***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

LOL what a worthless poem from him. The poem actually makes it seem like he knows less than us hahhaahaha.

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Just a guess, but the Androids could represent the 6 inhabited continents and the dots could be about cities or countries. They add up to 44. Not sure how many countries Android is in. The dots could also represent carriers too I guess, but none of them have on 7 for Verizon.

EDIT: I just noticed the twitter link and that a bunch of people already submitted that. I though I was being all sorts of clever, dang it. :(
    sweatyBeef and jbdan like this.
  3. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Yeah his next tweet said:

Travillion likes this.
  4. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

I will. $28 on blackfriday. Bought Skyrim today.
    SamMax likes this.
  5. OfTheDamned

Just for the record, Google Goggles is no help in the contest. :(
    drbugsmn, MoPhoMan, Stigy and 2 others like this.
  6. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm Well-Known Member

Puzzel: Howw du i goine Menser?
    speede541 likes this.
  7. woodraskam

woodraskam Well-Known Member

Welcome to the mad house.
    Dmw017 likes this.
  8. OfTheDamned

Welcome to the forum stgmngr210!
  9. tluley51

tluley51 Well-Known Member

So my friend that works at ATT knows some people that work over at Verizon across the street. He said that he talked to one of the guys who works inventory, and said that the Galaxy Nexus wasn't in the inventory list, and when they show up in the inventory, it is usually around a month when they hit shelves. I am not sure if this has been talked about or if anyone else knows people who work inventory, but I refuse to believe him...
  10. OfTheDamned

That could possibly be the norm, but there are always exceptions to every rule.
  11. puppeteer

puppeteer Well-Known Member

So, I did a little research on the previous two nexus challenges and it seems that they love to involve the URLs...

So with that, here are my theories so far:

1. The androids stand for "Google" and you can use that somehow to determine a crypto or cipher.

2. Each droid is a part of a latitude/longitude coordinate somehow based on the possible compass rose on its belly and that coords have 6 characters.

3. it's a cipher with the dots representing letters that can be determined via the URL (01sdfpogiue).

4. or, I got nothin.
  12. rafier

rafier Well-Known Member

Looks like a star chart to me... Don't know my constellations. Oh well guess a free SGN is not in the stars for me. lol
  13. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Makes sense, since it's for a Galaxy.
    stgmngr210 likes this.
  14. puppeteer

That's interesting, actually. Can you point me to an example? Could make sense with the galaxy name, of course.
  15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Maybe the compass roses point to coordinates as seen from a location using the Google star maps app?
  16. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Does it fit any known FTP syntax?

8.62.88.12 is a valid US IP address...
  17. Mach Droid

Mach Droid Well-Known Member

Went to Verizon today to find out some info and get my younger son a basic phone.I asked the salesman about the G Nex...He said "We dont even have those in stock yet".He then told me how dismal the Razr phone sales are and laughed about opening up later.I also picked up a Razr and it was oddly warm as compared to other phones that were on next to it.Only warm on the screen not the back.
  18. th0r615

th0r615 Well-Known Member

21st sounds good to me. Overnight it and get it the 22nd. Have 23 - 27 off from classes so I have plenty of time to play with it.
  19. puppeteer

Doesn't resolve via reverse DNS, though.
  20. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Well-Known Member

I don't think there going to get any in stock soon. Im really starting to believe its going to be web only to start... that way they can just steer everyone that comes in the stores to the Razr or Rezound.

BMX:

I would use Chrome to tick
    as Online only looks like the pick
  21. puppeteer

I'm going to hit Costco, as they usually do a decent accessories package included for what you pay VZW for just the phone.. that being said, if it is web only to start, cyber-shopping AWAY!!!
  22. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Stopped by a Verizon authorized retail store a little while ago, and they didn't even have an activated Razr in the store - just the demo with the sticker screen. And it wasn't even OUT, the sales guy had to go looking for it. I told him nevermind, if it's not activated, it's pretty useless, and besides, I was waiting for the Galaxy Nexus. He had a puzzled look on his face for a fraction of a second and then smiled and said he didn't know when that one was coming out, but that they don't usually know until a couple of days before, sometimes not until the day OF. Take it FWIW. He did confirm they have not gotten any accessories yet.
  23. X24

X24 Well-Known Member

If it's online only, why would stores get accessories already?
    nexus15 likes this.
  24. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Well-Known Member

I have to admit that I find it funny that it was easier to buy good tickets to see Roger Waters perform The Wall in May '12 than it is to get a phone company to take my $$$$ (of which they will get 0 until this phone is released).
    tpags likes this.
  25. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

I am slowly losing hope again in the Nexus being released this coming week....such an emotional roller coaster here.

However seems that the RAZR folks are having a lot of battery issues. Good thing I abstained from getting it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.