• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a guess, but the Androids could represent the 6 inhabited continents and the dots could be about cities or countries. They add up to 44. Not sure how many countries Android is in. The dots could also represent carriers too I guess, but none of them have on 7 for Verizon.

EDIT: I just noticed the twitter link and that a bunch of people already submitted that. I though I was being all sorts of clever, dang it. :(

Upvote 0
So my friend that works at ATT knows some people that work over at Verizon across the street. He said that he talked to one of the guys who works inventory, and said that the Galaxy Nexus wasn't in the inventory list, and when they show up in the inventory, it is usually around a month when they hit shelves. I am not sure if this has been talked about or if anyone else knows people who work inventory, but I refuse to believe him...

Upvote 0
So my friend that works at ATT knows some people that work over at Verizon across the street. He said that he talked to one of the guys who works inventory, and said that the Galaxy Nexus wasn't in the inventory list, and when they show up in the inventory, it is usually around a month when they hit shelves. I am not sure if this has been talked about or if anyone else knows people who work inventory, but I refuse to believe him...

That could possibly be the norm, but there are always exceptions to every rule.

Upvote 0
So, I did a little research on the previous two nexus challenges and it seems that they love to involve the URLs...

So with that, here are my theories so far:

1. The androids stand for "Google" and you can use that somehow to determine a crypto or cipher.

2. Each droid is a part of a latitude/longitude coordinate somehow based on the possible compass rose on its belly and that coords have 6 characters.

3. it's a cipher with the dots representing letters that can be determined via the URL (01sdfpogiue).

4. or, I got nothin.

Upvote 0

Went to Verizon today to find out some info and get my younger son a basic phone.I asked the salesman about the G Nex...He said "We dont even have those in stock yet".He then told me how dismal the Razr phone sales are and laughed about opening up later.I also picked up a Razr and it was oddly warm as compared to other phones that were on next to it.Only warm on the screen not the back.

Upvote 0
Went to Verizon today to find out some info and get my younger son a basic phone.I asked the salesman about the G Nex...He said "We dont even have those in stock yet".He then told me how dismal the Razr phone sales are and laughed about opening up later.I also picked up a Razr and it was oddly warm as compared to other phones that were on next to it.Only warm on the screen not the back.

I don't think there going to get any in stock soon. Im really starting to believe its going to be web only to start... that way they can just steer everyone that comes in the stores to the Razr or Rezound.

BMX:

I would use Chrome to tick
as Online only looks like the pick

Upvote 0
I don't think there going to get any in stock soon. Im really starting to believe its going to be web only to start... that way they can just steer everyone that comes in the stores to the Razr or Rezound.

BMX:

I would use Chrome to tick
as Online only looks like the pick

I'm going to hit Costco, as they usually do a decent accessories package included for what you pay VZW for just the phone.. that being said, if it is web only to start, cyber-shopping AWAY!!!

Upvote 0
Stopped by a Verizon authorized retail store a little while ago, and they didn't even have an activated Razr in the store - just the demo with the sticker screen. And it wasn't even OUT, the sales guy had to go looking for it. I told him nevermind, if it's not activated, it's pretty useless, and besides, I was waiting for the Galaxy Nexus. He had a puzzled look on his face for a fraction of a second and then smiled and said he didn't know when that one was coming out, but that they don't usually know until a couple of days before, sometimes not until the day OF. Take it FWIW. He did confirm they have not gotten any accessories yet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones