***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

Yeah I have my doubts, but I'm holding on to hope! :D

Also, I am sure you all have probably already seen this, but there is an extended video of the 1080p from the Nexus that was displayed when ICS was announced.

https://plus.google.com/111962077049890418486/posts/EJxn8T21H5o
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I got it, but you'd be surprised how many people would have read that seriously! :D :p
    drbugsmn likes this.
  3. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

I actually just chatted with my buddy who works at ATT and asked him if you guys get training and accessories, how long after that is usually the release of the phone? He said usually within a week, sometimes within days, and rarely beyond a week, but did say it has happened before. Sometimes 2 weeks. But from what other people are saying, I think I am back on board with the 17th.
  4. IgnatiusXIX

IgnatiusXIX Well-Known Member

This sort of behavior is the number one reason I never actively join forums. I dont know why I decided to jump in here when I did. Sometimes its really a pain to read some of the crap that winds up on here... whether its modded out or not.

I guess I finally pulled the trigger and joined because of the radically new OS we'll be seeing. I assume having easy access and communication with the AF community would aid in learning and maximizing ICS's potential.
  5. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

<<<< I just realized I'm a regular member now!!! :D

Although I'm not quite sure if I should consider that a good or bad thing. It may just mean this forum has consumed too much of my life now lol
    drbugsmn, dr01d3tte and Steven58 like this.
  6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

It was... We appreciate your kind words. We work HARD to keep peace, to keep you guys informed and and to keep this place safe. Stuff like to today makes the job difficult and unpleasant for me, so I appreciate your guys' cooperation so we concentrate on the important stuff, which is getting the info out to you.
    BabyBlues, drbugsmn, robpeck and 3 others like this.
  7. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

Olosnah,
    I'm excited too and thanks for the information from your sister. I was just thinking / wondering, is her cell with verizon? If it is, maybe texting her for details might not be best. If she its higher up, she might be bring spied on. If she has verizon cell, maybe you could call her on a landline for details.

drbugsmn likes this.
  8. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Well-Known Member

It's exactly why I joined. I like knowing I'm not alone in my geekness. :)
  9. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

I thought it was to buy music with limited record company backing?
    MoPhoMan likes this.
  10. MoPhoMan

It has been rumored for some time that an announcement would be made soon between Google and one/some labels.

All I know for sure is Google Music will sound Incredible on my new Galaxy Nexus. (See how I made this back on topic - talent!)
  11. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

Off Topic but I've decided there are way too many East Coasters on this forum. It's funny because it absolutely dies in here at the same time every day. Around 4pm (West Coast Time) while all the East Coast people are commuting home/eating dinner.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  12. IgnatiusXIX

I understand. And I don't fault you or those who opinions you share on that matter. But there is a line. And I believe its somewhere near this behavior-- Quite literally harassing VZW CS reps for no particular reason (though you will tell yourselves that you did so because you were hoping to gather unpublished information; even more respectable). And fighting about a joke that you didn't catch because you are so wrapped up in a superficial thing and were emotionally hurt when you found out it was an obvious joke.

Its one thing to be excited-- we all are. Its another entirely to let something like this consume you. Sorry, just my two pennies.
  13. th0r615

th0r615 Well-Known Member

Looks like the release is around the 21st:

The Nexus twitter just said that 10 chances to win over 10 days starting tomorrow.
    RadYOacTiVe and Sushibagel like this.
  14. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

10 days, 10 Nexii (nexuses?!)

[​IMG]
    drbugsmn and Sushibagel like this.
  15. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

Win a Galaxy Nexus through twitter. Follow @googlenexus for your chance to win!
    Sushibagel likes this.
  16. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean it will end on the release day.
  17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Well, best to just mention at this point, around here, we attack issues and not each other and let's all be polite. ;)

Mr. Politenessman says that so many problems can be solved with politeness - and we do not endorse harassing CSRs or anyone.
    BabyBlues and Steven58 like this.
  18. MoPhoMan

OK, maybe the better response would have been: I joined this forum because it makes me feel normal.
  19. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

To demonstrate my ignorance for the evening, what is a soft launch? Does it mean the product is for sale with no fanfare or does it mean inventory is limited like a early production run?

I heard the term in Ocean's Thirteen but want to understand it in this context.
  20. IgnatiusXIX

21. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

I won't either :(

I wouldn't even be conscious
    dr01d3tte likes this.
  22. th0r615

th0r615 Well-Known Member

I know, and I hope I'm wrong... but the last Nexus release had the same give away and ended just before it became available.
  23. AndroidFanKyle

AndroidFanKyle Well-Known Member

Probably reading too much in to this, but wouldn't this align with a 11/21 VZW release?

EDIT: Disregard - another post beat me to it. My apologies.
  24. brightside

brightside Active Member

I agree that it doesn't mean that it has to end on launch day, but it seems pretty reasonable to me that the 21st is it.
  25. EdenObscured

EdenObscured Well-Known Member

I registered just so I can say that the Galaxy Nexus will be my first smartphone besides my work blackberry.

I have been using a moto KRZR for voice and text all this time. Everyday that passes with no announcement makes me sadder.

Please Verizon, announce the DATE!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.