and now we have more sources confirming the 17th?? Awesome news! Did I miss anything else?!? :)
  10. Xigalu

Xigalu Active Member

Thanks, everyone! I look forward to spending some time in these forums, especially once I have my phone. I don't want to miss out on any of the awsome functionality.
    EarlyMon and kegerino like this.
  11. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

I've been calling, e-mailing, and going to Verizon Store but they're very firm on their stance of not allowing me to upgrade any earlier. I have a Droid X with buttons that are wearing out and is becoming frustrating to use and I explained my situation to them but I still will have to pay the full retail price for a new phone if I wanted to upgrade. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be getting a Galaxy Nexus. :( My upgrade date is in March 2012 since I bought a Droid X at launch.
  12. Gravytrain

Gravytrain Well-Known Member

Am I the only one strongly fighting off the temptation to buy the razr for $111 on amazon... Damn that's a great price
    edstewbob likes this.
  13. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

I have been contemplating it...it is such an amazing deal! $200 less on launch day....ah man I just don't know...
  14. wittcap79

wittcap79 Active Member

That's really interesting. I thought the SGS2 is actually just a tad wider than the GNex, and is not that much taller. I think personally the width is really what makes a phone more comfortable or uncomfortable.

My neighbor just got an SGS2 so I've been playing with it for a week or so. The size of it doesn't really bother me, so I don't think I'll have any prob with the GNex.
  15. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

I did the same thing, got my X on launch day, but I am lucky that I am on a family plan with old people who don't want to change their phone, so I actually get 3 upgrades a year if I want. I wonder why they wont upgrade you...
  16. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I'm The Messenger, not The Source. ;)
    jrob007 likes this.
  17. Gravytrain

Can you add a line to purchase it through amazon??
  18. Gravytrain

That's when you use your insurance claim wisely by giving the phone a good bath.. Hah
  19. Steven58

We really appreciate new folks. Thanks for signing up! Feel free to chime in the madness. :D
  20. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that the $111 price is most likely for brand new lines. I remember when Amazon was offering the big price breaks on the Bionic right after it released, the renewal price was more. About $50 more.

Now if you could get it for $161, that's still a helluva deal, but there's no telling. Still wouldn't settle for the RAZR personally, but I sure hope some similar deals come out for the SGN on release day!
  21. Namrak

Namrak Well-Known Member

Was browsing the razr "my order got shipped" thread and I felt a twinge of jealousy. Cmon already Verizon!
  22. Gravytrain

Same here... I can't Wait to get this charge off my hands...
  23. Steven58

Slowed down in here.
  24. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Try using my 500mhz Hero for a few days telling me that the memory is full with almost nothing installed on it. It crashes whenever I'm in an app and the phone rings! Blah... can't stinkin' wait until next Friday!!!
  25. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Get some more sources and we'll get this party rockin' again :D
    EarlyMon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.