***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Not for one minute do I believe VZ hates the Nexus or even dislikes it.

Advertisement
    dr01d3tte likes this.
  2. dr01d3tte

dr01d3tte Well-Known Member

Verizon doesn't hate Nexus. There are always tradeoffs in products and the GNex has a significant NPV for Verizon. Companies are brutally non-emotional about what products they go with.

Edit: now the people *in* the companies get emotional about the products their company works on, but the people making the decisions do so with cold numbers. I've seen awesome products (in my industry) not get marketed because the NPV didn't play out. I've seen so-so products get fast-tracked because the market was there to be had.
    Crashumbc and EarlyMon like this.
  3. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

Welcome. Like I mentioned to someone else earlier today, If your girlfriend and you both get GNex you'll be able to use the Andriod Beam feature in ICS. I think that's a pretty cool feature. I won't have anyone to beam with. :(
    taxtherich and jbdan like this.
  4. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

But they feel uncomfortable moving too fast, and would prefer to just be good friends. Strictly Platonic.
    Highwayman, EKG, tdub88 and 2 others like this.
  5. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

The phone charms look nice thinking about an Eeyore for my wife :p
  6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Yeah can't wait to beam red thanks for reminding about this feature!
  7. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Okay, I texted my sister thusly:

(and yes, my wife actually did say I need to see someone for this, just not her.)

She texted back thusly:

I texted back thusly:
    She texted back thusly:
    I’m excited, guys! I’m very excited!
    rpretzel, nexus15, sophocles and 45 others like this.
  8. dr01d3tte

You are seeing someone about this. About 450 of your closest friends who have the same issue ;)
  9. nbajam

nbajam Well-Known Member

VZW is as much in the content delivery business as they are in the business of selling phone lines. They would prefer that they control everything regarding your phone experience, such as VZNavigator, VZAppstore, V-Cast, V-whatever else they decide to cram on the phone. Remember back to the days of dumbphones where Verizon controlled everything that went on the phone. It's obvious the Nexus makes them extremely nervous.

Agreed, although they're never "obligated" to give us anything. For most of this year, they gave us just that...nothing...ore more specifically, last year's technology at this year's prices.
  10. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

We have a special thread. It's massive, so we have to be extra careful about being polite and considerate. Early mentioned this in an earlier PSA. The PSA is about being considerate to others who have different android phones. It's being ignored.

One way we show contempt is by using negative names for other phones like the Razr or Rezound. Early was trying to get that point across, but folks haven't picked up on it. So.. I'm tellin' you guys. Stop it, please.
    CaptainRon, Puppa and dr01d3tte like this.
  11. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Group therapy!
  12. woodraskam

Thanks so much Han for this info. I'm also very excited, let me/us all know whenever you find out any additional specs about her.

Also any information on the phone is appreciated.:p
  13. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

You guys really need to stop burying these warnings and "PSA" in this thread and put them in the very first post of the thread.
    Cam and BiggestManEver like this.
  14. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

Okay... stay with me on this. We are expecting the launch on the 17th. Google announces an event on the 16th. Even if it is just about Google music... it is still on the 16th... coincidence? I think not. So maybe they are holding an event due to the Euro launch... nope... the event is in LA. If it was in anticipation of the Euro launch, it would be in Wales or something?

My guess is that Verizon will have already begun selling the phone at that time or will have given us a firm date (of the 17th) at that time. Just seems too much right on to all be a weird coincidence.
  15. Crayon

Crayon Well-Known Member

The event is with T-Mobile.
  16. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

With all due respect to the Mods, I do agree with the notion that these PSA’s would be useful in the OP.

Many new members are coming in, and a lot of people actually have lives and don’t read every page. It would be disappointing for them to refer jokingly to the HTC device with a name that I or others created and get penalized for it, if they didn’t read the PSA’s and did it to be funny.
    Crashumbc likes this.
  17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

We trust that the people making minor mistakes will see these announcements in the normal course of posting and that that is better than trying to overconstrain the OP with re-interpretations of our most fundamental directive around here -

Please be polite. :) ;)

When everyone thoughtfully follows that directive, mod words from us are not really necessary at all.
  18. rafier

rafier Well-Known Member

Random thought crosses my thoughts, entering slowly....

VZW marketing will absolutely go crazy over this phone for the following:

Nerds, like me, will love it,
    The next "new" apps will be developed on it for their network
    LTE will make it mind blowing
    The soft keys make it a "clean" looking screen
    It is marketing genius
    It compliments the Razr and Rezound making for a great holiday trifecta!
  19. darejer

darejer Well-Known Member

1. They couldn't be that obvious and have it with VZW (if it is about Google music)
    2. Probably some special intro promo where T-Mo peeps get $5 in free music or something.
  20. dr01d3tte

21. th0r615

th0r615 Well-Known Member

I think they are just announcing the Google Music thing as soon as they can... this deal has been in the works for YEARS and since its finally happening they want it out there as soon as possible. I think it has little to do with the Nexus.
  22. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

If the Nexus is delayed past the 17th...are there any ideas what the reasons might be?

Last minute spec bumps? ICS?
  23. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I’m sure I’m missing something, but I’m not understanding all this Google Music thing. How could they be announcing a release of Google Music when a bunch of us are already using it?
  24. woodraskam

It's just strange that you get 3 software keyboard phones all with Huge displays, all high end price range....someone had to drop the ball here. You usually don't see 3 phones all in the generally same category launched by the same carrier within the same 10 days.

Unusual is all.
  25. Gandalf7

Gandalf7 Well-Known Member

And what help we are!!!
    dr01d3tte likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.