1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

Just as a little side note, I am spoiled with this forum. I am an active member at 2 other forums, and after being so active in this thread, if I don't see a response in the other forums within minutes of the last post, I get agitated. Its great that so many people are active on this thread all day long.
    OfTheDamned and EarlyMon like this.
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I have, at times, forgotten that this is not a chat room. :eek:
    EarlyMon likes this.
  3. WyntersEnd

WyntersEnd Well-Known Member

Sure, I'll try:

Screen on about 5 of those 10 hours. Auto brightness. Gmail, calendar, etc all synced. Sent and received about 15 texts. Sent and received about 10 emails. Played music for about 3 hours (screen usually off). Browsed the web for maybe an hour total. Played Drop7 for 30 minutes. Played with my fantasy football lineup in the yahoo app.

Other than that I downloaded market apps and played with my homescreens trying out Sense (which I've never used before).

That was my day and I'd probably call that heavy.
    Ninjak and EarlyMon like this.
  4. WyntersEnd

Ah, thanks for the clarification - that was what I was trying to remember.

You'd have to figure the GNex battery life would be relatively equal to the Rezound right? Bigger battery offset by bigger 4.65" screen? Maybe even better because no Sense? Or is the S3 chip going to be better on battery than the 4460?

I'll be sure to compare as soon as I can get my hands on the Nexus!
    EarlyMon likes this.
  5. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

I think a lot more people know about and are interested in this phone then we or Verizon are aware of. I also think people have become more savvy shoppers. Going to the internet to look up things before going to the store. I also think that we have some influence in that. For myself my neighbor used to come to me for advice on anything technical that he was looking to buy. Before he would have no idea what to even look at when he came to me but after a while of realizing that I go on the internet and research the stuff he's started doing that too. While he still comes to me for my opinion, he comes with products already in mind. Google and the internet have become easy to the point that anybody and do a Google search for "Verizon new phones" and see all the cool new phones coming.
    OfTheDamned and EarlyMon like this.
  6. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Huh! A Galaxy Nex-something? Never heard of one but it sounds cool! When I go out later I'll stop in to Walgreens and get one.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  7. BLD

BLD Well-Known Member

No, that's where you go for iPhones. :D:p
    EarlyMon likes this.
  8. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

I think when we really get going a lot of us have that same thought.
  9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

These are all things we'll have to see, for sure.

My expectation is that the difference between potential efficiency of the SAMOLED display vs. the size increase _might_ make that a wash in the comparison.

The system dumps of the Gnex as well as what I've seen in the YouTubes suggests it's certainly a bigger/richer software stack than what we've seen and may actually be on the order of Sense in size - so that may be a wash, too.

I'd like to expect that the Gnex will have the edge over the Rezound for your use scenario - but - with your report including 4G on all the time - either one sounds like it will do the job for most folks.

The 4460 is running both cpu cores at the same speed, but it seem to feature really advanced power management - I was very impressed, typical ace job again by the TI wizards on that one.

Anyway - I just have to repeat - I'm really impressed that Verizon Sense fans are finally getting some good out-of-the-box and just-work love. :)
  10. rafier

rafier Well-Known Member

11. WyntersEnd

Cool, very informative and level headed. And I'm lucky to be in an area with a strong 4g signal. So maybe if you're switching in and out of 4g/3g coverage battery will take a hit.
  12. EarlyMon

Yep. I've said before, times change and the days of us all being propellerheads squirreled away on a forum and not part of the mainline pulse are over.

People get it.

It's all been iPhone this and what's a Droid, and that will never change. But you can not regularly browse a financial or entertainment or tech rag without hearing about Android - it cannot be done.

And a few years of PC experience under the masses collective belt since that old meme started means that much more comfort googling before buying.

I know we're the biggest, but the other forums are not small, so even with member cross-over - collectively, our subscriber numbers are in the millions. And around here, our lurker-to-member ratio runs at a steady 10-to-1.

That's over 10 million people being affect by Android forums (especially Android Forums ;)) - and if we toss in that Girard's Law of 250 I posted on some time back - where each person networks and connects to the opinions of about 250 others on average - we have several countries getting covered with our influence.

So - go geeks, that's all I can tell ya. :) ;) :cool:
  13. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I'll just make sure to make the goofiest face I can possibly fathom for my unlock picture. Surely nobody will get or would have a picture of me making that kind of face and it will provide for some great entertainment for others when unlocking my phone in public :D
    stgmngr210 likes this.
  14. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Crap, I forgot! Thanks for the tip. Man, I would have felt stupid. Bed, Bath and Beyond here I come!
  15. EarlyMon

Interesting point - guess that will depend on lots of factors as well. I think we all know that going in and out of 3G beats a battery to death, but I've never thought about going in and out of 3G/4G. Very interesting.
  16. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I think I'll go with another body part. Something that hasn't been photographed and that no one else could duplicate.

Hmmm. . . .

"Hey guys, check out my butt-unlock feature!"
  17. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

or that! Right on!
  18. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

Does that mean it would have to use the mole on the left cheek as a defining feature? lol
  19. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

My 2 week Bionic affair showed me that switching in and out of 4G/3G (and believe you me it was rampant in some outer suburbs of Atlanta) did very little to affect battery life. One point that made it difficult to get a super accurate picture though is the Bionics unfortunate "data drop issue" where it momentarily loses all data connections...

I'm lucky as well to be in a strong 4G area (until I travel that is) where I reside.
  20. fixxxer1022

fixxxer1022 Well-Known Member

if you want to sell your rezound hit me up.
  21. 3vil

3vil Well-Known Member

The twitter challenge is live
    Google
    EarlyMon likes this.
  22. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Woot! Emptied out my change bucket. Almost fully pays for my new baby!! Bring on the Nexus!

And for all of us please take video of the first time you butt unlock in public. And I mean of the chaos that ensues when you drop trou. :D
    BobF, dawnierae, jbdan and 1 other person like this.
  23. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Well-Known Member

Just ordered a Rezound for a new employee yesterday who couldn't wait for the GNex (I tried to pitch it was worth the wait). Since I will be out of the office all next week I am hoping I don't get a chance to play with hers before my GNex arrives, because it is coming the 17th...right?
  24. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

I still say doubtful...But hey, what do I know!

I'm sticking with the 21st date.
  25. 3vil

3vil Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.