Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. dakster

dakster Well-Known Member

My vote is for "The Nyan Cat has landed!"

2. JC13

JC13 Well-Known Member

I went to the Verizon store during lunch and they only have models of the RAZR and not the real thing. I was surprised that it didn't feel awkward or too wide in my hands as I don't have the biggest ones at a tall 5'5". It was a bit heavier than I expected. In any case, it didn't sway me from the GNex.

The GNex is the chosen one.
  3. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

OK, I'm gonna use "Oops, I crapped my pants"

I've only had to use it once before in Real Life so the chances of it popping up again while wating for the GNex is slim, unless of course, the sale of the GNex prompts me to crap my pants. In either case we're safe, the phone would be on sale. The only question would be whether or not I really crapped my pants.
    jbdan, drbugsmn, lennyk1313 and 4 others like this.
  4. GMK83

GMK83 Well-Known Member

You guys are all very silly. Verizon isn't going to delay the release of a phone to sell more of another phone. They've signed a contract with these manufacturers committing them to X number of units. They both need to sell as VZW has capital tied up in the hardware on both units.
    jbdan likes this.
  5. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

I only fear the worst for the release of this phone...I can definitely see Big Red pushing the release date back further to sell more RAZR's if they really aren't selling well. I can't stand this anymore it's making me go nuts!
  6. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I was good with the phrase.....until the fact that you've used it before in Real Life.....thank you for the iced tea on my desk via my nose. :D
  7. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

I didn't mean it in that sense. It's not the VZW favors the RAZR... It favors selling off stock and getting the best possible price for it... If VZW is stuck sitting on a bunch of RAZR's it wants to get rid of them before it brings in more phones... This is why they were pushing the Bionic so hard the past couple months...
  8. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

I literally just spit diet coke out my nose laughing at this. It kinda hurt, but in a tingly, do-it-again kind of way.
    drbugsmn and woodraskam like this.
  9. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Everyone's crapped their pants :p true you may have been 1-2 years old but still :)
  10. dawnierae

I swear to [insert the deity of your choosing here], we are related.
  11. BabyBlues

See - just what Elle and I were saying - you have to be related too

So true. Some may have been older....not judging cause accidents happen......:p
  12. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

So, I'm fully expecting to be completely in love with my SGN for 2 years. HOWEVER, there are some variables, like if it's too big, or I don't like the Pentile, or ICS is a disappointment, etc. etc. etc.

Given that I already returned one device during the 14 day window back in July and am sitting on a one-shot deal with Verizon, if it's available at Best Buy I may go that route.

A couple of questions:

1. Would they be able to apply my $50 loyalty discount?

2. If I hated it and I returned it within the 30 days allowed by Best Buy, would I be charged a stocking fee?

3. Would I be able to return it within the 30 day return period and get a totally different phone if I wanted?

I'm sure I won't actually need to put this into practice, but I like to have my bases covered just in case.
  13. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

I wondered about this. It appears to be a free VZ service. Thought about doing it as well.
  14. dawnierae

You change your mind more than any woman I know. Is there something you need to tell us? :p:D;):D;):p
    Crashumbc likes this.
  15. Travillion

Travillion Well-Known Member

That's one problem we don't have with the G-Nex... ;)
  16. kfactor2056

kfactor2056 Member

I like to to come this thread for some humor. You all made my day. Gonna end the day on a high note and take off the rest of the day with a smile on my face.

Have great weekend everyone! :)
    jbdan likes this.
  17. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Not sure if BB allows no.3 above. I hope Costco carries GNex in store.
  18. dawnierae

I use it, and it works well. For some reason, on my DX, my caller ID and GoSMS don't always recognize my Google contacts, so in order for the name and picture to come up when I get a call, or to be able to find the contact for texting, I have to have a phone contact. And yes, it's free as long as you have a MyVerizon login.
  19. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure. They're gonna want to stop the bleeding.
  20. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I don't think so. . . . .nope. I'm decisive on the most important things in life: who I married, what I do for a living, what dogs I have, and what I want to eat.

Gadgets, motorcycles, and vacations? I'm extremely wishy washy. It drives my wife nuts.
    connormoore725 and dawnierae like this.
  21. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Unfortunately YankeeDudeL (works at Costo mobile department and is a fellow geek) says that Costco will only take orders at the store, and it will have to be shipped to you. He doesn't know the release date any more than we do.
  22. TheRoosevelt

TheRoosevelt Well-Known Member

:eek: Another BB!! :p
    Sandroidfan likes this.
  23. BabyBlues

Glad we can help! Enjoy your weekend as well!!

Sure I'D allow it. :D
  24. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Well, that could be his Costco only, not nationwide. Even so, they will probably get GNex in store at some point soon.
  25. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

They must be pretty pissed at Amazon for selling the RAZR to new customers for $111 then ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.