• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'm not amused in the least.

Posting faked images, even as a joke, to get people's hopes up is just as bad as people posting fake photos to start a new rumor. It isn't nice or funny, IMO. The only thing this does is let people down after their hopes are up or just make them angry. This thread has been going on for a long time without this kind of thing happening and it has been the better for it. I also don't appreciate having to come into a thread first thing in the morning and start deleting posts and handing out infractions.

If you want to show off your photo shop or gimp skills then enter the logo contest.

Agreed!

Upvote 0
News from the RAZR camp, read it from TOP to BOTTOM, don't forget to read the fine print :p:D

attachment.php

i figured since we were fabricating things might as well have some fun.

Attachments

• Hilarity.jpg
    Hilarity.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0

Posting faked images, even as a joke, to get people's hopes up is just as bad as people posting fake photos to start a new rumor. It isn't nice or funny, IMO. The only thing this does is let people down after their hopes are up or just make them angry. This thread has been going on for a long time without this kind of thing happening and it has been the better for it. I also don't appreciate having to come into a thread first thing in the morning and start deleting posts and handing out infractions.

If you want to show off your photo shop or gimp skills then enter the logo contest.

I would press the thank button but my forum OCD got the better of me, and I think I'll keep my 200 thanks :p
But seriously, I felt safe posting again because I don't have 300 posts anymore :D

Yay mods!

Reactions: DH in DC
Upvote 0

I found it freaking hilarious. Some people need to lighten up a bit ;)

Upvote 0
My daughter keeps asking me when I'm getting a new phone. She's almost as excited for the GNex as I am, because she gets my DX.

Sad part is, she's only 6! :eek:

No, the phone won't be activated. Just for her to listen to music and play games.

Doing the same thing for my 5yo: Giving her my D'Incredible with the Zoodles app instead of a LeapPad.

Reactions: nj02vette
Upvote 0
Off Topic:

I've seen them three times now. Unfortunately, this was my least favorite. The light show is amazing and they perform the songs perfectly. I was disappointed in their song selection. If you like older Pink Floyd...Sid Barrett older...you'll be happy. The second time I saw them they did The Wall in it's entirety and that was great. They only did a couple from that album this time. One spoiler: they open with Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Gave me chills.

Really, you're gonna love it. It's a top notch production.

Thanks! I do like Sid's halucinatory creativeness, but their bread and butter was after he flipped out imo. Love Shine on it's about Mr Barret ;)

Upvote 0
Doing the same thing for my 5yo: Giving her my D'Incredible with the Zoodles app instead of a LeapPad.

Sometimes there is a twitch that worries me when kids so young have access to so much tech -- my philosophy of technology class isbt helping that. But with that said, seeing as tech is changing so fast, is nearly 100% unavoidable, and parents are mindful and responsible in using it as a learning tool (in all aspects of the word) I think sharing a fun hobby with your kids is awesome.

Upvote 0
Dear AF,
You need a sense of humor. BTW, in case you're wondering (and you know you are) here is the infraction.

Go ahead and remove my account. You clearly need to get a life. I have been a good contributor to this forum for almost 2 years. You truly have no understanding of how to lighten up. It was written as a joke, intended as a joke, at NO TIME was ever presented as a fact. Wield you little power as you will. Explain to me how harassing CSR's, or most any other "off topic" (which by the way accounts for at least 20% of all posts in this thread) are any different than what I posted. Truth is, you didn't think it was funny, you have "mod power" lol and you exercised it. Have fun with that. Oh no, what ever will I do without AF? LOL

I hate to say it, but I don't think you're really helping your case here, buddy.

Upvote 0
Sometimes there is a twitch that worries me when kids so young have access to so much tech -- my philosophy of technology class isbt helping that. But with that said, seeing as tech is changing so fast, is nearly 100% unavoidable, and parents are mindful and responsible in using it as a learning tool (in all aspects of the word) I think sharing a fun hobby with your kids is awesome.

Very good point. I think that, like anything, it's important to use technology in moderation. For us this means being aware of the time she spends in front of *any* screen and making sure that screen time is balanced by other activities.

And so this remains on topic: I wonder how long it'll take her to start asking for my phone...

Upvote 0
Guys, I think I got karma'd for screwing with the Windsock. My text chime just chimed, I go to turn the screen on my Droid, and it won't turn on!

I pulled the battery, rebooted (and I know it rebooted because I felt the little trembling it does when I reboot), but nothing. Complete darkness.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I had this happen a few times with my replacement OG. Try pulling the battery and leaving it out for about a minute before putting it back in.

Upvote 0
Just as a general aside, nothing about any specific post here, I just want to thank the Mods, in particular Steven, OTD, and Early, for keeping this place as clean as possible.

I know that my own sense of humor or way of thinking might rub some the wrong way, and I've gotten my share of little spankings, but I appreciate it, because it keeps this forum as awesome as it is, and the best Nexus site on the planet.

If it wasn't for these great mods we have, we'd be the same as other unmentionable sites where you can't even ask a question without being ridiculed or beaten down.

Just giving a genuine and sincere thanks to the Mods.

:)

Upvote 0

Very good point. I think that, like anything, it's important to use technology in moderation. For us this means being aware of the time she spends in front of *any* screen and making sure that screen time is balanced by other activities.

And so this remains on topic: I wonder how long it'll take her to start asking for my phone...

We try the same thing. I try to show my daughter that technology in all it's forms is good but that a balance is doing other things as well. Now - with winter approaching it's hard because we do give her more 'screen' time because it's too cold to be outside for long.
My problem is going to be after Christmas when she gets her phone - I'll have to watch my usage around her so she doesn't get the idea that it's ok to be obsessive. :D

Upvote 0

Monkey see monkey do as thy say! Im betting they'll start making their plans for future pouting on day 1! I know I would. I.blame my adult addiction on Inspector Gadget and Penny's notebook computer. I was the first kid I.knew to get a smart phone when I was 19 or so.

My juvenile fixation is probably why Im starting to get impatient and cranky again... I have had a few its of whining 'but I want my Gnex nooooooooow' while pouting and stomping my feet. :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones