***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seems impossible to me. I didn't know you had to be a genius to enter the contest. WTF

Advertisement
  2. brain85

brain85 Well-Known Member

I opened up the contest page, saw the picture, and closed out about 10 seconds later. Screw that.
  3. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

I thought that each one stood for a letter but all I got out of that was an e
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

MoPhoMan likes this.
  5. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Well-Known Member

And supposedly the first one is the easiest. Guess I won't be winning one. But at least we have the 21st as a release date. Hopefully
  6. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

I submitted my guess.
  7. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

As of 5 minutes ago, @GalaxyNexus had just 146,000+ followers. Better than the lottery if you can decifer the puzzle.
  8. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

I like almost impossible puzzles better than super easy ones. Then at least the person who gets it, would have earned it.
  9. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Looks like Mensa members will be getting free Nexi :rolleyes:

I was invited to be a member of Mensa, but I refuse to associate myself with so-called "geniuses" who spend their time creating and solving complex puzzles to show each other how smart and clever they are. With all that brain power, they should be solving world hunger or something! THEN maybe they'd be relevant enough to join. Oh well, some of them will get a free phone... that's one plus, I guess LOL
    EarlyMon likes this.
  10. woodraskam

colors could be carriers
  11. 3vil

3vil Well-Known Member

what does the "sdfpogiue" in the url mean?
  12. 3vil

3vil Well-Known Member

I don't know, because the colors are in the same order as the google logo.
    woodraskam likes this.
  13. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Well-Known Member

I took each number of dots on each Android and mulitplied them together because of the * (common multiplication symbol). When I did, I got a zip code. 73728 - Cherokee, OK.
  14. 3vil

3vil Well-Known Member

maybe although this is an international contest.
  15. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Good call! I actually saw that one come through. I hope it was you and that it was right.

/Okie
  16. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Perhaps. :)
  17. DrexelDragon

true, but when you type those numbers into Google that's the first thing that pops up anyway...
    3vil likes this.
  18. woodraskam

What if it doesn't mean anything, and is just an abstract picture. Google is just gonna judge who had the most creative entry, and they win. :)
  19. DrexelDragon

Cool! Thanks! On twitter I'm KarateKid93 is that who you saw?
  20. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Well it's international as in anyone can win it. Doesn't mean that they couldn't use the US Zip code system as a hint.
  21. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

That's because when you go to Google you automatically get directed to the U.S. Google if you are in the U.S. if you are in the U.K. for example you get a whole separate page. So search result would be most likely different. (Tailored to the U.K.)
  22. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

Yep! There's you and two other folks, and you beat them by 11 or more minutes.

By the way, if it's right, the only thing that might mess you up is the fact that you submitted it twice. If they go strictly by the letter of the rules, the second submission can disqualify you. I think you got close enough in your first submission.
    DrexelDragon likes this.
  23. DrexelDragon

True, but that doesn't mean international people couldn't think to look it up in U.S. zip code! Just trying to be optimistic :)
  24. DrexelDragon

yes, I did read that in the rules a few minutes ago...I deleted the second one!
  25. Sushibagel

Sushibagel Well-Known Member

Yeah true. Don't get me wrong I hope you are are correct I was just putting in my 2 cents for what its worth. I'm not gonna bother even trying to solve the puzzle. I need to give you props for coming up with that because I never would have.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.