• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, best to just mention at this point, around here, we attack issues and not each other and let's all be polite. ;)

Mr. Politenessman says that so many problems can be solved with politeness - and we do not endorse harassing CSRs or anyone.

Every time you guys talk about being polite I think of "Roadhouse" :)

/sorry

Upvote 0
To demonstrate my ignorance for the evening, what is a soft launch? Does it mean the product is for sale with no fanfare or does it mean inventory is limited like a early production run?

I heard the term in Ocean's Thirteen but want to understand it in this context.

Congratulations RichSz, this is the first Ocean's Thirteen reference in the thread!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I know, and I hope I'm wrong... but the last Nexus release had the same give away and ended just before it became available.

I agree that it doesn't mean that it has to end on launch day, but it seems pretty reasonable to me that the 21st is it.

Probably reading too much in to this, but wouldn't this align with a 11/21 VZW release?

It cant possibly be what it means cause I want it sooner :cool:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Does anyone know how Verizon taxes a on-contract phone? Do they tax you for the full retail price or for the price of $299? (In California if that would make any difference).

they only can tax you on what they sell it to you for, at least in my state. that would be like getting taxed full msrp on a new car but actually getting it $2500 less than msrp

Upvote 0
they only can tax you on what they sell it to you for, at least in my state. that would be like getting taxed full msrp on a new car but actually getting it $2500 less than msrp

Yeah I'm hoping so. But when my mom got her iPhone it was 250? I also know some parts of the country have been trying to change it, taxing customers on the full msrp of cell phones, but didn't know if California was doing that yet. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones