1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

Post 2700 FTW!!

Goodnight all, catch up tomorrow.
    iowabowtech likes this.
  2. RX-78-2

RX-78-2 Well-Known Member

Another thing that points to another device(or a drasticly changed note) is the volume rocker.
  3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

A fine point! Didn't even notice in my jubilation. I was too busy slow playing the vid in fullscreen with the brightness turned up while looking over every viewable square inch of beauty...which wasn't a lot of square inches yet enough to take the edge off the wait. :D
  4. daygo718

daygo718 Well-Known Member

The phone in the video looks great! This has to be what we've all been waiting for. Is the phone really as curved as it appears?
  5. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

Hey X Factor, welcome to the forum! We've been talking about that photo and trying to determine whether it's real or fake. Do you have any opinions?

Here are a few observations, none of 'em conclusive:

• The lower left region when examined in a paint program is a broad stretch of pure black pixels (rather than a dark gradient or splotchiness) which can indicate artificial retouching.
    • The lower bezel seems too tall. One of the features of the new Android ICS version is its support for "soft" buttons created as extensions to the main touch display, rather than separate physical buttons. With the new large 4.65" display, you'd expect them to minimize unneeded width/length of the phone.
    • The text edges (s/w/x/y) appear to run slightly off the left edge of the display, which may be a normal photographic focus/perspective issue, but could indicate sloppy photoshopping.
    • Lower text is sharper than higher up, which may well be normal w/macro focusing.
    • The horizontal bounding rectangle containing the bottom buttons doesn't seem to show any greyish backlight/display bleed, which I'd expect to see if the buttons are rendered on the main touchscreen instead of being either physical buttons or otherwise separate capacitive buttons.
  6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Yes. It's the blue line that makers it look more curved. It's fairly straight with a little curve, when you factor the blue curve out.
  7. Thejungle

Thejungle Well-Known Member

8. cereal killer

cereal killer Well-Known Member

Whatever that phone ends up being it looks pretty sweet with the curve. I can only imagine the rest of it. Very aesthetically pleasing so far and that is only a profile shot.
  9. Thejungle

Thejungle Well-Known Member

In my opinion, if we're talking about a design, I can say it's just nothing new. With a Prime name I expected something really innovative, something similar to what Motorola did with Droid advertisements. That spot with a rocks falling from the sky was just great. And that's nexus prime, so it should present some new design associated with some transformers or at least robots. But this is just Nexus s with a little cosmetics.

I'm not satisfied, and rather disappointed. What a pity...
    Especially for those who wait so many months for it. I'd stay with my I9000.
  10. locoandroid

locoandroid Well-Known Member

Sexy design / curves, I'm drooling over this baby
  11. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

Does anybody here ever sleep?;)
    Just like a bunch of kids at X-Mas time.:D
    Geez its bigger then EPIC in here.:eek:
  12. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

Game, set, match. Profile alone, that is one revolutionary looking device. Apple is on the decline. They simply can't get away any more with rationing upgrades here and there just to get you to buy a new phone every year or so. Will be interesting to see if their stock drops again next Tuesday.
  13. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I know it was briefly mentioned earlier but:
    Apple Stock Drops 5% Following iPhone Event
    Apple just brought one huge bag of fail yesterday. I remember last year I was here on the forums trash talking the 4, but it still brought some great new features. This time around, I watched the announcement and thought, uh, is this all you got?
    Anyway, I'm getting more excited everyday about the Prime! My Bionic fills all my needs, but I also needs some ICS!
  14. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member

cesjr02 on Engadget posted a "fixed" image. Looks interesting :)

[​IMG]

and another one by Android Police

[​IMG]

I guess it's the same form factor as the Nexus S with the thicker part at the bottom?
    BiggestManEver likes this.
  15. bldgengineer

bldgengineer Well-Known Member

So sexy! I pray this is what we get with the specs to match it!
  16. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

lol! Yeah, I wasn't very clear. That's funny. Now take your ball and leave! :)
  17. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Sorry, never mind. Better pic above. Wow, you guys are fast !
  18. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

What are those three metallic dots? Volume?
  19. giomasterg

giomasterg Well-Known Member

Looks like the N1 and NS had a baby or in terms of the video
    Nexus 1| Nexus S....... A better Nexus :D
  20. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

One of the things I really hope the NP has is a multi-colored LED. I don't know if Samsung does those or not, but it's extremely useful on my DX. I often can tell what the notification is about just by the color of the LED. If it's not there I'll miss it, but realize the other benefits of the phone will offset it.
  21. smittysmitt3434

smittysmitt3434 Well-Known Member

I really like the profile look of this phone. I can't believe that in 6 days I am going to be acting like my 3 yr old daughter at Christmas. The only thing that I am concerned about is whether this will have a micro-sd port. I know the s didn't have one and I am praying they don't make that mistake again.
  22. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

<------------ SALUTES ROZE

(Hey, it's morning :D )

My guess is the three dots are on the camera button... Same position as the one on the OG Droid. I hope I hope I hope!
  23. Ynomrah

Ynomrah Well-Known Member

even better picture for you guys

[​IMG]

;)
  24. g_patrick15

g_patrick15 Well-Known Member

The three dots are probably the charging ports for a dock. The nexus one had them at the bottom.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.